Need airline suggestion from Quebec to N.Y.

Martita B.

Sailor's~~~Has anyone flown from Quebec City to New York City? I will disembark in Quebec City in the morning and will be flying to Houston. But, of course, I will need to fly Q.C. to N.Y first.........then on to Houston.

Any suggestions? Airlines?

Many thanks!

Martita

Sailor's~~~Has anyone flown from Quebec City to New York City? I will disembark in Quebec City in the morning and will be flying to Houston. But, of course, I will need to fly Q.C. to N.Y first.........then on to Houston.

Any suggestions? Airlines?

Many thanks!

Martita

When I was in Quebec earlier this year I took Continental from NY. Houston is one of Continentals hubs so the planes are nicer and they did to have more flight options since quite a few planes connect through houston so you have more options. Note most of the planes from Quebec on CO are commuter jets.

Air Canada is the best of the lot from Quebec. You will have to fly a prop to Montreal, then on to NYC. United, Delta and Continental have flights from Quebec into the NYC area, but the price is double/triple what Air Canada is. Continental has the only nonstop, but the price is about $600.00 compared to the Air Canada price of $191.00. And you arrive Newark, not JFK or LGA.

Air Canada is the best of the lot from Quebec. You will have to fly a prop to Montreal, then on to NYC. United, Delta and Continental have flights from Quebec into the NYC area, but the price is double/triple what Air Canada is. Continental has the only nonstop, but the price is about $600.00 compared to the Air Canada price of $191.00. And you arrive Newark, not JFK or LGA.

Flying into Newark vs JFK/LGA is no big deal especially if you are only connecting. Not certain if you only looked at the QC - NYC portion. The entire thing prices out to around $520-600 for the month of July per person from QC - Houston. I still say contiental because Houston is their hub and they fly so many flights through there if your flight is delayed you have much more flexibilty on getting onto another flight if need be

You could also do Air canada with a connection in Toronto instead of NY for about $400.

Or take the short flight or train to Montreal fly Delta or AC with connection in TO or Atlanta

Just depends on how much time and money you want to spend.

I would highly recommend trying to get a non-stop from Québec City. If you take the train to Montreal, you will need to either take a bus or connect to a second train (followed by a short bus) to get to Dorval airport; if you were to take the airplane connection, you will land in the commuter terminal at Dorval, have to walk down a (long) corridor followed by a tunnel, reclaim your bags, clear US Customs, recheck your bags, reclear security, and walk quite a distance to the new US departures pier at Dorval. This is not an easy thing to do (I have done it multiple times). If you go through Toronto, take everything I just said, and add in a bus ride/terminal change.

If the price is right, go direct. As mentioned before, sign up for a farewatcher at Orbitz, Travelocity, or a similar site that will email you when your desired trip drops. Air Canada's prices are not that much better than Continental or Delta if you can catch any of them on a seat sale. I do not believe that AC and United do not offer non-stop service from Quebec to any of the NYC airports any more.

Enjoy your cruise!

-bb123

You could also look into something to Houston out of Montreal. Depending on the schedule, you will likey have more choices from QC to Montreal. What you can get to Houston direct from Montreal I have no idea, but it can't hurt to look. At least you won't be going east to go west again.

Many, many thanks for all the great suggestions and help! As a solo traveler, it's very hard now to fly.....especially coming back into the States!

I'm going to look into what Continental might offer......

Thanks again!

Martita

Just had a quick look at Air Canada's site. Not sure the dates you are flying, but they have an afternoon flight from QC to Toronto, with an evening flight to Houston, for $275 taxes in, with July 20th being the date. You can book Air Canada through United, as they are Star Alliance partners. Air Canada is introducing new larger regional jets on the Toronto-Houston routes, and these planes are getting rave reviews from folks that have been avoiding AC because of their smaller regional jets.

Dan~~~~YOU should be a "flight consultant!" Mucho Gracias!

Can you do me a huge favor?

Can you look up a flight from Quebec City to Houston.....on to San Antonio on

Sept. 25th? I'll disembark around 9 am in Quebec City.

Thank you soooooo much!

