Price drops people!

ffmack

Questions. When I went online this morning to check prices it did not appear that it went down but in the "Your rate" section, I chose the Past Guest-Spring Saver. Again the price is the same but under the upgrades tab it is check marked and it says underneath a 2 category upgrade. I don't remember it saying that before. Does that mean anything? I have booked an unobstructed Ocean View, Midship on Main deck. Or is that already included in my price?

Also when I booked it we did it under past guest/spring saver. Then the girl said it we were eligible for early savers as well. So can I look under both? So confused!

I feel stupid asking all of these questions! It all seems tricky. LOL! Help a lost casue.

G:)

I am booked under past guest but my cruise is now about $400 less than what I booked. It is a July cruise. Do I still get the price drop even though I'm not ES since it isn't final payment?

I am booked under past guest but my cruise is now about $400 less than what I booked. It is a July cruise. Do I still get the price drop even though I'm not ES since it isn't final payment?

I think ES is the only option with "Price Protection".

Yes. If you are not in final payment you can get the reduction. I did two days ago for $120. Past Guest rates can get drops before final payment.

Over the past two weeks, I submitted three Price Protection Claim Forms on two separate cruises not yet at final payment. I never received a response of any kind from Carnival, but the price drop was reflected in "Manage My Cruise". They gave me the price drops but never told me. The most recent one I submitted was on Monday and it was in Manage My Cruise today. So go and check online--you might be pleasantly surprised.

The same thing has happened to me the last couple of price drops I've got. I had to check my documents and the credit is there, but never did i receive an email or was it listed in my cruise manager.

Why do all of these sales end in Dec 2013?!? I'm cruising in Feb 2014, and none have applied to my sailing, even though it's less than a year away. Do I have to wait until Jan 2014 to get any sales??

My thoughts as well !!!!

Glad to see all these price drops.

Mine went down, but because I use a T.A., I have to wait until she gets in to work on Thurs to file the request.

My luck, the price will go back up befire she gets in.

Email her a screen shot.

Hi, a little slow at this price drop...how can i tell if i qualify for a price drop? I sail next month. Any info will be helpful!! Thanks

What rate did you book? Did you book Early Saver? And is the price of your cabin lower than when you booked?

Why do all of these sales end in Dec 2013?!? I'm cruising in Feb 2014, and none have applied to my sailing, even though it's less than a year away. Do I have to wait until Jan 2014 to get any sales??

Think about it. Why would they drop 2014 cruise prices? It makes sense for them to get a sense of the bookings before any arbitrary price drop.

We have a Super Saver for a cruise in May and booked through Carnival, waiting to hear back but we should be eligible for new rates....correct?

Thanks!

No. Super Saver doesn't have price protection. Did you mean Early Saver?

Figured out why mine was declined. Because I submitted the Early Saver Price Protection form! I am past guest rate so they said for that all you need to do is call Carnival or your PVP or if you booked through a travel agent and they will check the rate. If it is lower they can just change your booking code. That even though the past guest rate gets the price protection benefits you can't use that form.

That said IF I do change it I'll get $80 off my final payment and lose my $150 OBC so I'll keep the $150 in fruity drinks lol.

I'm sorry I asking dumb questions. My cruise isn't till the end of July. My husband and I are both past guests of carnival. So, with that being said. Should I not be eligible for the past guest sale being offered? Or is that only new bookings?

We just upgraded from an OV to an Ext Balcony using the Spring into Savings-Past guest offer. If you are a past guest then those prices will apply to you.

Archived