Art On Royal

It's sad to hear there are so many having problems in regards to onboard purchased artwork.... we have over the years happily bought pieces from P & O, Princess and RCCL and have never ever had a problem with them shipping it......

For those who poohoo the purchase of artwork well and good, each to their own, but for some of us it becomes, once hung on the wall, a constantly seen reminder of a fabulous cruise which we see of better value than having a hefty bar bill which results in peeing your money down the toilet or stocking up on overpriced tacky ships souveniers which end up at the back of a cupboard, in the bin or at the charity shop.....

....IMO....ebay is not indicitive of anything other than the person wanting rid of whatever they have listed......

Is there an option to carry the purchased art off the ship when one disembarks?

I dont think so. The originals on board are samples only. When you buy one , they order another one to be made.

They couldnt sell the ones on board anyway, as they would having nothing to sell on the next cruise.:eek:

Is there an option to carry the purchased art off the ship when one disembarks?

No you can't take it off the ship as it need to be put in a new frame of your choice and the ones on the ship are only sample pitty as this would of saved a lot time, you would think that they would have room to have a selection of frames so you can take it off with you when you disembark !

They don't really identify themselves as being from some organisation other than Royal. Royal are taking payments and getting commissions, that is the behaviour of an agent rather than a landlord. I'm surprised they let these scams operate under their banner.

Agreed.

It's not just them that applies to either. For example, all the shops and also the photography and video are also done under concession arrangements even though they look like part of the onboard facilities.

If you have an issue, you have to sort it out with those vendors instead of RCL (or whichever cruise line).

Solstice still has Park West doing the art auctions. On checking our account via tv mid cruise, we had been charged over $900 for art which we never purchased. It was swiftly removed from our account when we complained but someone must have purchased it and who knows if they found the rightful owner. If the purchaser did not receive the artwork in this case at least they would not have been charged for it. It certainly pays to check onboard account every few days and it's so easy with the new systems via tv.

I actually had a very pleasant experience purchasing art on royal. I cruised on the Independence back in 2012. I found the selection to be quite plentiful. As a matter of fact when one of the paintings I purchased arrived a few weeks late they offered a beautiful promo piece to go along with it. I am sorry you had a bad experience-especially when you find out it is cheaper on ebay. However your experience will not preclude me from buying from art on royal in the future as I indeed had a great experience.:)

We were on the Xmas cruise on the Voyager Of The Seas out of Sydney on the 22nd Dec 2012. We bought 2 prints that we are still waiting for. I have followed all of the official procedures to try and find out where they are but so far no luck.

I guess there is little chance of getting my money back either if I can't get a reply from them.

If they have been having problems shipping all of the art that is sold on these cruises they should at least contact us and let us know. It does not matter to me who actually runs these art auctions, the damage has been done as we will probably never cruise with RCI again, at the very least we will never by art on a cruise ever again.

It turns out we could have driven 45 minutes down the road and bought the art off the artist (Donald Waters) from his studio. I will pay him a visit soon as I am curious to see if he ever gets his money off these ratbags.

We were on the Xmas cruise on the Voyager Of The Seas out of Sydney on the 22nd Dec 2012. We bought 2 prints that we are still waiting for. I have followed all of the official procedures to try and find out where they are but so far no luck.

I guess there is little chance of getting my money back either if I can't get a reply from them.

If they have been having problems shipping all of the art that is sold on these cruises they should at least contact us and let us know. It does not matter to me who actually runs these art auctions, the damage has been done as we will probably never cruise with RCI again, at the very least we will never by art on a cruise ever again.

It turns out we could have driven 45 minutes down the road and bought the art off the artist (Donald Waters) from his studio. I will pay him a visit soon as I am curious to see if he ever gets his money off these ratbags.

Hi

we were on the Xmas cruise as well I have now in the process of getting a refund lets hope it doesnt take long :( email Gaynor on gduncan@ArtOnRoyal.com she has been helping me and she replies to emails as well, I just told them i was going to the onbudsman and then i get told i can have a refund :D:Dsee how you go with email her, will keep you posted for when i get my refund

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd share my experience. My boyfriend and I went on a cruise in November and bought a piece from Rob Kaz.

