Navigaor of the Seas Time Change Question

We will be Navigator of the Seas on March 16-23. The ship will be leaving from New Orleans, which will be on Central Daylight Time. The ports are Cozumel (will be on Central Std Time), Grand Cayman and Jamaica (which I beleve are on Eastern Std Time at that point - and should match CDT). Does anyone know if the ship changes time to match the port time. I have scheduled excursions through private vendors in each port and don't want to miss the ship! :eek:

Yes, the ship changes time to match the ports - at least it did when we were on Navigator last month.

But be careful with private excursions for Grand Cayman - sometimes that port can get missed due to weather conditions and the inability to tender. Make sure you can cancel or get a refund if you don't make it.

JT - be aware that while Cozumel is CST they do not start Daylight Savings until April. We dock at 7 am ship time but it will be 8 am there. I have heard the Captain does change the ship time to match in Cayman and Jamaica - which surprised me. Most don't.

I was on the NOS last week and Capt. Klous makes does change the ship time to coincide with Island time and makes several announcements in regard to the time change.

Great cruise! Had a blast!

Thanks for the replies. Glad to hear they actually change the time. That makes it easier to keep up with, especially with the difference in DST for the US vs. the ports we are going to. Since we will be in Cozumel 7 to 4, that would mean it would be 6 to 3 local time if they did not change and we would need to be on board by 2:30 local time.

Make sure you bring a watch...do NOT use your cellphone, as it will show local time, not "ships" time. Set your watch to the time on the ship when you leave (there are clocks at all exits), and that way, you won't risk missing the ship. Ship's time is all that matters.

Archived