Aft balcony and hump cabins?

robinlynn

We had a hump on Eclipse, not AQ though, 9215. Had a very large balcony & super views. I've attached a thumbnail picture to give you an idea of the position.

We have also booked a hump for Alaska 2014 on Solstice but a deck lower, I felt a vibration on deck 9 so thought we'd try a lower deck.

Enjoy Eclipse, she was lovely! :)

Just came across your post and we have booked 9215 for Eclipse June 8 sailing in N. Europe. Hard to tell from your photo how the view is from the balcony and from inside the room when looking toward the balcony. Also, hard to tell if the balcony is any larger than the other balcony rooms, as that is what Celeb. told us. Also, what about the vibration? Was it constant or one time for a few minutes, as we can change rooms now if we want to? Pls. reply to sdlinda@san.rr.com. We also saw from the deck plan that it's across from the "card room," and don't know how that is...much traffic around there? What hours is the card room open? Does it need to be reserved or can anyone go in there? If you have any other photos of the room or view, pls. send to me. Many thanks, Linda

Booked C-1 #1222 on Reflection. Leave in 9 days. From pictures I've seen this cabin has a larger balcony. Now, is the soot issue a big problem :confused:? I've been hearing yes and no depending on the wind. My first cruise with Celebrity and 2nd ever for my lady. I hope I made the right choice.

IMHO,

Your 44 trips, on 27 Ships, on 12 lines will become the second choice if a Celebrity Ship is available. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Having recently experienced the S Class Aft cabins on our recent Silhouette itinerary (we snagged the aft cabin with the largest balcony only just over a week from cruise date) we are eternally thankful for folks like you and the one poster above who believes that it is too far to walk to the elevators.

So long as DW and I have the option to pick the best Aft cabin room only a few days from the cruise, let me help you in spreading the word that the Aft cabins on S Class ships are to be totally avoided!! Especially on the cruise that we are booked!!! :D

Lucky you!!! May I ask which cabin number you had? We're looking at a possible Silhouette cruise......

It appears that all of the AQ forward facing hump cabins are all under the pool deck:mad: Are the views almost as good on the back facing humps?

Robin

We have stayed in AQ front of the hump cabins (1610 to be exact) on Solstice and Equinox and heard minimal noise from above. I would not hesitate to book one again.

Edited by prim8keeper

Having recently experienced the S Class Aft cabins on our recent Silhouette itinerary (we snagged the aft cabin with the largest balcony only just over a week from cruise date) we are eternally thankful for folks like you and the one poster above who believes that it is too far to walk to the elevators.

So long as DW and I have the option to pick the best Aft cabin room only a few days from the cruise, let me help you in spreading the word that the Aft cabins on S Class ships are to be totally avoided!! Especially on the cruise that we are booked!!! :D

Totally agree. We always book the aft. Soooooooo much nicer. The hump cabins only get a view from one side whereas the aft has a full range view.w

Hello prim8keeper...Thanks for your help, however, I thought that on the Reflection, they changed their cabin classifications around back in early January where cabins such as 1618, and 1620, along with others, are now AQ class cabins, that appear to be on or next to the hump.

I know we are booked in 1618, and were told anyway by Celebrity when we booked, that 1618 was considered a hump cabin.

Any help or thoughts?

Thanks

Dave

Hello prim8keeper...Thanks for your help, however, I thought that on the Reflection, they changed their cabin classifications around back in early January where cabins such as 1618, and 1620, along with others, are now AQ class cabins, that appear to be on or next to the hump.

I know we are booked in 1618, and were told anyway by Celebrity when we booked, that 1618 was considered a hump cabin.

Any help or thoughts?

Thanks

Dave

The numbers on reflection are different than the other S class ships. The hump cabins are 1620 (would be the same as 1610), 1618, 1616, and 1624. 1618 is the second balcony in so yes it is on the hump. You also really shouldn't have to worry about noise either since Reflection has an extra deck thus resulting in you being under cabins. Enjoy your cruise! :)

Thank-you for the help and information. On an earlier thread, WINE-O said that cabin 1618 was very nice and we should enjoy it. Plus, it had the bed near the balcony versus closer to the bathroom.

