tvs in QM2 staterooms

roscoe39

Hi Guys.,

I cant find the answer online but know ill get it here from some of you more knowldgeable QM2ers...

getting on the QM on MOnday and have just bought the flash new camera and accessories. It can be played through HD tv and I vaugly remember the tvs were replaced during the refit....but were there replaced with HD tv??? anyone had first hand experience ??

thanks...jsut makes a difference as to whether its worth buying the extra kit...

roscoe

Hi Guys.,

I cant find the answer online but know ill get it here from some of you more knowldgeable QM2ers...

getting on the QM on MOnday and have just bought the flash new camera and accessories. It can be played through HD tv and I vaugly remember the tvs were replaced during the refit....but were there replaced with HD tv??? anyone had first hand experience ??

thanks...jsut makes a difference as to whether its worth buying the extra kit...

roscoe

I am not sure there is an sd card slot on the TV sets. How were you thinking of transferring the images.

David.

I am not sure there is an sd card slot on the TV sets. How were you thinking of transferring the images.

David.

Sorry David...I should have been clearer., by hd cable. Its a flat pin cable fits into the hd slots on the back. It would make it easier and quicker to view and edit/cut pics from my camera rather than the screen on the back...(not forgetting it would save having to find me glasses etc lol)

While the new TVs added to Cunard and most other fleets are flat screened 15:9 ratio with HDMI inputs, they are mostly still standard definition rather than HD. And similar to the computers in the internet centre you may find the inputs disabled. If plugging in your device does not automatically switch the TV from tuner to auxilliary input mode you will be out of luck--the generic universal remote will not be of any help.

thanks guys...its as clear as mud..lol...no thanks that was a lot of help. I think its worth the extra investment and I'l take the punt. In the past Ive had the rca cables and ive been able to use them and it made a big difference.

thanks again...

woohoo 2 more sleeps and then 48 on board...

roscoe

thanks guys...its as clear as mud..lol...no thanks that was a lot of help. I think its worth the extra investment and I'l take the punt. In the past Ive had the rca cables and ive been able to use them and it made a big difference.

thanks again...

woohoo 2 more sleeps and then 48 on board...

roscoe

Bon voyage, Roscoe! 48 days on board? Most I've done was 22. Please drop by when you have a chance and let us know how goes your voyage. Best wishes, -S

P.S. If you bring your laptop, and accessories needed for your camera, would there be no need for the in-cabin TV for your photography? (Obviously, I'm not too savvy on such matters, but that's what works for me.)

Sorry David...I should have been clearer., by hd cable. Its a flat pin cable fits into the hd slots on the back. It would make it easier and quicker to view and edit/cut pics from my camera rather than the screen on the back...(not forgetting it would save having to find me glasses etc lol)

You are probably talking about an HDMI cable if it really is HD so what we need to know is do the current TVs have a working HDMI socket? Unless you mean a USB socket?

Post #2 in this thread should help as its a photo of the back of the tv showing all the sockets:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1670409

Thanks to Pepperrn.

perfect thanks guys another sucessfu problem solved by CC...im sure they replaced the qm tvs with the ones they had on the QE. 4am here...so only a few more hours before she enters her harbour and im on holiday...woohooooo!

thanks s...mighty neighbourly of you, yes the tv is easier and quicker to access than down having to download to laptop if you want a quick edit and sorte, ive aways found it handy. Its also easier on my old eyes!:mad:

Archived