Letter from GoCCL to Travel Agents regarding price drops and upgrades

Spudder

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/GOCCL/Files/News%20and%20%20Updates/PastGuestAppreciationUpgrades.ashx

Saw this on GoCCl and thought I would let everyone know....worth asking for.

Dear Travel Agents,

During the last couple of months since the Carnival Triumph fire, we’ve received an enormous show of support from our Past Guests. So many of them have called, emailed, Tweeted and posted on Facebook to demonstrate their confidence in Carnival. This has meant a lot to us and as a gesture of appreciation, we will be extending complimentary upgrades to them in the event a lower price becomes available after they book.

Please feel free to contact us if your client is a Past Guest and there is a rate adjustment on the category they purchased.

Sincerely,

Carnival Cruise Lines

We booke Es for Sept. there have been two price drops. I wonder if these upgrades would be included for us?

Thanks for posting back. Were you also past final payment (I know it sounds silly, but some people DO pay in full before final payment)?

The reason I ask is because I spent over 30 minutes on hold with Carnival, only to find out they wouldn't give me an upgrade, because I was past final payment. With the current sale, the price for the highest available balcony is over $100.00 less than I am paying for my 8D, and I am a LOYAL Past Guest with Carnival (going on cruise # 22 with them). However, if I don't get some satisfaction, with everything that's going on, #22 will be my last.

I agree.

Just got off the phone with my PVP. I emailed her and she called within 20 minutes.

Booked PG rate. Went from an OV to a Balcony for free!!!! Way to excited. On the site it said I had to pay $157 but my port charges were $229 and the current price is $538. Since I kept my cheap port charges the 157 was a wash. So excited.

I am booked under the Easy saver rate and had already made my final payment so I called Carnival just to see if I could get an upgrade and went from an inside cabin on the main deck to a balcony on the main deck at no additional charge. I was on the phone for over an hour but it was definitely worth it.

Okay I sent the notice also to my TA. Got a reply that we get a $60 (for two people balcony 8C) discount. Got one of $60 over the weekend and one last week of $200. Since we booked last summer, our total credit is $438. I told him that I wanted to stay on the seventh level and the same room.

My cruise has also dropped in price. I booked past guest and my cruise is in May. Called my PVP and was told that I could not get an upgrade (one not available - balconies gone and I was already highest level of OV). I did not book Early Saver, so he could not give me an OBC; however, he did suggest that I call 1-800-Carnival and speak with a supervisor.

Long story-short, after speaking with 3 different people and a 1hour, 46 minute wait, I did receive a $200.00 OBC. Everyone was really nice, very apologetic for the long wait-times and thanked me for being so nice. While I was on hold, each representative that I spoke with would check back with me periodically to make sure I was still on the line. Each person also took my phone number just in case we were accidentally disconnected. The last person I spoke with said it was really pleasant to speak with someone that was not yelling, threaten and name calling. She also stated that this was a one-time exception to the rule of having to booked Early Saver in order to receive an OBC. She concluded our conversation with Carnival valued me and my husband as return cruisers and appreciated our business.

Thank You Carnival - I do feel valued.

My cruise has also dropped in price. I booked past guest and my cruise is in May. Called my PVP and was told that I could not get an upgrade (one not available - balconies gone and I was already highest level of OV). I did not book Early Saver, so he could not give me an OBC; however, he did suggest that I call 1-800-Carnival and speak with a supervisor.

Long story-short, after speaking with 3 different people and a 1hour, 46 minute wait, I did receive a $200.00 OBC. Everyone was really nice, very apologetic for the long wait-times and thanked me for being so nice. While I was on hold, each representative that I spoke with would check back with me periodically to make sure I was still on the line. Each person also took my phone number just in case we were accidentally disconnected. The last person I spoke with said it was really pleasant to speak with someone that was not yelling, threaten and name calling. She also stated that this was a one-time exception to the rule of having to booked Early Saver in order to receive an OBC. She concluded our conversation with Carnival valued me and my husband as return cruisers and appreciated our business.

There is hope yet....

