Regatta Panama X-mas - read if booked

Lrob

I have learned the Oceania will not offer Antigua as an optional tour during the Guatemala port stop on the Regatta Christmas cruise. There are 8 hours in this port and Antigua is very doable and is considered one of the highlights of this port. A ship's tour is important at this stop due to the distance and possible traffic on the road. So many other cruises by O have included this stop. What a shame. I am so disappointed as so many other O cruisers rave about this wonderful city and the benefit of doing this one stop on a ship's tour.

If any natives taking this cruise want to get restless with me over this (a Christmas cruise, none the less) maybe we can convince O to put this on list of tour options.

I also got confirmation from TA that Tikal won't be an option, but I get that because of the flights. O can do this one - they just need love and encouragement.

MR. DEL RIO - IF YOU ADD IT THEY WILL COME!

Any voices on this cruise want to join with me!

Are you sure it will not be offered??

We took a taxi tour from the port had lunch at one of the restaurants

Our guide took us around the sites in town & stopped to get a photo of the volcano

We were on the Regatta this past December. Antigua was not one of the pre-cruise excursions. However, when we boarded, it was listed as an additional excursion and we immediately booked it. It was a wonderful tour, definitely worth doing.

According to my travel agent (well known company with many O bookings) she spoke with O personally and it will not be on offer. If anyone has good info one way or the other confirmation is welcome.

I would love to do a private tour, but Antigua is 90 minutes to 2 hours away. From others on these boards it has been suggested that this is the one stop that a ship's tour is the safe bet due to sometimes strikes or protests that delay traffic, but more often delays caused by traffic itself and accidents on the road.

Also at a 3.5 to total 4 hour road trip, I would feel better with ship tour.

Hoping others want Antigua as well.

According to my travel agent (well known company with many O bookings) she spoke with O personally and it will not be on offer. If anyone has good info one way or the other confirmation is welcome.

I would love to do a private tour, but Antigua is 90 minutes to 2 hours away. From others on these boards it has been suggested that this is the one stop that a ship's tour is the safe bet due to sometimes strikes or protests that delay traffic, but more often delays caused by traffic itself and accidents on the road.

Also at a 3.5 to total 4 hour road trip, I would feel better with ship tour.

Hoping others want Antigua as well.

One might speculate that Oceania does not have a local tour company they are comfortable with, currently, or the one's they have used have time problems getting back, also.

We are also on this cruise and would like to visit Antigua, no interest in any of the tours currently offered. Agree that an O tour would be a great option in this port because of possible travel issues. We are a party of 4, our third O cruise, and we invited my parents to join us this time. We love the food, size, service and itineraries!

Great CA2 I have told O my thoughts. O says they need 9 hours to do this tour. I say they can do it in 8, but why make the stop for 8 when O has done this tour so many times before.

Maybe if you and your folks add your voices and we can get a few hundred others we can convince O to:

GO ANTIGUA

See you on the cruise.

We are also scheduled to go on this cruise and I spoke with Oceania earlier this week about Antigua shore excursions. I was informed that they will be operating an abbreviated version of the tour to Antigua. They mentioned they will be on sale by next week.

I recommend you call Oceania again next week to see if the excursion has been added. We will be doing the same.

Archived