I trust our balcony is a decent size as I'm one of those that just likes to sit on the balcony and/or promenade deck where it is quiet and I can basically feel like my brain isn't even functioning, even though my wife pretty much says that on a regular basis.

Thanks again.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...
When looking for the best "hump" cabins you need to get the ones on the slant, not on the actual hump. It's the first and third from the hump going front or back that have the biggest balconies. They are in various room classes including AQ, Concierge, and various levels of veranda. 2nd & 4th are better than a standard balcony but not as good as 1st & 3rd.

so, for example, in the pink example that primskeeper put up, the bigger balconies would be 9270 and 9266 plus 9215 and 9209?

I just put a courtesy hold on Solstice AQ cabins 1608 and 1606 for Alaska in 2014. Good choice?

We were in 1606 on Solstice. If you are looking to open up the partition between the two balconies, there's a support beam that comes down so the partition between the two is not a walk thru. You have to step over the beam to go between the two balconies.

Both cabins have huge balconies, with 1606 having the largest. If you can get 1610 and 1608, that would be a little better, but if not, you've made a good choice with 1606/1608.

We were in 1606 on Solstice. If you are looking to open up the partition between the two balconies, there's a support beam that comes down so the partition between the two is not a walk thru. You have to step over the beam to go between the two balconies.

Both cabins have huge balconies, with 1606 having the largest. If you can get 1610 and 1608, that would be a little better, but if not, you've made a good choice with 1606/1608.

Thanks for your help! I tried to get 1610, but it was already gone.:rolleyes: Looking at the itinerary I wanted to be on the starboard side of the ship, so I went with 1608/1606. Would I be better off with 1606/1604?

Thanks for your help! I tried to get 1610, but it was already gone.:rolleyes: Looking at the itinerary I wanted to be on the starboard side of the ship, so I went with 1608/1606. Would I be better off with 1606/1604?

Yes, I would go for 1606/1604 vs. 1608, especially if you want to open the partition and walk between the two balconies without having to climb over the support angle. Go for that. 1604 and 1608 are the exact same sized balconies.

Edited by Wine-O

Yes, I would go for 1606/1604 vs. 1608, especially if you want to open the partition and walk between the two balconies without having to climb over the support angle. Go for that. 1604 and 1608 are the exact same sized balconies.

Thanks again! I need to call this morning because right now the cabins are just on a courtesy hold. I'll look into 1604!:)

Thanks again for pointing me in the direction of 1606/1604 instead of 1608/1606. Since my mom will be in the cabin next to us and may be travelling alone, I thought it would be important to have easy access between the balconies.

so, for example, in the pink example that primskeeper put up, the bigger balconies would be 9270 and 9266 plus 9215 and 9209?

Yes, that's correct.

• 1 year later...

We just returned fron 5/23/2014 12 night to the Med...I had heare how great the himp cabins are. The noise from the centrum kept us awake at night, even after the fire doors were closed when we called Guest Services nightly. We had an awesome view in 8086..better than in 8088, due to the cuurve of the ship.

Location was convienent. We will never book a hump cabin again as we wish to go to sleep before 12:30 or 1:00 AM.

I think the way the hallways and elevators are set up on the RC ships is different than on the X ships. I compared the deck plans of the Serenade of of Solstice. They look similar, but I've been on several solstice ships and they have walls with doorways that act as sound barriers between where the rooms are and public areas. There are places where you can look straight down to the 3rd deck, but this isn't as open as on the RC ships.

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked a aft sky suite # 8347 on silhouette. Has anyone stayed in this suite before? I was wondering if it is completely open to the sun or if it has an overhang. Any info. about this room would be greatly appreciated. First time on celebrity and first time in an aft suite.