New mattresses on the Enchantment

I did a search, and the only post-refurbishment mention of mattresses was somebody who had been in an outside cabin, and they don't think they were new.

There was some discussion on this when Radio was on there recently, and I don't remember seeing a verdict whether the balcony cabins got new mattresses. He mentioned about a new couch.....a new coffee table and new drapes. (I also noticed they got updated TV's)

I'm hoping somebody out there can give me a readout on that. Better yet would be to find somebody sailing now who could find a big honcho on the ship that would know for sure the answer to that question.

Anybody ????

I did a search, and the only post-refurbishment mention of mattresses was somebody who had been in an outside cabin, and they don't think they were new.

There was some discussion on this when Radio was on there recently, and I don't remember seeing a verdict whether the balcony cabins got new mattresses. He mentioned about a new couch.....a new coffee table and new drapes. (I also noticed they got updated TV's)

I'm hoping somebody out there can give me a readout on that. Better yet would be to find somebody sailing now who could find a big honcho on the ship that would know for sure the answer to that question.

Anybody ????

We board next week, so I will let you know.

FWIW - Two years ago on the Enchantment, we got a new mattress in the middle of the cruise. They loaded on tractor trailers of new mattresses in Port Canaveral. Our room steward told us they replace them on a rotating basis rather than all at once.

I was on in January of this year just after the refurb and I'm not sure if we had a new mattress or not, but we were comfortable.

we were on Enchantment a couple of weeks ago in a balcony cabin (#7584) and although the sofa, coffee table, vanity chair and carpeting appeared quite new, I don't think the mattress was new. It was fairly comfortable, however. :)

FWIW - Two years ago on the Enchantment, we got a new mattress in the middle of the cruise. They loaded on tractor trailers of new mattresses in Port Canaveral. Our room steward told us they replace them on a rotating basis rather than all at once.

I was on in January of this year just after the refurb and I'm not sure if we had a new mattress or not, but we were comfortable.

The Hotel Director on Monarch told us that mattresses are replaced as you described. He did tell us the frequency of replacement but I don't recall the specific time between replacement.

well........Just was hoping that during that "major overhaul" they'd swap out ?all or a majority of them since it was not your "normal drydock"....

I appreciate whoever is sailing soon can ask about mattresses (more specifically balcony cabins)

as a sidebar, I thought I had read somewhere that they don't throw out the mattresses.....they donate them to a good cause (like I've heard Labadee has been one place they've off loaded them)

Archived