Which drink gives the most bang for the buck?

hd78xl

Care of the last barman poet.

I see America drinking the fabulous cocktails I make.

Americans getting stinky on something I stir or shake.

The sex on the beach, the schnapps made from peach,

The Velvet Hammer,

the Al-La-Bam-A Slam-a!

I make things with juice and froth: the Pink Squirrel, the 3-Toed Sloth.

I make drinks so sweet and snazzy:

The Iced Tea, The Kamikaze, The Orgasm, The Death Spasm,

The Singapore Sling, The Dingaling.

America you've just been devoted to every flavor I got.

But if you want to got loaded,

why don't you just order a shot?

I love the Funship Special on the first day. For some reason, they seem pretty strong. I always thought they do that on purpose so to make you think that they will all be strong like that. After 2 or3, I definitely feel the effects!

I'm going to try this one on my Princess cruise. It sounds potent and refreshing.

Beverly Hills Iced Tea

1/2 ounce vodka

1/2 ounce light rum

1/2 ounce gin

1/2 ounce tequila

1/2 ounce triple sec

1 ounce fresh lemon juice

1/2 ounce simple syrup (2 parts sugar, 1 part water)

1 ounce sparkling white wine

1 lemon wedge

That does sound good, let me know how it is. I always order a Long Beach Iced Tea which just substitutes the soda with cranberry juice. I tell myself it's good for the kidneys!:p

The Carnival Cosmo.

In my cabin it is known as 'Liquid panty remover'.

Those suckers are strong, they are my favorite drink on board. My husband teases me and says one is not enough and three is too many.

Anyone know the recipe for the Carnival Cosmo? I've search and even asked John Heald and he gave me the recipe for a regular cosmo. The Carnival Cosmo has Limoncello in it.

Aside from a long island, which Carnival drink packs the most punch? I have never ordered any drink of the days on my cruises. Are they worth it? I have a limited bar budget :mad: and want to make the most of it!

These are my favorites from Breeze...

M.F.

vodka

rum

tequila

gin

Blue Curacao liqueur

Splash of Sprite

Sex With An Alligator.

Same as above except substitute the Blue Curacao with Chambord and Midori

Aside from a long island, which Carnival drink packs the most punch? I have never ordered any drink of the days on my cruises. Are they worth it? I have a limited bar budget :mad: and want to make the most of it!

I would suggest finding what you like to drink and order a bottle or two from here.Much cheaper than buying drinks from the bar.Undder $150 you can buy 2 bottles and that should be plenty for the week or buy THREE :) $8 drinks a day and pay $168

http://www.carnival.com/FunShops/beverages/liquor

I would suggest absolut citron ,it goes well with both ice tea and lemonade,both available at the buffet for free (or on the rocks is how I like it)

You can carry on a 12 pack of mixers too I love appleton dark rum and ginger ale

Pick a friendly bar and stick with it. Order your favorite drink, preferably from the same bartender each time. Tip the bartender, doesn't have to be much but be consistent. You will do just fine.

If you order simple mixed drinks with bar brand liquor you'll be able to stretch the budget a little more. (Bartenders have a little more leeway with bar brands.)

If you really want the DOD make sure you get it in a normal glass, not one of the collector ones that cost extra.

Watch out with sugary sweet drinks like these. One night after three of these on the Pride, my poor husband was throwing up his toenails. :( I matched him with 3 appletinis and felt fine.

Lol thanks for the warning!;)

YUM!!!! I have never had a "Sex with an Alligator" but it sounds sooooo Yummy!!!!

Have you ever had a bartender look at you like you like you were speaking jibberish when ordering it? Or is it a common drink that every bartender should know?

We were on Breeze in January with the Cheers package and asked the bartender at the Breeze Bar (lobby bar) to make us the strongest drinks he knew. I was able to order a MF at a few other bars on the ship and they knew what it was...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Try to order from the same tender , tip him and he or she will be genorous with you

Happy sailing

This is how it's done. Absolutely 100% correct. Call them by name, visit them often and be friendly. They WILL hook you up.

