Have you upgraded your cabin at the terminal??

Have you ever upgraded your stateroom at the cruise terminal?
Were you able to score a much better deal this way than upgrading before the sailing?

Just curious since on our sailing (Grandeur) there are only interiors and balconies/suites available. Oceanview is sold out, and the difference between interiors and balconies is HUGE pricewise. I'm hoping at the cruise terminal I'll be able to upgrade for less than the cost is now....

Is that even possible? *crossing fingers*

its pretty much impossible to do that nowadays. every time we walk in the terminal there are signs everywhere saying no upgrades available.

what could happen is the OV peeps will get upgraded to the JS, the JS will get bumped to Grands and up and they will just fill up the Interiors at the last minute with el cheapo prices.

how much longer to sailing? Ours on GR is not until September and currently all that is open are the high end suites and a few Interiors as well. we have a Grand booked, so are probably not gonna get any fairy dust but we are okay with that.

[quote name='vickiw0318']sppokwife is correct. About 10 days out, there will be Crown and Anchor upgrades to the remaining junior suites and grand suites if any still remain.[/quote]

Yep, this is what we did. It was through the C&A program that we were able to go with a much larger suite than we'd planned on.

[quote name='spookwife']its pretty much impossible to do that nowadays. every time we walk in the terminal there are signs everywhere saying no upgrades available.

what could happen is the OV peeps will get upgraded to the JS, the JS will get bumped to Grands and up and they will just fill up the Interiors at the last minute with el cheapo prices.

how much longer to sailing? Ours on GR is not until September and currently all that is open are the high end suites and a few Interiors as well. we have a Grand booked, so are probably not gonna get any fairy dust but we are okay with that.[/QUOTE]

Awww maaaaan :(
We're on the 5/17 sailing

We were upgraded on a Disney Cruise once - but the circumstances were bizarrre. We were checked in, made our way to our cabin (outside balcony) and the entire room was totally dismantled. Bed slats lying on the floor - tv in a corner...drawers all pulled out and pulled apart. It looked like a bunch of legos waiting to be put together. I wish we had taken a picture of our faces. So - back to the terminal and we were given a junior suite - which was very nice. Now, everytime I open my door for the first time, I'm hoping, hoping, hoping...

The GOTS is a small ship. There are not that many balconies and suites on the ship. So, they command a good price. They only have them on deck 7 and 8.

If you could snag one of the new panoramic window ocean views on deck 7 or 8 that would be the next best thing to a balcony.

[quote name='DragonOfTheSeas']The GOTS is a small ship. There are not that many balconies and suites on the ship. So, they command a good price. They only have them on deck 7 and 8.

If you could snag one of the new panoramic window ocean views on deck 7 or 8 that would be the next best thing to a balcony.[/QUOTE]

I agree, those are really nice.. saw them on EN back in December. Great location, too

Archived