Price drops people!

ffmack

Ok, I booked Early Saver on Feb 7th. The price right now, on Carnival, is exactly the same. So I am not sure where the big sale is? If you have not checked prices for months, then you would have no idea, that its not really a sale? :confused:

Yes, so true!!! That is my teenager's job until we cruise. The closer she watches, the more OBC she gets? Win Win for me!! We had $380.00 last year. I have heard the rates can change up to 4 times a day!!!!

I just booked Monday and today my Valor cruise dropped $40 :). Pays to check everyday- sometimes twice a day!

Just watch the carnival site? Try to book a room just like the one you have, see if the price has changed? fill out the form, state it was on the carnival site. doesn't need a name

Wondered if I could get a little more information about how to watch for the orice drops and fill out the forms. I have been on 2 other cruises but this is the first time I was eligible for credit on fare reduction. Of course they didn't tell me much at Carnival. I just booked during this sale so I know it won't be cheaper now. Where do i found out what the name of my promotion to fill out on the form. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

G

We just made the final payment more than a week ago. Are we still eligible for OBC?

Thanks!

Once your past final payment you're only eligible if you booked under the "Early Saver" rate. If you are booked Early Saver then yes you are eligible up u til 2 days before sailing.

Ok, I booked Early Saver on Feb 7th. The price right now, on Carnival, is exactly the same. So I am not sure where the big sale is? If you have not checked prices for months, then you would have no idea, that its not really a sale? :confused:

It depends there are probably people out there that might have gotten even cheaper than you and are thinking the same thing but then there are others out there who paid more and are now getting some OBC. It just all depends on when you jump in the price drop game. Some cruises we make out big time and others it stays the same or goes up. Never in a million years did I think I'd be seeing a price drop at the rate I paid but I did just see one.

Sorry, first timer here, pretty sure I know the answer, but hey, I like money, so I will ask...

I booked Early Saver for an October cruise. The Past Guest rate is currently cheaper due to this promotion, but the ES is still the same. I (think) I might have read on here that ES guarantees any price drop, but does that include past guest, if well, you're not a past guest?

Thanks for the help guys!!

The way I understand it is this: If you booked early saver, and there is a lower price for your cabin category that you qualify for, you can get that price. You can't qualify for prices that are guarantees. Or if a higher category is now selling for less than you paid, you can submit that, and sometimes even upgrade.

If I'm wrong (and I frequently am), someone will correct me. :)

The way it was explained to me is that if you booked Early Saver, you get the price drops on sales and promo price drops, but not on super saver fares, or easy saver fares. (To keep it in perspective, if the fare doesnt come with the option of letting you choose your cabin,...you cant get that price drop.)

I was able to get $160 On Board credit on one of my friends cabins. She was ecstatic. Hoping we all get some onboard credits before May!!!;)

the promotion has been extended to Saturday!!!

Keep checking - one of my booked cruises had the promotion yesterday - I got a $50 price drop.

Just checked again and the promotions is no longer listed on that cruise BUT it is now listed on my other cruise - I just summitted for a $70 price drop!!

Sorry, first timer here, pretty sure I know the answer, but hey, I like money, so I will ask...

I booked Early Saver for an October cruise. The Past Guest rate is currently cheaper due to this promotion, but the ES is still the same. I (think) I might have read on here that ES guarantees any price drop, but does that include past guest, if well, you're not a past guest?

You can price match to the past guest rate only if you are a past guest.

Keep watching though - also remember you can price match to military, senior, and resident rates as well IF you qualify - you are military, over the age of 55, or live in a state that is offering the resident rate.

Just to answer my own question and maybe help someone along the way, I called the 800 # and no, I did not qualify for the past guest, as I assumed and other stated, but she checked my booking and found me a price drop for $25 pp on a "Spring into Savings Sale" not past guest, that doesn't even show as an option when I do a mock booking...makes me happy and worth a call for anyone who is not sure if they qualify for something...

I was told because I booked ES(two cabins) I could not upgrade once I paid in full (unless I paid 200 more) and the cruise didn't go up that high. i think I am getting the run around. I will never book with an online agency again. I will go straight to carnival next time.

Has anyone received any price drops for Jan. 2014?

I booked in Feb. for next year using PG rate. At that time ES was $80 less...(not sure I want the "risk" of ES).i was told that I could switch to ES if I did it by the first of Aug. The price went up $40 a few wks ago.

Archived