Soot on aft balcony

On several occasions, I've had an aft balcony. Sometimes, there hasn't been much soot. Other times, there is a lot of thick black smoke coming from the funnel, and the soot piles up. Evidently those were the times they failed to elect a new pope?

On several occasions, I've had an aft balcony. Sometimes, there hasn't been much soot. Other times, there is a lot of thick black smoke coming from the funnel, and the soot piles up. Evidently those were the times they failed to elect a new pope?

They have to burn the old one before electing a new one. I learned that in catechism when I wasn't facing the corner.

Anyone ever get soot on Deck 10 Freedom or Voyager class aft balcony? Seems like the WJ overhang would prevent this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes, We have had soot issues on Deck 10 of both Explorer and Mariner. We had corner afts 1388 and there was some soot. Nothing terrible, but we did have to ask the stateroom attendant to wipe down the chairs and railing.

That being said, it would never stop me from going aft!!!

I think that happens when they fail to elect a new captain of the ship. You won't have to worry about the white smoke once a new captain is chosen. It doesn't make much of a mess on your aft balcony.

Well, you could always use your stolen pool towels to wipe up the soot, right? ;)

Well 3 weeks ago (Oh my gosh has it been that long already... sigh) We had an aft balcony on the Freedom on deck 9. Noticed very little soot throughou the week. the only time they was a little bit and we used a pool towel to wipe the table, (guilty :( ) was the second last sea day when there was a very strong head wind and I think that may have contributed to some of the soot. All in all, no significant issues whats so every.

Keep in mind, this was also pre Pope election time so I am not sure if this had anything to do with it. ;)

We were on deck 8 NOS aft RFS and there was soot every day. We just used the nice white towels and wiped the furniture and then complained to RCCL Goldstein. The cabin steward cleaned but the soot kept coming. Did not hear of soot on deck 9 or 10.

We're sailing Freedom in July also an aft balcony on deck nine. 9406. Just wondering if we might have the same cabin and your thoughts on it.
We had 9706, so just the other side of the 2 family suites 9408 & 9708. I think the cabin was fine, a standard E1 just with a large balcony. The shame was that the staff on Liberty would not allow any loungers (unless a full suite) on the balconies which negated the point of the huge space available.

The views were great

5739697992_5ece220e8d_z.jpg

5738920391_4ed246ee96_z.jpg

5738900323_f94ef69dd1_z.jpg

5738919841_7d60e9409d_z.jpg

5738899629_4eaf8b1e33_z.jpg

When on Voyager, saw plenty of evidence that soot was a plenty due to staining but never had it happen while we were on.

On Brilliance, had none and those aft balconies are wonderful. Voyager had way too much structure and really did not enjoy the view. The view of the surrounding cabins were better then the ocean!! :( Aft balconies on Radiance class have me sold but not Voyager!!

I'm taking the last three replies as evidence that some people read the subject and reply without reading the first post.:D

I was not responding to the first post...I was responding to the post by Heymarco and I quoted his question in my response.

What is your problem anyway? I am growing quite tired of having people like you bully others who come here to ask and answer questions and to enjoy discussing cruising.

You are the third person this week to make a snarky remark about one of my posts...just not necessary.

Please don't take any of my posts as evidence of anything other than my geniune enjoyment of talking about RCCL with others who want to do the same AND THEN I won't take your posting as evidence that you post negatively about other people's posts without reading them carefully.

BTW..I read the first post. I did not comment on it because I found it and the other posts about the election of The Catholic Church's new Pope as mildly offensive.

I was not responding to the first post...I was responding to the post by Heymarco and I quoted his question in my response.

What is your problem anyway? I am growing quite tired of having people like you bully others who come here to ask and answer questions and to enjoy discussing cruising.

You are the third person this week to make a snarky remark about one of my posts...just not necessary.

Please don't take any of my posts as evidence of anything other than my geniune enjoyment of talking about RCCL with others who want to do the same AND THEN I won't take your posting as evidence that you post negatively about other people's posts without reading them carefully.

BTW..I read the first post. I did not comment on it because I found it and the other posts about the election of The Catholic Church's new Pope as mildly offensive.

I agree with you! Feels like Catholic bashing and I am offended!

Diane

LOL! Never thought about the pope angle. We've experienced both, and are now in the habit of taking a dark colored washcloth from home (so it doesn't get tossed in with ship towels) and wiping down if needed.

Archived