Passenger cabin switch at check in?

FliLady

I booked two cabins thru a popular cruise booking company. In order to get us a 'loyalty' discount, she had to put the husbands in one cabin and the wives in the other (2 were newbies)she said they can easily change us back to couples at the pier when we go to check in....has anyone done this or switched people/cabins at check in?

I booked two cabins thru a popular cruise booking company. In order to get us a 'loyalty' discount, she had to put the husbands in one cabin and the wives in the other (2 were newbies)she said they can easily change us back to couples at the pier when we go to check in....has anyone done this or switched people/cabins at check in?

They MIGHT be willing to do it at check in. They MIGHT be willing to do it at the purser's desk otherwise.

If neither, then at worst purser's desk will give you extra keys and you can sleep where you want.

I've heard of a few times they wouldnt do it, but I'd say you have a 95% chance, ie, very good chance they will do it at the purser's desk.

I am a TA and do this all the time for my clients to take advantage of discounts on both cabins. I've done it for myself as well. Once onboard they go to the pursers desk and switch accounts and room cards.

Yes, we did this last March with my oldest DS and DIL. In order to book Past Guest, my DH and DS were booked into one cabin, and my DIL and myself into another. Once on board, we ALL visited Guest Services and had our cards re-configured so that DH & I were in once cabin and the others in the other cabin.

Worked great for us.

We have done this-DS-i-L and I were booked in one cabin and DH and DB-i-L were booked in another. It was super easy. We're doing it again with friends on our next cruise.

Once on board, everyone met at Guest Services. We told the person behind the counter what we wanted to do. She took our info, then swiped our S&S cards. Our accounts were not be affected at all. DH's card opened our door while his sister's card opened hers and her DH's. There was no need for extra cards just to open doors. It literally took two minutes.

there always is the chance one of the passengers trashes the room, drinks everything in the stateroom bar, makes phone calls, takes or loses the bathrobe etc...

the cruise line is not going to play referee so trust the people you are switching with. the person the room was assigned to is going to get the bill.

They MIGHT be willing to do it at check in. They MIGHT be willing to do it at the purser's desk otherwise.

If neither, then at worst purser's desk will give you extra keys and you can sleep where you want.

I've heard of a few times they wouldnt do it, but I'd say you have a 95% chance, ie, very good chance they will do it at the purser's desk.

There you are!!:D Where have you been? I even started a thread about Where's Firefly?

Archived