Question re Laundry Service

dag144

I cruise on HAL often and on Princess less. I am going on a longish voyage on Princess and have a question about laundry service. I know there are launder mats on the ships and the usual laundry service that priced per piece.

Does Princess have any other laundry packages such as HAL's all you can fit in a bag (provided by the line) and a $7.00/day unlimited laundry service?

I will be traveling on the Crown Princess from Europe to Fort Lauderdale.

Princess will often offer a special of $20 a bag for laundry. It was offered on our cruise on the Emerald last week. I find it easier to throw in a load or 2 myself on a 10 day cruise. I pack some 3 in 1 sheets and we're good to go!

I prefer to do my own laundry- I also use the 3-1 sheets, and "color catchers" in case I have a small mixed load. Have not had very good luck with the laundry service on ships- NCL and Princess.

Princess does not have the always available "all you can fit in a bag" laundry package the way HAL does. Every now and then, and it's usually on longer cruises, there might be a "by the bag" promotion but it's only for that day.

As said, there are self-serve laundries on every passenger deck on Princess ships other than the smaller ships. I believe they are $2/wash or dry. Elite members of the Princess Captain's Circle program get unlimited laundry as a perk.

Thank you all for responding. I will inquire what is available when I am on the Crown. Probably will have to buy some tee-shirts while at see so I don't miss a minute of bar time!;):)

Thank you all for responding. I will inquire what is available when I am on the Crown. Probably will have to buy some tee-shirts while at see so I don't miss a minute of bar time!;):)

On one of the sea days, there is generally what we call a "garage sale" in one of the dining rooms in the morning. This is not the Bijoux Turner $10 sale, but a sale of off-season leftover items. On the Emerald Princess, they had t-shirts as low as $1.99. Beginning that day an on the following day, I saw at least 25 people walking around in that $1.99 t-shirt, men and women alike. It was healer than laundry!

I love the garage sales. Stroke of genius. On HAL I get my laundry done because I have 4 ****'s. On Princess I am a platinum cruiser working my way up. It's nice work if you can get it!:)

Archived