When March came around I called and wondered where my painting was and they said they were running behind and would send me a free print as a "sorry" compensation.

I finally received the painting a couple of weeks ago (mid April) and though I really love the painting I purchased, waiting 5 months for it I thought was a little ridiculous.

They also didn't send that "free print" oh well!

I don't know yet if I will buy again on RCI, but I am a huge fan of Rob Kaz, so we'll see I guess!

Isabel :)

Update

I decided to send another email the other day and I received a phone call from a guy called Darryl from Art On Royal on Friday last week ( 26th April).

He told me the art I had ordered is finally leaving Sydney and that I should have it in a few days, he also gave me a tracking number with TNT.

I arrived home on Tuesday this week to find my long lost artwork sitting on my door step..

It looks like every ones artwork from the Xmas cruise (Voyager out of Sydney) is on the move, happy days.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Just thought I would let you know that the DeRubis artwork we bought on our Xmas Rhapsody cruise has finally arrived.

After several emails to Art on Royal, I finally got a phone call from a Darrell in Florida a few weeks back. He was most apologetic about the problems in delivery and said that my piece had somehow gone astray enroute. His good news was that he had been able to source another one for us, and that he would also ship a second smaller DeRubis to us and refund the shipping/handling charges I had paid. I just wanted to get what I paid over $2K for and thought his generous offer was not really necessary ... ... but I certainly didn't knock him back!! icon7.gif

Well, he has now delivered on his promise and I am now the proud owner of 2 DeRubis pieces for the price of one, as well as having $120 back in my account. All good, and my faith in Art on Royal has been restored ... so long as they don't take 5 months to deliver if I ever buy again in the future!!

If anyone has continuing problems with Art on Royal, then I suggest ringing Darrel ... he can be contacted from Australia on 61 280 385 003 (local call) from Mon t0 Fri between 7am and noon AEST ... although I'm not sure how long he will be around for as he had been pulled back to Florida from whatever ship he was on to sort out all the delivery problems they were having.

Cheers

Bob

• 3 months later...

only happened once. a few weeks ago....it came a couple weeks late..and they comped me a free promotion. sorry you had a tough time at least you got your money back...the only times i had trouble getting my art is when i had to deal with park west. thank god royal carribean took care of that one...

We purchased 3 paintings close to $1800 on Independence of the Seas on 1/13/13 sailing, paid cash trusting Royal Caribbean brand, which turned out to be the biggest mistake. In 4 months there was no communication whatsoever from Art at Royal, when I finally called up the auctioneer, I was given a customer service number in Florida. I called and was told there was a huge demand of the paintings, blah blah blah therefore it hasn't been shipped out yet. Well at least have the courtesy to contact me and notify me about the delay. Then after it's finally shipped out to China, I asked for a tracking number, no response. Two months later, I emailed again, I was then given a DHL tracking number to contact DHL myself. I started the chase with DHL only to find out the merchandise never cleared the customs because Art at Royal put in the wrong recipient information and the package couldn't be verified, therefore the merchandise reached 90 days limit and destroyed by the customs. Now Art at Royal found out they couldn't retrieve the paintings either, they came back and told me they make one call to my American friend contact, (and they didn't even bother to contact the primary recipient, me) and asked her to follow up with DHL. Not only my friend never got the message, they didn't bother to follow up at all nor send an email to me, even though I maintained email contact with them this whole time. I have been so patient with them throughout the whole process, but end up with such a disappointing result. Art at Royal refuse to refund me my money claiming they did all they could. I guess they call their best effort is that one call they made to my friend. What a joke. Art at Royal is clearly impotent to even carry out the basic customer service functions, I am surprised Royal Caribbean still uses them. I also called Royal Caribbean, they basically said it's none of their business, I have to deal with Art at Royal myself. I really thought Royal Caribbean would at least stand behind their customers, investigate Art at Royal instead of simply saying there is nothing they can do.

My advise, do not buy any artwork from Royal Caribbean ships as the vendor is substandard, holes in the process that don't allow proper communicate to the guest, can't even get the shipping information correctly, and if something happens, Royal Caribbean will not stand behind you to help at all.

Archived