Parking in Ft Lauderdale

Lightngsvt

Wife and I are driving down to Ft Lauderdale for our cruise (not sure if we're driving or flying home yet). If we have to park and leave a vehicle for the week is there public parking? Or would we have to go to the airport (Miami?) and get a shuttle over?

There is parking available at the port in Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades). Not sure of the exact cost but I'm sure its on their web site.

Also, you may want to consider changing your user name. Do you want everyone on Cruise Critic having your email address?

Just made a reservation yesterday with our favorite parking garage. It is now Air & Sea Parking and their phone number is 954-530-1467. They have a parking garage and open parking which is a fenced area. They have a free shuttle to and from the port and are very close to the port. We have used them many times and have always been happy with them. For our 6 then 8 day B2B last November (15 days) we paid $127.68 for the parking and all the taxes. Weekly rate is $54, dailey rate is $8.

Look at the website http://www.parksleepfly.com. We booked there for our Alaska cruise. You arrive the day before your cruise, have a choice of available hotels to choose from and the parking is free, with a free 24/7 shuttle service to airport and a fee shuttle to port. I read many people just take a cab. Hotels provide free parking, some up to 30 days. We chose the Fairfield Inn with 30 days free parking because we will be gone 3 weeks.

Barbara

If you go to the parkngo website and make advanced reservation it is even less expensive. Very convenient!

That's what we did. It was great to know we saved money, and it was all taken care of ahead of time.

We didn't have to wait too long for the shuttle to pick us up after the cruise. Also, we happened to have a dead battery when we got back (don't leave your GPS plugged in for 11 days), and they quickly came and gave us a jump.

Wife and I are driving down to Ft Lauderdale for our cruise (not sure if we're driving or flying home yet). If we have to park and leave a vehicle for the week is there public parking?

Is this a rental car? Hopefully since you don't know if you're flying home unless you just have a car to get rid of...? If its a rental - why pay the rental costs for the week as well as the parking... Unless its significantly cheaper than the 1 way drop charges...?

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

Is this a rental car? Hopefully since you don't know if you're flying home unless you just have a car to get rid of...? If its a rental - why pay the rental costs for the week as well as the parking... Unless its significantly cheaper than the 1 way drop charges...?

:D Yah we just leave cars, they're cheap right? :D That was my attempt at humor, sorry no offense intended! If we are driving both ways we'll take one of our cars. If we fly home Ill rent a car one way and turn it in Sunday before we depart our cruise (and wont need the parking).

Archived