2014/15 last season downunder for Rhapsody.

I know a lot of rumours are spread in workplaces and I'm not one to believe everything I hear but I returned recently from a B2B but on different ships and I was told on both ships that the 2014/15 season for Rhapsody of the Seas will be the last downunder and another big ship will be sent down here by RCI.I heard Freedom class mentioned but do we have the infrastructure to handle such a big ship?

Regards Elaine.

That will be a shame if true as I have a very soft spot for Rhapsody ... it really is one of my favourite ships and I would hate to see her go. Much prefer Rhapsody to stay and to let Radiance go!

A Freedom class ship would be good though, which would dock at the OPT as Voyager and other megaships do. If the Queen Mary can dock in Circular Quay, then no reason why a Freedom class (which I think is a bit shorter but a bit wider) couldn't.

Cheers

Bob

That will be sad if true. We have cruised on Rhapsody 3 times. A big plus for her is she can access ports that other ships can't ie Cairns. Tied up at wharf is big plus vs tendering into Cairns.

Will definitely have to sail on Rhapsody again before she leaves for good.

OMG, I hope it's not true.

I've been on her 10 times, and many more planned.

A couple of years ago, there was talk by some crew, that they were considering home porting her in Sydney ALL YEAR!

BIGGER IS NOT BETTER.

Aussie Frequent Floaters

Archived