Sapphire Princess cruises from LA

• 2 weeks later...
San Pedro - Berth 93.

How far is that from the Queen Mary? I know that is at a diferent port (Long Beach)-I am just wondering if it would be feasible to spend the night on the Queen Mary. We at least want to tour her.

It's less than 7 miles...maybe 10 minute cab ride if that (especially in the morning hours on a Saturday or Sunday).

We are staying near the Queen Marry for two night before our Sapphire cruise next week. We will be next to the Aquarium on the water front in Long Beach. We just plan on taking a cab to the terminal in San Pedro. Staying on the Queen Mary is definitely feasible as long as you are ok getting a cab to the port.

Go to google.com and type in this search field: 33.747502,-118.276986 Then click the "maps" button on the bar above google search. You can zoom out on the map and do directions to the queen mary to see the distance.

It's less than 7 miles...maybe 10 minute cab ride if that (especially in the morning hours on a Saturday or Sunday).

We are staying near the Queen Marry for two night before our Sapphire cruise next week. We will be next to the Aquarium on the water front in Long Beach. We just plan on taking a cab to the terminal in San Pedro. Staying on the Queen Mary is definitely feasible as long as you are ok getting a cab to the port.

Go to google.com and type in this search field: 33.747502,-118.276986 Then click the "maps" button on the bar above google search. You can zoom out on the map and do directions to the queen mary to see the distance.

Thankyou so much for the help. Please post and let me know how it goes when you return. It does sound to be easy enough. The aquarium might be nice for us too.

For an idea of taxi rates-

taxifarefinder.com

When we have used this site they are almost on the higher side of what the actual taxi fare has been.

Aquarium of the Pacific

http://www.aquariumofpacific.org/

Passport Bus (free) in Long Beach. Has stops at the Queen Mary and the Aquarium. Also stops at Walmart, across the street from Albertson's supermarket and CVS drug store.

Albertson's and CVS sell alcohol. Not all Walmarts do.

http://www.lbtransit.com/services/passport.aspx

• 4 weeks later...

It is but now we are booked from San Frnacisoc and will dock at Long Beach. We decided we wanted to spend more time in and aroudn SF than LA. The cruise priece and flights were about the same so we decided we prefered SF area.

So although we will not stay onthe Queeen Mary we will still tour her.

The driver over to the Queen Mary would be around 20 minutes.

Keith

Even though we dock in Long Beach? We do not dock in the usual Princess berth. No matter we have friends that moved to the LA area 3 years ago, I am sure they will meet us and spend the day with us.

Even though we dock in Long Beach? We do not dock in the usual Princess berth. No matter we have friends that moved to the LA area 3 years ago, I am sure they will meet us and spend the day with us.

Even though I was not comfortable spending nights with them and prefered a hotel, we always wanted to visit with them. We just did not expect them to be our taxi or hotel while we were in LA. I feel differently though if they choose to spend the day with us as that is not as much an imposition.

If they can't meet us then of course we will do a taxi if Princess does not offer a Queen Mary excursion or a shuttle.

The Long Beach Carnival Berth is perpendicular to the Queen Mary. Literally a 5 minute walk.

Also check out the Dome that is now being used as the port building.

It was originally built to house the Spruce Goose.

It is the largest geodesic dome in the world.

In case your friend's can't meet you--

The red Passport bus is free. It leaves from the parking lot of the Queen Mary. When you leave the Dome turn right, go past the buildings and into the parking lot. The stop is located under the trees.

The bus stops at Aquarium and other tourist areas. Also stops at a Walmart. Albertson's market and CVS are across the street.

aquariumofpacific.org

The Long Beach Carnival Berth is perpendicular to the Queen Mary. Literally a 5 minute walk.

Also check out the Dome that is now being used as the port building.

It was originally built to house the Spruce Goose.

It is the largest geodesic dome in the world.

In case your friend's can't meet you--

The red Passport bus is free. It leaves from the parking lot of the Queen Mary. When you leave the Dome turn right, go past the buildings and into the parking lot. The stop is located under the trees.

The bus stops at Aquarium and other tourist areas. Also stops at a Walmart. Albertson's market and CVS are across the street.

aquariumofpacific.org

Yes, I heard of the bus, I hope it IS the Canrival berth princess is using. I have read on CC before tof people taking a Carnival LA cruise stayed the night on the Queen Mary precruise. Is there only 1 berth at long Beach?

The only thing about our friends is it is a Tuesday, so they may not can meet us, unless they can take off from work. (at least the wife who works in an office, the husband is a musican so his schedule is crazy-he could even be out of town working elsewhere) It may only be lunch together in one of the Queen Mary restaurants IF their work is close enough for them to come.

Technically there are two berths at Long Beach but the Queen Mary is permenantly at one of them.

When are you going? Somewhere I remember October??????

The Grand Princess will be in Long Beach on Tuesday, October 22, 2013.

http://www.sanpedrocalendar.com/scripts/calcium40.pl?Op=ShowIt&CalendarName=longbeachcruiseship&Op=ShowIt&Amount=Month&NavType=Absolute&Type=Block&Date=2013/10/1

Technically there are two berths at Long Beach but the Queen Mary is permenantly at one of them.

When are you going? Somewhere I remember October??????

The Grand Princess will be in Long Beach on Tuesday, October 22, 2013.

http://www.sanpedrocalendar.com/scripts/calcium40.pl?Op=ShowIt&CalendarName=longbeachcruiseship&Op=ShowIt&Amount=Month&NavType=Absolute&Type=Block&Date=2013/10/1

October 19 through 26.

This is a very old pix of Long Beach. The Queen Mary is on the right.

The Passport bus stop is before the large parking lot on the upper left, past the buildings.

You will be docked where the Spruce Goose is.

1219467190_Y9GVE-S.jpg

This is a very old pix of Long Beach. The Queen Mary is on the right.

The Passport bus stop is before the large parking lot on the upper left, past the buildings.

You will be docked where the Spruce Goose is.

1219467190_Y9GVE-S.jpg

October 22 is our Long Beach day.

Archived