Congratulations!! I hope that I am as lucky with my group that is traveling in May. I have sent letters to everyone and their brother at Carnival and I'm just waiting for a response.

On hold now. We booked past guest, and it's well after final payment, but fair is $200 less on one cabin, and $220 less on another. Am I wasting my time here or do I have hope?

I guess it depends on who you get. There have been some that have had positive results and others (like myself) that were not so lucky. I guess if you've got the time to stay on hold, and can keep calling back, you might have better luck. Unfortunately, if I want to be able to cruise I have to work, therefore, no time to sit on hold for an hour or more.

Well Im happy they were able to make SOME GUEST happy !! I am not of of them !!! :(

Yeah - maybe Canada bookings are worse off? My TA keeps saying she can't get us anything because we made final payment already. :confused:

When you book a fare code, you agree to the terms of that fare code. Price reductions are not eligible for the Past Guest rate after final payment date. If you want to take full advantage of price reductions, you have to book the rate code that allows that.

Correct..............just got off the phone with Carnival and this was my situation exactly. Offered upgrade to balcony for $222.00 (Did not take) and no OBC. The driver in all of this is the "final payment due date". If you have passed that day you are out of luck !

Correct..............just got off the phone with Carnival and this was my situation exactly. Offered upgrade to balcony for $222.00 (Did not take) and no OBC. The driver in all of this is the "final payment due date". If you have passed that day you are out of luck !

So I guess I should just hang up?:confused:;). 32 minutes so far.

Originally Posted by Thestapels viewpost.gif

When you book a fare code, you agree to the terms of that fare code. Price reductions are not eligible for the Past Guest rate after final payment date. If you want to take full advantage of price reductions, you have to book the rate code that allows that.

FWIW, called yesterday.....(booked as PG, final payment back in Feb)

was able to get a free upgrade to the Spa cabins & $160 OBC. Confirmed in my doc's and boarding pass.

So I would call back again (although, this was yesterday, when they had that privy sale) and again, as it seems you may get a different answer.

we were booked early saver and are both past guests and in the last week on our cruise (paid in full in Jan.) we have got almost $500.00 in OBC...we could have moved cabins up two decks, but our friends are across the hall, so we opted to stay in the cabin we were booked in. So yes, Canadians are getting the price drops as well

Yeah - maybe Canada bookings are worse off? My TA keeps saying she can't get us anything because we made final payment already. :confused:

Originally Posted by Thestapels viewpost.gif

FWIW, called yesterday.....(booked as PG, final payment back in Feb)

was able to get a free upgrade to the Spa cabins & $160 OBC. Confirmed in my doc's and boarding pass.

So I would call back again (although, this was yesterday, when they had that privy sale) and again, as it seems you may get a different answer.

While I do agree with Thestapels in theory, the letter that Carnival put out there about "Past Guests being eligible for best possible upgrades should prices go down" negates that statement.

The letter NEVER said anything about the guest being before/after final payment.

If the guest were before final payment, it's not really a benefit, as the guest could cancel and rebook, so what's the benefit of the letter?

If the guest had originally booked ES, they could call their TA or Carnival and get the benefit of the sale.

Essentially, if it's before final payment YOU DON'T NEED THE LETTER CARNIVAL PUT OUT THERE.

If it's after final payment, Carnival is not honoring anything anyway. It seems like Carnival is trying to APPEAR like they are doing something nice, when in reality all they are doing is wasting our time by having us wait on hold for hours, only to be told NO.

A cruiser at hubby's job told him about this letter (have to find out if he's on these boards too) & told me to call Carnival although he's been saying he wants to cancel our October Dream cruise.

I was on hold for about 10 min. before they picked up. We are booked past guest/early saver, paid in full.

No OBC for us (rep said our category was sold out & up until yesterday it was when I checked carnival dot com, but today there are about 10 coves available on our sailing so ... :confused:), but they did say they'd give us a room upgrade. We have a cove balcony & I was looking forward to that so I didn't take it.

We've only been on one cruise & are considered a "past guest". While we're still undecided, not a bad offer given the circumstances. Hubby wanted OBC tho.

Archived