Martita

The IAH -SAT leg throws the whole thing out of whack. Air Canada's website doesn't recognize San Antonio's code for some reason, so I checked United.com and it came up with at least $800 US for the flight, with plane changes in Toronto and either Chicago or Denver, then on to San Antonio, without stopping at Houston.

How far is it from Houston to San Antonio? Is it driveable?

Prices fluctaute for the Quebec-Toronto-Houston flight depending on time of day, but you can still get it for under $300 US if you take the 530pm flight out of Quebec, which gets you into Houston at 1047pm. You could leave Quebec at 245pm, but you still end up on the same flight to Houston, and this is $140 more. Or you could spend the day in Quebec, take the 555am flight out on Monday morning, and be in Houston by 11am, for the same sub-$300 fare.

What air arrangements have you made for getting to the ship (In New york, I'm assuming?). Have you priced out airfare for the whole thing?

I've not yet made my flight reservations to N.Y. This is fairly easy....S.A., Houston and on to NY.

I live 200 miles West of San Antonio so I always drive the day before.....and fly out early the next day......when I return, I have to spend the night again in S.A.......then drive on home.

They are a zillion flights from Houston to S.A......just getting into Houston from Quebec City is my dilemma.

Do you think I just need to let the cruiseline book my Q.C. to S.A. for me?

Loving the ocean/ships sure is a PAIN! Especially living in West Texas!

A thousand thank you's for ALL your help!

Martita

It certainly can't hurt to price out what you can do for "open jaw" (flying to one city, and back from another) airfare on your own, and also see what the cruiseline is charging for it as well. Have them quote you both from SA as well as Houston. It may work out better for you to deal with SA to/from Houston on your own, and have the cruiseline do Houston-NYC-Quebec-Houston. It definitely is a pain to have to spend so much time getting to and from a ship like that LOL.

Martita B- Didn't know the exact date you were leaving for NY, but I picked Sept. 11. $579.00 RT, Continental.

Give me an exact date outbound, if this looks OK and I will check availability. Inbound leaves at 3:00PM, which will give you plenty of time to get off the ship and to the airport. Love those Seabourn cruises!!!

Outbound from San Antonio

San Antonio, TX to New York, NY: 1603 miles 8 hrs 17 min

Continental Airlines Continental Airlines Flight CO 7 on a Boeing 737 (jet) in coach class

Departs San Antonio, TX (SAT) Sun, Sept 11 8:40a 56 min

Arrives Houston, TX (IAH) 9:36a

Layover in Houston 3 hrs 54 min

Continental Airlines Continental Airlines Flight CO 532 on a Boeing 737 (jet) in coach class

(snack, movie)

Departs Houston, TX (IAH) Sun, Sept 11 1:30p 3 hrs 27 min

Arrives New York, NY (LGA) 5:57p

Inbound from Quebec

Quebec, Canada to San Antonio, TX: 2004 miles 8 hrs 55 min

Continental Airlines Continental Airlines Flight CO 2581 on an Embraer ERJ-135/145 (jet) in coach class

(operated by EXPRESSJET AIRLINES INC DBA CO EXPRESS)

Departs Quebec, Canada (YQB) Sun, Sept 25 3:05p 1 hr 45 min

Arrives Newark, NJ (EWR) 4:50p

Layover in Newark 3 hrs 5 min

Continental Airlines Continental Airlines Flight CO 460 on a Boeing 737 (jet) in coach class

Departs Newark, NJ (EWR) Sun, Sept 25 7:55p 4 hrs 5 min

Arrives San Antonio, TX (SAT) 11:00p

• 2 weeks later...

Sailor's~~~again, many thanks for ALL the help and the great suggestions! Today I booked Continental San Ant. to Newark (non-stop) and then Quebec to Newark, back to San Antonio. The best part I found a fantastic 1st class fare!!!

A 'lit more than coach!

Thanks again!

Happy Trails and Sails to all!

Martita

Sailor's~~~again, many thanks for ALL the help and the great suggestions! Today I booked Continental San Ant. to Newark (non-stop) and then Quebec to Newark, back to San Antonio. The best part I found a fantastic 1st class fare!!!

A 'lit more than coach!

Thanks again!

Happy Trails and Sails to all!

Martita

Glad you were able to book. You'll love 1st on Continental

Archived