Airport transfers in Vancouver and Alaska

CN1

Has anyone booked the transfers from RC from Vancouver airport to the ship? How about from Seward to the anchorage airport? I was told you can buy round trip tickets for $117 (taking a bus from Seward to anchorage) or $138 (taking a train). - these prices include the transfers from the vancouver airport to ship as well. The train is the historic Alaska railway. Has anyone used this service and if so, how did you like it?

I have no idea how RCL packages it transfers but a cab fare from the Vancouver airport (YVR) to most downtown hotels will run you $35 and if staying downtown then most hotels are about $10 to Canada Place. If you want to go cheap and your hotel is within walking distance of a Canada Line station you can take subway from YVR for $10 pp.

Has anyone booked the transfers from RC from Vancouver airport to the ship? How about from Seward to the anchorage airport? I was told you can buy round trip tickets for $117 (taking a bus from Seward to anchorage) or $138 (taking a train). - these prices include the transfers from the vancouver airport to ship as well. The train is the historic Alaska railway. Has anyone used this service and if so, how did you like it?

It depends on your flights? The Alaska RR, has superior scenery compared to the Seward Highway. Will get you to the airport before 12pm.

We have opted for our May RCI cruise (2nd time) to taxi from YVR to the port and again use the cruise offered train from Seward to ANC..We loved this train option at $101.00pp while not the cheapest we consider it an excursion.It's a 126 mile narrated trip that arrives right to the doors of the airport..Your flight (if departing cruise end) can be no earlier than 1:30pm. This ended up being one of the highlights of our cruise.

Canada line is 1 block away from Canada Place. If you have manageable luggage take sky train. It is very nice.

From the Canada Line platform in Waterfront Centre to Canada Place the walk is more like 3 blocks.

To Ashland.....is the train comfortable? We have a 2:50pm flight, so I assume we will have time. Others who are cruising with us are taking the Seward bus company bus back to the airport. I was hoping to find something a bit more comfortable than a motor coach.

To Ashland.....is the train comfortable? We have a 2:50pm flight, so I assume we will have time. Others who are cruising with us are taking the Seward bus company bus back to the airport. I was hoping to find something a bit more comfortable than a motor coach.

The seats are fine in my opinion. :) A lot of room to move around, which is an enhancement over a bus.

Just for information, seats are assigned, the first part of the trip has the scenery on the right side- from Seward. it then moves to the left. With the Alaska RR regular service- I head to the dome during my "off" side, or out in the vestibules.

We found them to be very comfortable...Your flight time is perfect for this option (must have departing flight no earlier than 1:30pm). I think your friends will be very sorry they opted for the bus, as the 126 mile narrated train trip is wonderful. We sat on the right side facing front..The seats aren't pre-assigned you just line up the morning of disembarkation next to the ship (all info will be given to you onboard and you're given a seat pass as you line up so first come first serve)..The seats are a group of 4 with a table in the middle. Just google Grandview Railroad for pictures.

Archived