I'm loving the new sale!

Leo's Rule

WOW, I am glad to hear people are getting such good deals. For cruises from Long Beach there are no deals. Prices are still at around $300+ for a 3 or 4 day cruise, and $650 for a one week, and that is for an inside cabin. When I see all the $189 cruises from Florida I am very envious of all of those close to Florida.

The 4 day on Inspiration for 4/29 dropped to $250PP! That's the cheapest I have seen that cruise. We were tempted to book it. It was that low another week in April too.

Is there anyway to do this online? Our final payment isn't until May, so as far as I know I'm eligible for the credit, but I've been on hold forever.

If there is a way to do it online, I'd love to try that. I've got to go now, so am going to have to call back later if I can't.

The 4 day on Inspiration for 4/29 dropped to $250PP! That's the cheapest I have seen that cruise. We were tempted to book it. It was that low another week in April too.

Thank you for the info. I just went and rechecked and did a mock booking, that is for a Upper/Lower but the queen bed was only $20 more for a cabin total of $595. That is a good price I agree, but it is the price I usually pay for that cruise, so I just wasn't feeling like I could get the same great deals everyone else had found. We are booked on Princess Coastal for March 30, so I do not think my DH will agree to another similar itinerary so soon. I wish they had a great deal on a 7 day Mexico. We went a few times on the Splendor for $639 pp for a spa Balcony, now if they had it for May on the Miracle at that price I would jump.

My cruise rate dropped $140! :D Too bad it's only for cruises through August 2013. I wish they had extended it for all of 2013.

Don't forget to check for price drops all!

I wish all of 2013 too! I am sailing October 2013 and mine is the same price....

Just upgraded from an inside cabin on Main to a balcony on Panorama for the same price on the Glory! :D I wanted to be on the Lido, but my PVP said there is a lot of foot traffic in the hallways on the Lido due to the atrium being right there. It's the next deck up from Lido on the Glory. Would you prefer Lido over Panorama or is there really no difference?

We've gotten a total of nearly $1000 in price drops in the past month for our cruise on the Magic on August 11. Started out at $3950 or so, including taxes and insurance. We're down around $2950 now. Pretty sweet.

Thank you for the info. I just went and rechecked and did a mock booking, that is for a Upper/Lower but the queen bed was only $20 more for a cabin total of $595. That is a good price I agree, but it is the price I usually pay for that cruise, so I just wasn't feeling like I could get the same great deals everyone else had found. We are booked on Princess Coastal for March 30, so I do not think my DH will agree to another similar itinerary so soon. I wish they had a great deal on a 7 day Mexico. We went a few times on the Splendor for $639 pp for a spa Balcony, now if they had it for May on the Miracle at that price I would jump.

I loved the 7 day Mexican Riviera cruises! Sad they will only be in the Winter now :( in between Hawaii visits of course, kind of limits our choices sadly.

No price drops for me. :-( Sailing in May from San Juan. Must be a popular cruise. Price has gone up rather than down since we booked. Glad I secured the Early Saver price!

Yes, it's possible that your cruise is very popular or near capacity. There may be a large group onboard or some type of holiday in one of the ports? Since you're booked under Early Saver; keep looking; who knows, maybe some cabins will open up and you get that price drop closer to sailing.

My base price has dropped, but it's still not lower than the price I have when you net out the OBC which they are not offering currently. So I guess I got a good deal!

You do know that you paid Carnival to hold your money that will be your OBC, right? And if you prefer it that way, that's perfectly fine too. But why not look at the real savings of the cruise and just bring that "OBC" money with you for your spending?

No price drops for me. :-( Sailing in May from San Juan. Must be a popular cruise. Price has gone up rather than down since we booked. Glad I secured the Early Saver price!

It's possible your sailing is popular or near capacity. There may also be several groups onboard or there's a holiday in one of the ports you're visiting. But since you are booked ES, keep looking; you may get that price drop closer to sailing.

My base price has dropped, but it's still not lower than the price I have when you net out the OBC which they are not offering currently. So I guess I got a good deal!

