Restaurants Open on a Sunday

CruiseWhere

We are looking for a 4 or 5* restaurant to enjoy dining at the night before our cruise. Doesn't seem like too many are open for a Sunday evening. We have done Trulucks :eek::mad:, Casa D'Angelo:D:). Any suggestions appreciated and yes we will have a car. Thank you!

We are looking for a 4 or 5* restaurant to enjoy dining at the night before our cruise. Doesn't seem like too many are open for a Sunday evening. We have done Trulucks :eek::mad:, Casa D'Angelo:D:). Any suggestions appreciated and yes we will have a car. Thank you!

We too love Casa D'Angleo... For something new you might try Market 17 - right near the Convention Center/17th Street Bridge. We've been there twice and had great meals each time.

If you like Casa D'Angelo, you will like the sister restaurant about 10 minutes away, D'Angelo. It is their Italian tapas, pizza, and wine bar restaurant. Excellent Napolitano style pizza.

Other faves of mine in the area:

1. Kitchenetta (typical Italian family run restaurant)

2. Serafina (truly authentic Italian restaurant run by Italians - on the waterfront)

3. Cafe Vico (also run by Italians; one or two blocks south from Casa D'Angelo).

Okay, so I like Italian! I am Italian and I am picky about which ones to go to, so these above are my top choices (Serafina being my favorite for atmosphere).

4. Cafe Seville, authentic Spanish food (not Cuban) in a very quaint family-run restaurant.

I find that the smaller mom-and-pop places are the most genuine and authentic. You can look each of these places up online.

These are some of my 4-5* favorites:

JohnnyV

Steak 954

Casa d'Angelo (but you've been there)

Kaluz just opened and it's the flavor of the month. There is a waterview and everything from salads to burgers to finer entrees (under $30). We were there Saturday and it was pretty good...great ambiance, but I prefer the food at J. Alexanders or Houstons.

These have their merits but aren't my faves: Grill 401, Via Luna, Sea Watch.

Chima Brazilian Steakhouse is very popular. There are always the upscale steakhouse/seafood chains like Chart House, Ruth Chris, Capital Grill, Morton's, Truluck.

• 1 month later...
If you like Casa D'Angelo, you will like the sister restaurant about 10 minutes away, D'Angelo. It is their Italian tapas, pizza, and wine bar restaurant. Excellent Napolitano style pizza.

Other faves of mine in the area:

1. Kitchenetta (typical Italian family run restaurant)

2. Serafina (truly authentic Italian restaurant run by Italians - on the waterfront)

3. Cafe Vico (also run by Italians; one or two blocks south from Casa D'Angelo).

Okay, so I like Italian! I am Italian and I am picky about which ones to go to, so these above are my top choices (Serafina being my favorite for atmosphere).

4. Cafe Seville, authentic Spanish food (not Cuban) in a very quaint family-run restaurant.

I find that the smaller mom-and-pop places are the most genuine and authentic. You can look each of these places up online.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you brunello22!!!!! We took your advice made a reservation and had the most incredible meal, service and view at Serafina Waterfront Trattoria!!! Will definitely be back there again next time we are in FLL. As my husband is also Italian, he as well is picky when it comes to being picky!!!

Again OUR thanks and appreciation:):)

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you brunello22!!!!! We took your advice made a reservation and had the most incredible meal, service and view at Serafina Waterfront Trattoria!!! Will definitely be back there again next time we are in FLL. As my husband is also Italian, he as well is picky when it comes to being picky!!!

Again OUR thanks and appreciation:):)

Va bene! You are very welcome and I am so glad you enjoyed your dining experience there!

Archived