Dubrovnik City Wall

My girlfriend and I will be there on May 6th from 9am to 6pm with Carnival. We have been looking at the excursions offered by Carnival, but nothing sounds as good to us as just walking around on the wall and exploring the old city. I read that you said it takes 2 hours to walk the wall. What else do you suggest that we should look into doing? Mostly we are interested in old buildings, amazing views and just about anything unique to that part of the world. Food, shopping and beaches are not a priority for us.

Thank you for the link to the maps. I printed them out and really appreciate having them!!!

Eddie

The wall can take up to 2 hours if you do the entire circuit with stops for photos. Since the town was rebuilt after 1667 earthquake, we have many old buildings. Another website which may help you.

http://www.dumus.hr/en/dubrovnik-museums/

The more I read, the more I want to do while we are there!!!! From the old city, how far away and how would we go about getting to the cable car? Is there a public beach close to the old city that I could go swimming? Looking at some of the pictures, I've decided that I want to experience the water!!!! Everything looks so amazing there.

Thank you,

Eddie

The more I read, the more I want to do while we are there!!!! From the old city, how far away and how would we go about getting to the cable car? Is there a public beach close to the old city that I could go swimming? Looking at some of the pictures, I've decided that I want to experience the water!!!! Everything looks so amazing there.

Thank you,

Eddie

It is not difficult to find the cable car, I have posted directions on a few threads. You will see it easily from the Pile entrance into town. Banje beach is just outside of the Ploce gate, again easy to find. Water here is very clean and clear, but do understand we have no sandy beaches just pebbles. The sea has not warmed up yet, today the temp is only 13C. Enjoy!

Thank you,

Eddie

Come on over to our role call. We have a great group going.

Hi, I like to take a small souvenier back from each place I go. What would represent Dubrovnik the most when we go shopping? Really looking forward to visiting your city.

Our Konavle embroidered pieces are lovely or perhaps a small painting of the old town. If you shop, get off the main promenade, look for shops on the side streets. Much better choices and prices. Shops on the Stradun are mostly made in China junk!

• 1 month later...
I think I see that we can now buy tickets to the city wall online. I'm hoping this avoids some lines at the main gate. The website for it was a new one to me - has anyone tried this yet?

https://www.ulaznice.com.hr/paganini/app/web/ctl_web.jsp?lang=HRV&act=events_dz&id=159&org_adr=1

Have never seen this website before today. Have no idea if it is legitimate or not, let me research before you put your credit card out there.

I think I see that we can now buy tickets to the city wall online. I'm hoping this avoids some lines at the main gate. The website for it was a new one to me - has anyone tried this yet?

https://www.ulaznice.com.hr/paganini/app/web/ctl_web.jsp?lang=HRV&act=events_dz&id=159&org_adr=1

We were in Dubrovnik ten days ago, and enjoyed walking the historic walls. There were at least three tickets sales stations in the main gate ticket office, and there was virtually no line to purchase tickets. There were two cruise ships in port, but still were no lines.

We were in Dubrovnik ten days ago, and enjoyed walking the historic walls. There were at least three tickets sales stations in the main gate ticket office, and there was virtually no line to purchase tickets. There were two cruise ships in port, but still were no lines.

There are lines in August and they move quickly. I would hesitate to be putting my credit card out on a site which may or may not be legitimate.

Where is a good place to buy art other than galleries? Is there someplace that street artists display their works in either dubrovnik or cavtat? Thanks.

The art which you find on the street is not usually any of our local artists, but summer workers who have come into town for the tourist trade. Many if not most of those photos are paint by numbers shipped from China. If you want to buy local art work then by all means use a reputable gallery.

Archived