Price drops people!

ffmack

Yes $400 price drop for us too. Had to cancel and rebook our past guest rate (no penalty) to the new Friends and Family rate, we even got the same stateroom. We will have to call back to get the FCC applied, right now it's 90+ minute hold times and the message says to call back NEXT WEEK! Crazy fire sale going on.

After an hour on hold with the agent checking on my booking, I was told that nothing could be issued because it is after final payment and I am at "blue" status. It's our first cruise with Carnival. So I'm being punished for chosing to cruise with them and paying for it all at once??

Just for future reference: You have to FIRST book at an ES rate, then choose a room that doesn't sell out quickly; most of the time that way you are more than likely going to get OBC. We booked a suite in 2011 but went in September when the prices are at their lowest so it was sold out BUT we were able to get $40 OBC at the time. This year we booked for July, a high peak cruise month (weddings, honeymoons, summer vacation for kids) and the prices are usually a bit higher - I knew this time I would get more than $40 of OBC. However, in lieu of what's been going on the news and the fact that sales dropped 1% - I never imagined I would get THIS much OBC - When I called last week the "Spring into Savings sale" was going on, after the rep helped me and I saw that my price dropped I was happy to learn that I got $230 OBC from THAT sale:), then I called again once I saw the Friends and Family rate and was able to get $360 OBC from THAT sale:eek:. It pays to keep checking...and pays to be on hold. I was on hold the first time for 33min the second time it was 45min but I hung up and called again and was on hold form 32min

Over the past two weeks, I submitted three Price Protection Claim Forms on two separate cruises not yet at final payment. I never received a response of any kind from Carnival, but the price drop was reflected in "Manage My Cruise". They gave me the price drops but never told me. The most recent one I submitted was on Monday and it was in Manage My Cruise today. So go and check online--you might be pleasantly surprised.

I here you on this! I have yet to pay off my cruise as its due to be paid off at the end of April. I got 2 price drops these past 2 weeks. The first one was with the Spring into Savings sale and the second was with the Friends and Family Deal. I had $600 left on my balance and they already took off the first drop ($233) which brought it down to $367; the second drop I received was $360. They haven't done that one yet but if I pay off my cruise before they give it to me I'll have $360 in OBC if not then I'll only owe $7 when I pay it off. Either way I'm saving and that's ALL that matters!!! WHOOO HOOO!!

After an hour on hold with the agent checking on my booking, I was told that nothing could be issued because it is after final payment and I am at "blue" status. It's our first cruise with Carnival. So I'm being punished for chosing to cruise with them and paying for it all at once??

You're not being punished. Obviously you were satisfied with the price when you booked or you wouldn't have booked and paid for the cruise. The "blue status" remark might have been made because of the past guest sale requirements. I know it's a pain being on hold, but it's worth a try calling back to see if you get someone else who will give you a price drop, but if you didn't book Early Saver, don't expect to get one. If it happens, great! You'll see people on these boards that are calling and submitting forms every other day to try to get even $10 off or OBC. It all depends on what's important to you. This is the first time I've ever gotten a price drop and I always book Early Saver. People here are talking about the rates going down each day. I got a price drop on Friday that I was very happy with. I'd be embarrassed to call my PVP and ask if he could do better than what he did for me last week. Others don't feel the same way or don't mind sitting on the phone waiting to see if they can do better. It's up to you AND it depends on what you are eligible for based on the way you booked your cruise. Good luck and stop feeling punished. You're going on a cruise!!! :)

We have three 8a balcony cabins booked on the Dream in July. I saw with the friends and family sale our cabins had a price drop so I emailed our PVP and requested the price drop for all three cabins and asked about mine being an onboard credit since my room was paid off. I got a reply stating she had put in for the price drops on all three rooms and that since mine was already paid off but not past the final payment date I would be getting mine back as a refund on my card. Is this normal? Honestly, either way the money will be used for the cruise as it is being refunded to my check card so I can just put the money in savings and take the cash and put it on our sign and sail account when we go but I thought since my room was paid off I would be getting an onboard credit.

I here you on this! I have yet to pay off my cruise as its due to be paid off at the end of April. I got 2 price drops these past 2 weeks. The first one was with the Spring into Savings sale and the second was with the Friends and Family Deal. I had $600 left on my balance and they already took off the first drop ($233) which brought it down to $367; the second drop I received was $360. They haven't done that one yet but if I pay off my cruise before they give it to me I'll have $360 in OBC if not then I'll only owe $7 when I pay it off. Either way I'm saving and that's ALL that matters!!! WHOOO HOOO!!

Wow! That's fantastic. I think my husband would be willing to cruise more often if we could get rates like this every time. ;)

Archived