Tervis Tumbler question

MPH711

Just home from B2B on Breeze , got our tumblers the second night on both sailings.

Blue Iguana had tumblers all sailing but Red Frog had none the first week , second week they appeared around day 3 and were sold out in an hour.

I've never used a Tervis cup. Are they really all that? I was thinking about getting one onboard as a souvenir anyway.

It's a cup. How great can they be? But they are great for hot or cold drinks and the cup itself is nearly (not a challenge) indestructible. The cups themselves have a lifetime guarantee against any defects in materials or workmanship (but not abuse by gorillas).

http://www.tervis.com/info/lifetime-guarantee

Was there any mention of what John is saying what the next gift will be?

No, he didn't. Just said he have info about the next gift in July. I am hoping it is something different. My sister owns a chain of retail stores and our family has tons of Tervis tumblers! :D

It's a cup. How great can they be? But they are great for hot or cold drinks and the cup itself is nearly (not a challenge) indestructible. The cups themselves have a lifetime guarantee against any defects in materials or workmanship (but not abuse by gorillas).

Thanks for the info. I have heard some people say they are great at keeping cold things cold for a long time. It intrigued me enough to bite on the hype. I'll have to see what I experience and render my opinion. Thank's again for the description and pics!

And the best of it all, is that they are made in the USA! Read the imprint on the bottom! :D

Seems like we usually get Plat gift on elegant night last several cruises. Yes, we love the Tervis tumblers......not just Carnivals. They are great size for coffee, but love the 22oz for cold drinks. Always bring them with us. :)

Enjoy!

Kat

One thing that usually doesn't get discussed when you read here on the boards about the Tervis Tumblers is the HANDLES. These handles are available for sale at Bed Bath and Beyond. Before our Hawaii cruise on the Splendor in January, I picked up the handles (for 16 oz tumblers) in anticipation of receiving the tumblers as platinum gifts. On the ship we had several people ask where we got the handles and a few even wanted to buy them from us! (BTW - no sale!)

We just got off the Fantasy yesterday and we had ours in our stateroom the first formal night. It was great as I used it every morning for my coffee (I bring flavored cream that I like) and every night after dinner, I ran upstairs for more coffee and it lasted all evening. Wonderful gift and I am very grateful. I did however, pack my binoculars and promptly forgot them on each port visit....yikes. Enjoy your tumbler!!!

You can get the Carnival one from here?

For those that are wondering, the Blue Igauna and Red Frog Tervis Tumblers can only be purchased on the Carnival ships that sell them (or on eBay at a mark-up :eek:). However, if you're a bit of a Parrot-head like me), go to Tervis's website and check out the Jimmy Buffet/Magaritaville tumblers. And there are several beach / tropical themed ones as well. Now, if you'll excuse me, it's 5 o'clock somewhere, and I have a license to chill.:D

• 4 weeks later...
For those that are wondering, the Blue Igauna and Red Frog Tervis Tumblers can only be purchased on the Carnival ships that sell them (or on eBay at a mark-up :eek:). However, if you're a bit of a Parrot-head like me), go to Tervis's website and check out the Jimmy Buffet/Magaritaville tumblers. And there are several beach / tropical themed ones as well. Now, if you'll excuse me, it's 5 o'clock somewhere, and I have a license to chill.:D

Anybody know how much the blue iguana or red frog ones are on the ship?

I was worried I was going to have to lug a tumblr through England and France after the cruise in August but it appears that won't happen. My luck it'll be one of those giant scrapbook photo albums, which would be worse. LOL

We were on the Miracle Panama Canal cruise in March. Our platinum gift was a tote bag. I think this was because the cruise was 15 days long and had over 300 platinum guests on board. I was looking forward to the tumblers but any gift is a bonus. I am glad that they are changing the gift more frequently. We have quite a collection of past gifts!!

We were on the Miracle Panama Canal cruise in March. Our platinum gift was a tote bag. I think this was because the cruise was 15 days long and had over 300 platinum guests on board. I was looking forward to the tumblers but any gift is a bonus. I am glad that they are changing the gift more frequently. We have quite a collection of past gifts!!

Same for our 15-day Hawaii cruise on the Splendor in January, but I talked our room steward (along with the loyalty ambassador if I remember correctly) into finding us 2 tumblers to exchange for our tote bags. He ended up getting the Tervis Tumblers for us and told us to keep the tote bags too. I've always found that it never hurts to ask for something. If the answer had been "no", I'd have been OK with that too. :)

I was there with ya goofy (GREAT cruise) and we too received the tote. Not quite as nice as the totes from 2005, but in my opinion better than an adult sippy cup. :p

Archived