Carnival Legend having problems??

pixiedustdawn

I wonder if Royal Caribbean, NCL or other cruise lines have had similar issues over the last several weeks and they just weren't reported on by the media and all the focus is just on Carnival...

The P&O Ventura is doing a TA crossing right now with reduced speed due to propulsion issues. I haven't seen anything on the news about it, but I read about it on CC news page on the 17th.

Isn't that basically the same thing that made breaking news over all the TV stations about the Legend? The people on the Legend missed one port. That happens from time to time at Grand Cayman with bad weather. Not like they lost power or bathrooms or anything else. Just got an extra sea day and got paid extra for it.

Yes. The Legend ran into some difficulties, but this is nothing that Carnival can't fix. Carnival is such a big company for something this small to ruin its reputation. If you are looking for a good price on a Carnival Cruise, I suggest you book now because Carnival will be back to normal by the Summer.

The P&O Ventura is doing a TA crossing right now with reduced speed due to propulsion issues. I haven't seen anything on the news about it, but I read about it on CC news page on the 17th.

Isn't that basically the same thing that made breaking news over all the TV stations about the Legend? The people on the Legend missed one port. That happens from time to time at Grand Cayman with bad weather. Not like they lost power or bathrooms or anything else. Just got an extra sea day and got paid extra for it.

Isn't P&O owned by Carnival??

The people on the Legend missed Belize and Grand Cayman. I don't think the problem on the Legend would have gotten any air time if the other 3 ships had not already been disabled. The Legend's propulsion problem was just one more blow to Carnival's image. They are in somewhat of a bind and I am sure they did it to save face and ward off any more bad publicity or law suits.

I just went on the carnival site to finish entering my info for the legend this Sunday and when I try to get to my booking, I get sent to a page that says "How did you get here? An error has occurred". So then, I tried to search for the sailing this weekend and it's nowhere to be found. I went to exepedia and nothing. I called carnival and the recording said that the wait time would be over 90 minutes.

Has anyone heard anything about this Sunday's sailing? I'd like to be able to make alternate plans if this thing is cancelled.

I just went on the carnival site to finish entering my info for the legend this Sunday and when I try to get to my booking, I get sent to a page that says "How did you get here? An error has occurred". So then, I tried to search for the sailing this weekend and it's nowhere to be found. I went to exepedia and nothing. I called carnival and the recording said that the wait time would be over 90 minutes.

Has anyone heard anything about this Sunday's sailing? I'd like to be able to make alternate plans if this thing is cancelled.

If they haven't finished repairs by hen you may miss a port. The are no canceling Legend cruises.

If they haven't finished repairs by hen you may miss a port. The are no canceling Legend cruises.

I'm just finding it a bit odd that there is no mention of this sailing anywhere on the site or expedia. If we're missing a port, I'll be taking the refund.

The P&O story IS news all over the UK. Go take a look.

I'm just finding it a bit odd that there is no mention of this sailing anywhere on the site or expedia. If we're missing a port, I'll be taking the refund.

Ships miss ports all the time especially tender ports like Grand Caymen, if the swells are too large they wont run tenders and often it's the port authorities call or it could be the captains. If you want to make sure you don't miss a port don't cruise.

Ships miss ports all the time especially tender ports like Grand Caymen' date=' if the swells are too large they wont run tenders and often it's the port authorities call or it could be the captains. If you want to make sure you don't miss a port don't cruise.[/quote']

Missing because of swells is one thing, missing one because carnival fails to properly maintain their ships is another.

I've been on over 20 cruises and have never missed a port, maybe I'm just lucky. I'm not cruising for the ship, especially on carnival. I cruise for the ports, to be able to have the ability to be somewhere new everyday.

Missing because of swells is one thing, missing one because carnival fails to properly maintain their ships is another.

I've been on over 20 cruises and have never missed a port, maybe I'm just lucky. I'm not cruising for the ship, especially on carnival. I cruise for the ports, to be able to have the ability to be somewhere new everyday.

I have been on 15 cruises. THe first 9 were RCCL. I have missed ports sever times due to weather and political issues (Labadee twice). All on RCCL. I also was on an RCCL cruise that had engine problems. We left New York for Bermuda already down one engine. They just told us they were going to fix it in Bermuda, Fine. On the way there, another engine blew. We got into Bermuda a few hours late, so the captain gave us an open bar for a couple of hours. That's it.

So far, no problems on the 4 CCL or 1 NCL I have been on. If it weren't for the unique circumstances of the Triumph incident, you would have never heard about the Dream or Legend issues. In fact, if it were not for Triumph, the Dream would have left St Maarten and they would have fixed the "Back up" generator while underway. Because of Triumph, they didn't take the chance and sent people home.

I am sure these problems happen all the time to all the cruise lines. Its the media that sensationalizes everything that caused all this. They actually were reporting the Triumph as a "Disaster" and "Triumph Survivors" Reallly????? No one died. They were all survivors. They were inconvenienced. People need to get over it. Based on all the stuff CCL gave those passengers, I wish I was on any one or all of those ships.

This will be interesting in the very near future in that the Legend is scheduled to go to Italy soon because we are scheduled to be on it in late May for a 12 day cruise there. We will know for sure if the propulsion problems get repaired because there's no way they will send it across the ocean with 1/2 propulsion.

We are on the May 28th Cruise on the Legend, come join the Roll call :)

Archived