I'm loving the new sale!

Leo's Rule

WoW It's true it doesn't hurt to call Carnival. I had finished a 52 hour shift(I am crazy I know but us girls like to shop on vacation and it is less than a month away)Anyhow, I got home and immediately called Carnival. I waited 52 minutes. All I wanted was to move from Mid Main to Forward Empress Deck. She quoted me $250 to upgrade. I expressed to her it would be easier for them to sell my Mid Main. She at first said she couldnt do anything until I pointed out that many wont want the room I was interested in as it is below fun shops and entrance to Show Lounge. She had me hold, came back within 4 minutes stated" I can't give you any credit but am able to put you on Empress deck. We agreed upon a room and said good bye. Took less than 10 minutes. I got my confirmation email and WooHoo, It now states I have $140.00 in OBC...I was booked under past guest rate and we sail in 25 days. My cruise has been paid off for 2 months. I found this all interesting as I was told when my final payment was made I could not upgrade or get any credit or OBC....As I said it never hurts to call..... :)

L

WoW It's true it doesn't hurt to call Carnival. I had finished a 52 hour shift(I am crazy I know but us girls like to shop on vacation and it is less than a month away)Anyhow, I got home and immediately called Carnival. I waited 52 minutes. All I wanted was to move from Mid Main to Forward Empress Deck. She quoted me $250 to upgrade. I expressed to her it would be easier for them to sell my Mid Main. She at first said she couldnt do anything until I pointed out that many wont want the room I was interested in as it is below fun shops and entrance to Show Lounge. She had me hold, came back within 4 minutes stated" I can't give you any credit but am able to put you on Empress deck. We agreed upon a room and said good bye. Took less than 10 minutes. I got my confirmation email and WooHoo, It now states I have $140.00 in OBC...I was booked under past guest rate and we sail in 25 days. My cruise has been paid off for 2 months. I found this all interesting as I was told when my final payment was made I could not upgrade or get any credit or OBC....As I said it never hurts to call..... :)

L

That could be partially due to a letter Carnival sent to TA's stating that upgrades for PG would be honored even if it was after their final payment date. How long that's going to last remains to be seen.

That's great!! :) I had tried that trick putting in different dates/number of people/cruises..and I can't get the friends and family to come up as a booking option at all past August. But if others can get it to work that's a fabulous savings for them. :D More money for DOD is always a good thing.

Doesn't work for me either. Though I tried that from day one with the preview for PG. :D

Even if you've already contacted Carnival and received a lower rate/upgrade/OBC . . . keep checking the rates. On Tuesday, we changed from OV to Balcony on our June cruise because the rates dropped so much. I checked the rates yesterday evening and they were the same as Tuesday. Then just before I went to bed, I checked again and what do you know??? The rate dropped another $200. A quick call to Carnival and they changed our rate. We also saved another $700 for our 5 cabins for our August cruise. Woo hoo!

Has anyone had luck booking PG, it being past last final payment date and 2-3 weeks till sailing and getting more than one price drop or upgrade? I already got what I felt was an awesome deal yesterday as I wasnt expecting any OBC but it looks like there is another price drop and thinking of calling again today and waiting on the phone for an hour :/

L

Even if you've already contacted Carnival and received a lower rate/upgrade/OBC . . . keep checking the rates. On Tuesday, we changed from OV to Balcony on our June cruise because the rates dropped so much. I checked the rates yesterday evening and they were the same as Tuesday. Then just before I went to bed, I checked again and what do you know??? The rate dropped another $200. A quick call to Carnival and they changed our rate. We also saved another $700 for our 5 cabins for our August cruise. Woo hoo!

Same thing happened to us. We had already lowered our price by $50 per person. I checked yesterday (Thursday) afternoon and the prices were the same. I checked about 10:00 that evening and they had dropped another $50 pp, so after a 2 hour wait on the phone, I saved $300! LONG wait, but very worth the savings.

Strange thing - when I checked the rates this morning, it showed one of our rooms with the green color that indicates that the rooms are available to choose from. I looked over the confirmation emails that I was sent last night and they had changed one of our cabin numbers. We had all 3 rooms booked on 4G - interior cabins on the Lido deck. One of the cabins was 9255 and I guess when she keyed it in, she put 9225 which is an 8D balcony room on the Lido Deck.

I'm going to call and get it straightened out, but it's sure tempting to leave it alone and get the balcony for the interior price. I'd feel guilty all week though and it's quite possible something could happen when we all check in if they notice the rates don't look right or something.

Anyway, just getting up the gumption for a possible long wait on hold again to do them a favor!

This has been the best time to book a cruise! We originally booked 2 balconies on the Panorama deck for $839 per person in June. I thought that was not too bad for high season. Now my rate is $579 and I couldn't be happier! I did not book early saver, so I am not even going to LOOK at the rates after final payment to see if it drops more. I don't want to know! :D

The strange thing is that my September cruise rate has not changed at all. I am OK with no price drop for my aft wrap--happy with what I paid, but I am surprised that the other cabins my friends are in have not changed either.

High season=$1000 price drop

Hurricane season=steady price

Odd. Not complaining at all, but odd. Maybe once they get through all these summer drops and rebooks for the cancellation, they will start looking at the fall cruises. I did book ES on that one, so I might see a drop. Like i said, not expecting it with the aft wrap but I wouldn't turn it down!

Another price drop for me in just two days! Saved a total of $540 now, in the form of obc. Woohoo!

Now if they'll just drop that med cruise a little more, I may have a dream 20th anniversary trip as well!

Sent from my Samsung GS3

Archived