I'm surprised there has not been more from the Dream passengers on here

FloridaGram

I've read enough to know you were able to get off the ship; we heard initially that you were not able to get off the ship. And that they brought in additional entertainment. If anyone would like to share more we would all love to hear your trip report.

I hope that you are all settled in at home and that your cruise was a happy time for you in spite of being out of the ordinary.

I've read enough to know you were able to get off the ship; we heard initially that you were not able to get off the ship.

I suspect that there is some confusion of communication here. I wouldn't be surprised if Carnival required passengers to stay aboard the first night as it appears that they thought they'd be able to repair the issue and sail sometime that night. It's clear that they were free to leave starting the following morning, though.

I've read enough to know you were able to get off the ship; we heard initially that you were not able to get off the ship. And that they brought in additional entertainment. If anyone would like to share more we would all love to hear your trip report.

I hope that you are all settled in at home and that your cruise was a happy time for you in spite of being out of the ordinary.

You may want to find the Dream review board. I believe they still have them. There may be some honest feedback from guests on the dream.

I suspect that there is some confusion of communication here. I wouldn't be surprised if Carnival required passengers to stay aboard the first night as it appears that they thought they'd be able to repair the issue and sail sometime that night. It's clear that they were free to leave starting the following morning, though.

That's a very good assumption.

Try this which is a thread to the Carnival Dream by a poster who told her side of the story.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=217041

Try this which is a thread to the Carnival Dream by a poster who told her side of the story.

That was really an interesting review, with one exception.

After snorkeling they took us to airplane beach to watch the planes take off and arrive.

That would be Maho Beach ;).

8885086_orig.jpg

I read that and went there. That is why I surprised that there was not any more postings.

There were probably over 3000 adults, surely more than one or two of them are CC members.

I read that and went there. That is why I surprised that there was not any more postings.

There were probably over 3000 adults, surely more than one or two of them are CC members.

I would imagine the vast majority of cruisers have never heard of cruise critic forums. Which makes the policing of cruisers behaviour by cruise critic forum members a mute point.

Yes, I had the same thoughts. I also wondered about the group that missed their cruise this week . Did you have and opportunity to book on another cruise or in Florida with plan b? hey, maybe they are enjoying vacation and not reading boards. :) Any thoughts?

Yes, I had the same thoughts. I also wondered about the group that missed their cruise this week . Did you have and opportunity to book on another cruise or in Florida with plan b? hey, maybe they are enjoying vacation and not reading boards. :) Any thoughts?

if you go to there rollcall for Dream for March 16th you can read what they said. A few of them even rebooked the dream for a future cruise. We leave for the Dream in November...can't wait.

I would imagine the vast majority of cruisers have never heard of cruise critic forums. Which makes the policing of cruisers behaviour by cruise critic forum members a mute point.

Besides, that was the March break cruise, a very expensive week that experienced cruisers with a flexible schedule avoid like the plague.

Honestly, not really much to tell. We all had a great time, they went above and beyond to make us all happy. St. Maarten is the place in the Caribean to get stranded in! Only thing I could complain about is the organization of informing passengers of their flights home. There was a lack of communication and confusion about the whole process, but, there is also 4300 flights that need to be arranged, so it was excepted.

And yes, they did not open the gangways up until Thursday morning, once they finally realized that we were not leaving.

One thing they did drop the ball on, was when we all left the ship Thursday to go back on St Maarten, we were told to enjoy and make sure that we were back by the following morning. Well, some of the younger guests took it literally and partied to the wee hours of the morning in St Maarten, to find out at 8 am, they need to get to the airport. Needless to say, they needed to be rebooked on their flights. Not a big deal, Carnival took care of them.

Oh to be young again!

Honestly, not really much to tell. We all had a great time, they went above and beyond to make us all happy. St. Maarten is the place in the Caribean to get stranded in! Only thing I could complain about is the organization of informing passengers of their flights home. There was a lack of communication and confusion about the whole process, but, there is also 4300 flights that need to be arranged, so it was excepted.

And yes, they did not open the gangways up until Thursday morning, once they finally realized that we were not leaving.

One thing they did drop the ball on, was when we all left the ship Thursday to go back on St Maarten, we were told to enjoy and make sure that we were back by the following morning. Well, some of the younger guests took it literally and partied to the wee hours of the morning in St Maarten, to find out at 8 am, they need to get to the airport. Needless to say, they needed to be rebooked on their flights. Not a big deal, Carnival took care of them.

Oh to be young again!

Yours seams tobe the story from all on board. That although sad that they didn't get to finish their cruise, not mad or upset over it either. Hmmm noone making wild claims of being held capitave, swerage running down the walls, not having anything to eat or drink. Not only are there only limited review on CC but no reports on conditions onboard by the media. One has to wonder why.

Yours seams tobe the story from all on board. That although sad that they didn't get to finish their cruise, not mad or upset over it either. Hmmm noone making wild claims of being held capitave, swerage running down the walls, not having anything to eat or drink. Not only are there only limited review on CC but no reports on conditions onboard by the media. One has to wonder why.

Are you confusing Triumph with Dream?

The reports I saw were the passengers couldn't leave the ship, which made sense, and elevators and toilets were not working, and one public bathroom had overflowing toilets.

All of which turned out to be true.

The most interesting thing about the Dream incident is in the numbers.

The majority of people who are happy about the situation DON'T POST !!!!

Those who have some gripes DO POST!!!

I can only assume that we should weigh the information that is posted about all cruises and discount about 80 percent of it since the numbers are skewed.

We talked to a lot of people on board the ship and overheard many conversations as well. Not one person that we talked to or heard was upset about what happened or had anything negative to say about the ship or crew. The only time I saw grumpy people was when we were waiting in line to get our flights changed. Only one couple I saw was obviously very upset. Everyone just dealt with it and made the best of it.

The elevators and toilets being down was a minor inconvenience, and the overflowing toilets were blown way out of proportion. The toilets weren't spewing sewage as some would have you believe. A couple public restrooms had full toilets because people kept peeing into them when they could not be flushed.

Archived