Aft balcony and hump cabins?

robinlynn

We booked 1243, a CC cabin with a huge balcony on the slant of the hump, first one. We like to closeness to the elevators.

Aft cabins have a long walk to the elevator,(not necessarily bad) but I've heard they can get soot from the engines. I wouldn't want to sit out there on sooty furniture.

• 2 weeks later...
When looking for the best "hump" cabins you need to get the ones on the slant, not on the actual hump. It's the first and third from the hump going front or back that have the biggest balconies. They are in various room classes including AQ, Concierge, and various levels of veranda. 2nd & 4th are better than a standard balcony but not as good as 1st & 3rd.

When you say 1st or 3rd it's difficult to figure out which these are when the cabins are in a group of 4. Any chance you could list the preferred cabin #s? We're about to book on the Eclipse and see quite a few hump on the slant cabins available, but don't know which are the preferred cabins. Do you know how these compare to the C2s at the very back that are over sized because they are the last cabin that abuts an aft suite?

Thanks!

The slant cabins being talked about here are the ones midships. The 1st cabin is the one most forward of the 4 cabins. The 4th cabin is the one that is most aft of the 4 cabins. Can't help you with the C2 question but I would think the hump cabin balconies are probably larger.

When you say 1st or 3rd it's difficult to figure out which these are when the cabins are in a group of 4. Any chance you could list the preferred cabin #s? We're about to book on the Eclipse and see quite a few hump on the slant cabins available, but don't know which are the preferred cabins. Do you know how these compare to the C2s at the very back that are over sized because they are the last cabin that abuts an aft suite?

Thanks!

Honestly anything on the hump is going to be fine. Sure some are deeper, but even the regular ones are fine to sit out and enjoy a meal on the table. The depth was fine we we didn't really "use" but the front part of it. Just have a wonderful time.

As a side note, we love the aft cabins on the S class. Love that they are a long walk from the stairs/elevators and very private and quiet back there.

The slant cabins being talked about here are the ones midships. The 1st cabin is the one most forward of the 4 cabins. The 4th cabin is the one that is most aft of the 4 cabins. Can't help you with the C2 question but I would think the hump cabin balconies are probably larger.

Thank you!

When looking for the best "hump" cabins you need to get the ones on the slant, not on the actual hump. It's the first and third from the hump going front or back that have the biggest balconies. They are in various room classes including AQ, Concierge, and various levels of veranda. 2nd & 4th are better than a standard balcony but not as good as 1st & 3rd.

"Best" is a matter of opinion. I find the angled cabins to be darker than the ones on the flat of the hump. I also don't like that your view either forward or aft is restricted by the angle. And the view downwards is not as good either since they overlook the lifeboats, especially on the lower floors. I much prefer hump cabins on the flat of the hump that have no restrictions on views. Being able to see all the way forward and all the way aft, plus all the way down to the water, is more important than a few extra feet of balcony space.

So, to me the hump cabins on the flat are the "best".

No mater which of the hump cabins you end up with, they are all in prime locations convenient to the main bank of elevators. We always go for this location.