Cabin for 3 Anyone Ahoy There!

juliepaule

Thank you all.

We are still getting conflicting results from Princess. Even they do not know.

So we are probably going for the Mini. Just waiting for a good price.

I know its more money but then, I think in the long run it will be worth.

Thank you for all you input and help. It certainly helped us in making this decision.

ta all

Julie

Thank you all.

We are still getting conflicting results from Princess. Even they do not know.

So we are probably going for the Mini. Just waiting for a good price.

I know its more money but then, I think in the long run it will be worth.

Thank you for all you input and help. It certainly helped us in making this decision.

ta all

Julie

Just don't wait too long, the minis seem to go pretty quickly as the cruise starts to sell. Best of Luck, and if you do end up with a mini, I know you will love it.

Oh gosh, now I'm getting paranoid about my cabin on CB for an October sailing -- it is also a "quad" balcony cabin. :eek: Can someone please tell me what the difference is on the Grand class ships? I have C535 - Caribe balcony. There are only 2 of us, but we were told by the Princess rep that this is a great room - bigger balcony and in the middle of the ship. Should I try and change mine?

Yours is fine. It is the Sun/Sea/Dawn Princess quad balcony cabins in which there is an issue. The Grand class are fine.

Julie: I'm so glad about this. I know it would make for a miserable vacation. When we went to the future cruise person on the Grand Princess (that was our next cruise with Princess) we asked about the Dawn/Sea/Ocean/Sun Princess and these rooms. The ships have some great itineraries, but wanted to know if all the ships were set up like this for their quad/triple balcony cabins. She wasn't sure either, and this was her job. So she did some looking and found that all four of those ships have these same rooms. Like I said, unless someone has stayed in one of those rooms they just don't know. Glad you are going to be in the mini suite on the Sun. It will be wonderful.

BuzzA: Don't give it another thought on the ship you have booked. These rooms are only on the sister ships of the Sun Princess (those I listed above). We always have a cabin for 3 and that was the only ship we had a problem with. We have sailed on the Grand, Star, Golden, Island, Diamond and the rooms are all fine. You will have a great time and no need to worry about the room you have booked.

Susan

Hi Susan

Just thought I let you know that the prices for the Mini Suites are just a wee bit too much for my sister to handle at this time. So it is going to be A732 for now.

Maybe later we may be able to ungrade to a Mini but not at this time. Then of course when the girls decide they are probably be all gone.

But hey, if we are not in the cabin at the same time, there will be plenty of room

We are planning to have a good time regardless. I do not use the cabin that much at sea or even in port. Party, eat, swim and enjoy.... every minute of it.

Thank for your help. There are several sites to view the cabin but your suggestion was the best.

Yvette Call Princess and I call Princes and we were both given different imformation about what is in that cabin. But I believe your site is the truth.

Talk to you soon.

Hi Julie:

I'm sure you will still have a good time. Too bad about not doing the suite, but I can understand the money issue also.

One thing about calling Princess and their customer service, it isn't that much service. They are just reading off a sheet and truly know not that much of what they say. You can call 6 times and get that many different answers. That is what makes this board so good. At least here you find people who have actually sailed on these ships, and in different rooms, and have a lot of answers. At least you know ahead of time what the room will be like, so it won't be the shock for you it was for us.

Have a good cruise. It didn't ruin our cruise by any means, but just didn't make the room pleasant at all. You definitely won't be spending any time in there, but the rest of the ship is nice.

Susan

• 1 month later...

Julie,

We recently booked a cruise on the Dawn for 3 people and were offered the same cabin as you, in spite of the fact that my daughter uses a wheelchair. What a nightmare that would have been:eek: When we decided we had to have a mini-suite I was appalled at the cost. But there is one important factor to consider if you have not made final plans or payment. Princess is using an exchange rate of $1.40 to convert to Canadian funds. When I found out I had them qoute in $US and then booked through a US travel agency. Saved over $600 cdn and got an onboard credit. Good Luck.

Sheila

Archived