We Will Never Cruise With RCI Again

My personal opinion is that what you stated in red is incorrect. If you could care less, that means you actually do care, because you could care less, but you don't.

The correct statement I believe you were looking for, is "I COULDN'T CARE LESS!"

They used an idiomatic expression. They used it correctly. You chastized them, even though they did nothing wrong. I think an appology or kind word is called for, no?

Nope!:D

watches do not have to be removed but shoes do now.

As we now have the machines that you keep your hands up watches not set the alarm off as they are above the area scanned.

Shoes are to be off as they recently started to enforce this part as they have always suggested that you wear slip on shoes. Belts as well are being asked to be removed.

This is from the government of Canada web site:

spacer.gifWhat To Wear

Since all passengers must pass through a walk-through metal detector, we suggest you decrease the likelihood of setting off the alarm:

• Dress comfortably with easy-to-remove outerwear, jackets, belts and slip-on shoes
  • Limit jewelry to small earrings, watches, wedding bands/engagement rings, eyeglasses
  • Wear clothing without snaps, metal buttons, or studs
  • Avoid wearing shoes with metal arches, buckles, steel-toes or shanks
  • Avoid wearing belts with metal buckles.
  • Remove hidden body piercings before you fly

Remember, if you set off the alarm while walking through the metal detector you will have to undergo further screening to determine its source. This may include hand “wanding” and/or a physical search.

[/color]

They used an idiomatic expression. They used it correctly. You chastized them, even though they did nothing wrong. I think an appology or kind word is called for, no?

LOL ......it is funny that the individuals who attack others most often about typos or grammar are most often guilty of the things that they choose to attack others with.

Thanks!

watches do not have to be removed but shoes do now.

As we now have the machines that you keep your hands up watches not set the alarm off as they are above the area scanned.

Shoes are to be off as they recently started to enforce this part as they have always suggested that you wear slip on shoes. Belts as well are being asked to be removed.

This is from the government of Canada web site:

spacer.gifWhat To Wear

Since all passengers must pass through a walk-through metal detector, we suggest you decrease the likelihood of setting off the alarm:

• Dress comfortably with easy-to-remove outerwear, jackets, belts and slip-on shoes
  • Limit jewelry to small earrings, watches, wedding bands/engagement rings, eyeglasses
  • Wear clothing without snaps, metal buttons, or studs
  • Avoid wearing shoes with metal arches, buckles, steel-toes or shanks
  • Avoid wearing belts with metal buckles.
  • Remove hidden body piercings before you fly

Remember, if you set off the alarm while walking through the metal detector you will have to undergo further screening to determine its source. This may include hand “wanding” and/or a physical search.

Shoes are not required to be taken off in Canada. Some larger shoes/boots will be asked to be removed though (eg work boots or platforms). We fly all the time, as recently as last week, and have never been asked to remove footwear in Canada.

The list you provided are "suggestions" similar to the "suggested" MDR attire.;):p

One of about 8,000 reasons why I am glad I don't drink. Never have, never will. Such nonsense.

So they opened your bag, let you keep your wine, and let you go . Big Deal! If this alone would have you swear off RCCL altogether, perhaps you never belonged there in the first place.

What did you expect the crew member to do, kiss your a$$ for doing his/her job??:eek:

Shoes are not required to be taken off in Canada. Some larger shoes/boots will be asked to be removed though (eg work boots or platforms). We fly all the time, as recently as last week, and have never been asked to remove footwear in Canada.

The list you provided are "suggestions" similar to the "suggested" MDR attire.;):p

I fly a lot for work as well and as of 5 days ago at Toronto I was asked to remove my shoes/belt as were all the others in line. I was wearing running shoes.

It maybe new or maybe the crew that was working that day but I was surprised as well.

I fly a lot for work as well and as of 5 days ago at Toronto I was asked to remove my shoes/belt as were all the others in line. I was wearing running shoes.

It maybe new or maybe the crew that was working that day but I was surprised as well.

Was in TO last week too and was not asked to remove footwear.:confused::confused:

[/color]

Being an idiom is irrelevant to the fact that it is grammatically incorrect. At least incorrect based on the implied meaning and "tone" of the author.

Your definition of chastised and mine vary greatly. And for the record, you spelled chastised incorrectly! ;)

See, now you coerced me into contributing my third post to this train wreck. At this rate it will only be a matter of days before I reach my 3,000 posts and obtain the next astute level of this forum! :eek:

Dan.

I'm just surprised so many of us would post a reply to the original poster. Does anyone really care that she won't cruise RCCL again because the cruise line only did their job?

I'm only posting now because it seems like a foolish post that provides nothing of interest to help fellow cruisers with any important issues or questions.

On to more enlightening threads.

Archived