Fastest way to get to MCO from Port Canaveral

HeidiHo

I am asking this for a friend who isn't on Cruise Critic. Not realizing how far it is from Port Canaveral to MCO she booked a an early flight home after her Disney Dream cruise. She has purchased Disney transfers but is now looking for other options. What would be the fastest? I was thinking maybe she should a private car in advance but worry that they might not show up on time either. If she didn't hire a car in advance and did Express Walk Off would there be taxi's at the pier she could just hop in. That's what we usually do after a cruise but have not done that at Port Canaveral. I know it wouldn't be cheap but changing the flight at this point would be more expensive.

One more taxi question. Are there shared van taxi's at the port that would make it cheaper than a private taxi? That's what we have done on our last 2 cruises. We just exited the ship and jumped in a shared van taxi for a flat rate but in both of those cases we were at ports close to the airport. With MCO being so far I don't know if things are different.

Generally shared vans are not taxis, but shuttles. In many cases, these shared "taxis" charge the same rate as a taxi that you don't have to share, so the operator is raking in the dough. For example, a taxi from the port to the airport in FLL is $15. The shared "taxis" also charge $15 per couple, and take 4 or 5 couples, charging them each $15. So that van makes $60 or $75 before tips, where a taxi would make $15. It is something of a well known scam.

To your original question, I would arrange private transport. If they are late, or don't show, jump in a taxi, and face one of the consequences of booking too early a flight.

Generally shared vans are not taxis, but shuttles. In many cases, these shared "taxis" charge the same rate as a taxi that you don't have to share, so the operator is raking in the dough. For example, a taxi from the port to the airport in FLL is $15. The shared "taxis" also charge $15 per couple, and take 4 or 5 couples, charging them each $15. So that van makes $60 or $75 before tips, where a taxi would make $15. It is something of a well known scam.

To your original question, I would arrange private transport. If they are late, or don't show, jump in a taxi, and face one of the consequences of booking too early a flight.

Wrong airport

OP was asking for Port Canaveral to Orlando which is MUCH more than $15 e/w

Archived