Has anyone done Day Passes at Coco Reef Resort?

LizzieTrowbridge

Just got back yesterday from Bermuda, sailed on the Breakaway.

Wanted to thank everyone here for all the info on Coco Reef.

We went on Friday, our last day in Bermuda and had such a fantastic time, that I didn't want to leave :) (ended up getting back on the boat at 4:15, posted time was 4:30)

I would highly recommend this for those who have been to Bermuda before, and are looking for a quiet out of the way place to enjoy the sun and surf.

Easy to get to...ferry to Hamilton...taxi to the resort. The resort called for the taxi when we were ready to leave.

Perfect way to relax while in Bermuda. The only thing I would do different would be to book it for the 2nd day, so there would be no rush to get back to the ship.

Loved it

Hi Everyone,

Are the Taxi's right at the dock where the Ferry lets you off in Hamilton...Is it pretty easy coming and going?

After reading all the good things, we will be going to Coco Reef in a couple weeks on our Cruise.

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Are the Taxi's right at the dock where the Ferry lets you off in Hamilton...Is it pretty easy coming and going?

After reading all the good things, we will be going to Coco Reef in a couple weeks on our Cruise.

Thanks

There is a taxi stand to the right on Front St just after you leave the Hamilton Ferry Terminal. I would say it is less than ¼ mile walk.

HamiltonDock.jpg

SBtS

• 2 weeks later...
We went to Coco Reef last Thursday from the Breakaway and had "THE BEST DAY EVER!" So easy.

Really lovely place right next door to the Elbow Beach hotel. We had bought three day transportation passes so we took the first ferry to Hamilton in the morning (20 minutes) and the # 7 bus from the depot in Hamilton to the Stop for "Bermuda College" (10 minutes)--We heard it was like a $60 cab ride from the dockyard!

We just walked up the street past the college --maybe a 10 minute or less walk (shorter than the walk up or down the hill to Horseshoe Beach) and walked right into the beautiful lobby. Paid $49 each on our credit card and were given two towels each and told we could use the facilities all day. Lounge chairs by the pool and beach, umbrellas, restroom with showers, and an excellent lunch with wine or beer at a beautiful outdoor patio (you could eat in the restaurant too if you want).

I took a walk over to the public beach at Elbow and there were guys from the hotel with loungers there charging $50 for two chairs and an umbrella. No towels, no facilities and NO LUNCH!!! You would have to buy it at Mickey's. I thought our deal was very worthwhile. I'll post some pics!

Would love to do the day pass (website says it is now $59 each). We would take the bus, since we have my 4 year old son with us so no taxi. Looking on google maps it looks like it is a long walk from the main road to where the resort is. Has anyone else done this by bus? We would just do the bus from the dockyard. About how long would that be? And is it obvious how to get to the beach/resort from the "Bermuda College" bus stop? Thanks!!

Just returned from Bermuda today. On Thursday, we took the ferry to Hamilton, then a cab [$15 incl tip] to Coco Reef for a fantastic day- swimming, dining and relaxing by the pool. The resort is beautiful and something I am considering for a long week end in January to escape the cold and get in a little golf.

Lots of dining space on the terrace, lounges around the pool, shower and changing room adjacent to the pool area. There's a path and long series of steps down to the beach below the dunes. Their beach is rocky, so you have to walk a bit to use the beach closer to Elbow.

In the late afternoon, the desk called a cab for the 6 of us. We planned to head back to Hamilton and catch the ferry, but asked our driver for a price back to the Breakaway. He quoted about $40, but due to a little traffic it came to $44 - not bad for sharing the cost for 3 couples.

The cab picks up and drops at the front entry to the resort. Not sure about the bus stop - but given the narrow roads and somewhat limited side walks, I'm glad we took the cab.

Darcy

Coco Reef Resort is located on the eastern end of Elbow Beach. The Four Seasons Elbow Beach is located at the mid point of the beach, about 1000 feet west of Coco Reef. Great spot for a very nice lunch at Mickey's on the beach at Elbow.

Saw this posted on another forum. The price of the day pass is increasing to $59.00, and the link to it http://www.cocoreefbermuda.com/index...arousel-item-1

This was posted originally by member gaylemh.

SBtS

Email from the resort said the increase will be effective next cruise season 2014.

Anyone that is already booked will pay the $49.

We did Coco Reef on a day pass in September. Well worth the money. Place is beautiful, right on Elbow Beach. Lunch was awesome, had the fish sandwich and some wine. The staff was very accommodating !! Plenty of towels. chairs, the even offered my wife a blow dryer after we were done for the day. All this for 49.00!! No crowds, no fighting for a place on the beach. They also keep the amount of people to a minimum so reserve a place ( no pre payment ) for the day. :cool:

Also. traveling there is easy and not expensive.

We took the ferry to Hamilton and then a taxi to the resort.

Buy the 3 :cool:day pass or I think it is 3.00 for the day for ferry/bus service. The taxi cost us under 10.00 for 4 of us from Hamilton. On return we did the same in reverse.

Just returned from my Explorer cruise. I went to Coco Reef for the day, and for those that are interested it was $44 + tip each way, with 6 in the taxi. It cost us $18 each round trip including tip, and took about 35-40 minutes. It's cheaper with up to 4, but should work out to about the same amount per person.