Millie Aft Cabins

JMHappy

We are planning a cruise and love aft cabins. We have the choice of 7208 or 8170. When you look at the deck plans, it does not show the balcony size for the 7th floor aft.

I know either will be great, but is the a "better" choice....since I have an option? and why, is one bigger than another?

Thanks,

JMHappy

FL

We've been in 7208 several times, it would be my choice. I just like being a little lower to the water, and more centered on the back. But one deck up and one cabin over is really minimal change. The verandas on 7 are supposed to be slightly bigger than 8, but again minimal, and again unless you were comparing them side by side you'd never know the difference. Once we found 7208 we've just stuck with it, grab it while you can.

We are planning a cruise and love aft cabins. We have the choice of 7208 or 8170. When you look at the deck plans, it does not show the balcony size for the 7th floor aft.

I know either will be great, but is the a "better" choice....since I have an option? and why, is one bigger than another?

Thanks,

JMHappy

FL

I have actually measured out the aft balcony sizes on Deck 7 & 8:

Cabin 8170 Balcony is 19' 7" deep x 10' wide.

Cabin 7208 Balcony is 22' 7" deep x 10' wide.

As you can see, both are plenty big.

I have stayed in 7208 on the Infinity for 4 weeks and have a week scheduled in 7208 on the Millie. Only bad thing about the cabin is that X discovered how much people love these afts and decided to raise the price. It was a wonderful time when 6143/6144 were 2C's :(.

I have stayed in 7208 on the Infinity for 4 weeks and have a week scheduled in 7208 on the Millie. Only bad thing about the cabin is that X discovered how much people love these afts and decided to raise the price. It was a wonderful time when 6143/6144 were 2C's :(.

I don't think they were ever 2Cs, unless that was way before my time. I do agree, though, that it was a wonderful time when all concierge class cabins were the same price! Stayed in 6143 twice on that basis! And, yes, I'm afraid Celebrity figured out they could charge more for those 4 cabins and the afts after reading all the rave reviews on the boards.

Not to hi-jack the thread, but there was a flap a while ago about X removing loungers from aft verandas. As I recall, the resolution was that loungers would be provided if the passengers requested them.

Anyone know how this is working?

A recent cruise on HAL's Oosterdam in a rear cabin saw only dining chairs provided. When we complained we were given footstools! We certainly won't be spending several hundred more for an over-sized veranda with only dining chairs.

We did have 2 loungers, so did both our neighbours and the FV on the left.

We also had 3 chairs (1 declining) and 2 round tables.

Thanks for the info! Deep in my heart I knew HAL was a mistake. I was seduced by the itinerary/date.

Archived