You do know that you paid Carnival to hold that OBC for you, right? All they did was increase the price of the cabin by the amount of the OBC you'd receive. You may have only received $10 from them. There was an instance that they didn't up the price of the cabin and the OBC was actually free; it happened to me, but I knew this because I was already pricing the cruise, but booked when I noticed the price hadn't changed and I'd be getting free OBC. If you prefer to do it that way; that's cool, but why not look at the difference in your base price and see what your real savings are and just bring the extra money you originally spent on the cabin to have as your OBC?

I never think to look at these sales since I'm still new (only cruised once before) and have no clue how to look at these things, but I called Carnival today after this post and got $200!

Great! :)

Wow - Nice deals. I'm sailing Sept. 14/13 so nothing for me.

That's because the sale is for sailings through August 2013. This sale ends on Friday, so there's no telling what other sales Carnival may have. Keep hope alive!

Not a new cruiser but have noticed that my price dropped by almost $200 per person on my April cruise. I don't remember if I booked early saver and final payment has been made. Also booked online so no TA or PVP. Is there someone I can contact to see if I can get the price drop? Or can someone tell me where to submit a form? Or am I out of luck? Thanks for any and all help.

Your best bet is to call in. Even if you didn't book Early Saver, as long as Final Payment hasn't passed, you'd still qualify for savings IF you booked one of the refundable rates (Fun Select, Fun Select Plus, Past Guest, Resident, Military). If all else fails, tell the person you're talking to that you're eligible for a complimentary upgrade (if you're a PG). Good luck!

Sailing on the 4th of May on the Dream and was told since I was paid in full I would have to pay 50% cancellation fee. While I would save $400 by a rebooking, i would be out $459. Has anyone else gotten this answer? She said since I did Spring into Summer I wasnt eligible. Doesnt make sense

That sounds like you booked as a past guest. As long as final payment isn't due, you can still price match. Call again and speak to someone else. But since she is mentioning 50% cancellation; sounds like final payment has passed. If that is the case, still call back and alert the person that a letter went out stating the following (this can be found on goccl.com. I haven't looked for myself, but another thread has stated success with this):

Dear Travel Agents,

During the last couple of months since the Carnival Triumph fire, we’ve received an enormous show of support from our Past Guests. So many of them have called, emailed, Tweeted and posted on Facebook to demonstrate their confidence in Carnival. This has meant a lot to us and as a gesture of appreciation, we will be extending complimentary upgrades to them in the event a lower price becomes available after they book.

Please feel free to contact us if your client is a Past Guest and there is a rate adjustment on the category they purchased.

Sincerely,

Carnival Cruise Lines

[quote name=

Dear Travel Agents,

During the last couple of months since the Carnival Triumph fire, we’ve received an enormous show of support from our Past Guests. So many of them have called, emailed, Tweeted and posted on Facebook to demonstrate their confidence in Carnival. This has meant a lot to us and as a gesture of appreciation, we will be extending complimentary upgrades to them in the event a lower price becomes available after they book.

Please feel free to contact us if your client is a Past Guest and there is a rate adjustment on the category they purchased.

Sincerely,

Carnival Cruise Lines

Was booked past guest sailing on Sunday 3/24 Legend was able to upgrade to extended balcony. Being a PG is a good thing.

Is there anyway to do this online? Our final payment isn't until May, so as far as I know I'm eligible for the credit, but I've been on hold forever.

If there is a way to do it online, I'd love to try that. I've got to go now, so am going to have to call back later if I can't.

If you booked ES, you can submit the early saver form; otherwise, if you booked a different rate and you booke with Carnival directly, you'll need to call in. If you used a TA; you'll need to contact him or her to request the difference for you.

Here's the form: http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/requestforms/cclearlysaverform.aspx

i HATE the new sale. We booked late (past final payment bc my fiance is active duty and cant get leave approved that far in advance) and the cruise went down almost $700 three days after we booked. So bummed right now.

Archived