Iceland Golden Circle and Alesund Path of the Trolls

sandian

Thinking of doing both these tours on our Cruise in June, on looking at private tours I see prices around the same or even dearer than Cruise tours. There are three of us and it seems for peace of mind we are as well going with the ship.

Ship price for 8 hours with lunch £81, can you see how we can do it cheaper?.

Any help greatly appreciated, these seem to be the most popular.

• 4 weeks later...
Thinking of doing both these tours on our Cruise in June, on looking at private tours I see prices around the same or even dearer than Cruise tours. There are three of us and it seems for peace of mind we are as well going with the ship.

Hi

We are going to do the Golden Circle in June as well - look at IG Tours.

I think £81 pp is reasonable. If you plan on taking a private tour to see the Path of the Trolls it will cost more pp.

Only by renting a car you would be able to get it cheaper.

Had a look, that seems a good price, thank's will have to discuss with DH.

Hiya,

Just to let you know, we are arranging to go to Blue Lagoon with IG tours on the second day as we have a day and half in port.

Cost of transfer is £16 per person return from dock to dock. In case you might be interested in doing this as well when in Iceland. Entrance to Blue Lagoon is separate.

I've found one with FAB Travel, that you can see excursions listed per cruise ship in port in Reykjavik... I've posted on here to see if anyone else has used them as putting "FAB Travel" in a search engine just brings up lots of people commenting on their fabulous holidays!

Their Golden Circle tour is EUR80 with no food, but starts at a time of your choosing. It's a 6 hour tour too, which fits in nicely with our estimated 11am arrival time in port.

Hopefully this link will work...

http://www.fabtravel.is/en/cruise-ship/cruise-ships-in-reykjavik-2012

Hiya,

Just to let you know, we are arranging to go to Blue Lagoon with IG tours on the second day as we have a day and half in port.

Cost of transfer is £16 per person return from dock to dock. In case you might be interested in doing this as well when in Iceland. Entrance to Blue Lagoon is separate.

Hello

Thank's for the offer it would have been great to do if we were not doing the other tour, but feel we want to stay close to the ship so we can have a look round the town.

I've found one with FAB Travel, that you can see excursions listed per cruise ship in port in Reykjavik... I've posted on here to see if anyone else has used them as putting "FAB Travel" in a search engine just brings up lots of people commenting on their fabulous holidays!

Their Golden Circle tour is EUR80 with no food, but starts at a time of your choosing. It's a 6 hour tour too, which fits in nicely with our estimated 11am arrival time in port.

Hopefully this link will work...

http://www.fabtravel.is/en/cruise-ship/cruise-ships-in-reykjavik-2012

Thanks, will have a look.

We actually only started looking at independent tours as the Golden Circle with Lunch tour disappeared off the RCI website. We called them today and appare today the ship's tour is full.

That's strange, just had a look and it's still there but showing as enquire onboard it has been like this for a week or two. We were just going to book as soon as we boarded. Gutted if it is fully booked, will look at other options now.

Looking at IG and Horizons they do not fit in with our times in port first day docking 11.00am second day sailing at 3.00pm. I cannot see any of these fitting in with an 8.30am start or being back for 3.00pm sailaway. Problems problems.

Looking at IG and Horizons they do not fit in with our times in port first day docking 11.00am second day sailing at 3.00pm. I cannot see any of these fitting in with an 8.30am start or being back for 3.00pm sailaway. Problems problems.

We're actually now thinking of going with IG tours. Their website shows "normal" tours at times which don't fit in with the arrival and departure times but they also have a special cruise ship section:

http://www.igtours.is/eng/catalog/tour76.html

There's one on the day our ship arrives with a scheduled pick up between 11.30 and 12 and we're staying overnight so no panic on return times.

Also very reasonably priced.

Archived