This is how it's done. Absolutely 100% correct. Call them by name, visit them often and be friendly. They WILL hook you up.

If cruisers keep advertising this little tip, Carnival will find away to police this practice. It will go down the same path as many many other bonuses that have gone bye bye.

Order a double-tall.

It is a larger drink, with 2 shots oppsed to one and the drink costs 50% more than a single drink...so you are getting 2 shots at the cost of 1.5... and tip extra :)

Order a double-tall.

It is a larger drink, with 2 shots oppsed to one and the drink costs 50% more than a single drink...so you are getting 2 shots at the cost of 1.5... and tip extra :)

I have been a bartender a long time and a double is twice the price of a single.You may be thinking a "long pour" like a vodka on the rocks :)

If cruisers keep advertising this little tip, Carnival will find away to police this practice. It will go down the same path as many many other bonuses that have gone bye bye.

Thats not a bonus ,its the bar business all over the world

I have been a bartender a long time and a double is twice the price of a single.You may be thinking a "long pour" like a vodka on the rocks :)

I can't remember what the cost is on CCL, but on NCL a double-tall cost 50% more than a reg drink.

I can't wait to try the Adios. I enjoy getting to know the bartenders and a little extra tipping goes a long way...

Can they make a decent Old Fashion on most Carnival ships?

Sitting on a boat Donald Drapper style. That sounds ideal. Thanks everyone one for all your suggestions. I now have a comprehensive list to take with me.:o

I would suggest finding what you like to drink and order a bottle or two from here.Much cheaper than buying drinks from the bar.Undder $150 you can buy 2 bottles and that should be plenty for the week or buy THREE :) $8 drinks a day and pay $168

http://www.carnival.com/FunShops/beverages/liquor

I would suggest absolut citron ,it goes well with both ice tea and lemonade,both available at the buffet for free (or on the rocks is how I like it)

You can carry on a 12 pack of mixers too I love appleton dark rum and ginger ale

Hello, I will be on the Valor in May on my first cruise and I have a question regarding doing this and I apologize in advance if its not proper forum etiquette to post my question here but i usually drink citron and water in a tall glass with a lemonade crystal lt packet mixed in, so the obvious smart choice -so it would seem- is to buy a bottle or two from bon voyage and bring a couple boxes of crystal light versus paying $6 for each drink.

However I'm slightly confused...am I able to take my drinks out of my room? If so, I have no problem using plastic water bottles for my drinks. That being said, will I be able to bring several with me at time or will I need to go back to my room every time I need a new one drink?

Also, is water readily available? Like could I take my empty water bottle and put a shot or two and a crystal light packet and have a bartender fill it with water?

Thanks for your help!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hello, I will be on the Valor in May on my first cruise and I have a question regarding doing this and I apologize in advance if its not proper forum etiquette to post my question here but i usually drink citron and water in a tall glass with a lemonade crystal lt packet mixed in, so the obvious smart choice -so it would seem- is to buy a bottle or two from bon voyage and bring a couple boxes of crystal light versus paying $6 for each drink.

However I'm slightly confused...am I able to take my drinks out of my room? If so, I have no problem using plastic water bottles for my drinks. That being said, will I be able to bring several with me at time or will I need to go back to my room every time I need a new one drink?

Also, is water readily available? Like could I take my empty water bottle and put a shot or two and a crystal light packet and have a bartender fill it with water?

Thanks for your help!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yes, you can take your pre-made drinks out of your room and anywhere on the ship.

We take insulated mugs on board with us for that reason. I also take a small plastic container thing with a lid & pre-mix the crystal light in that. You can go back to the room to make more (and use your own bathroom:D), or carry around pre-mixed in water bottles as you mention.They do frown on people carrying around a bottle of liquor though.

P.S. Have you tried the new Ocean Spray to-go packets? Cran-Pomegranate, Cran, Cran/Lemonade? They are pretty good...Citron, Cran & splash of lemonade. And not loaded with sugar & calories.

Archived