Just Booked Valor

chrisedwards

Senor Frogs is just down the street from the Pier. It is across the street from the pier and next to the Sheraton Old San Juan. If your at the pier and look across the street and down to the left there is Senor Frogs.:)

DH and I had a great time there in 2010. We will be back there at Christmas time going on the Valor.:D

Ha - I did that itinerary on the Victory on 2011 but sailed the Valor in 2012 (my last two cruises). I did reviews for both and have links to them in my signature in case you want to wet your appetite for your vacation! Have a great time!

I have only been on one cruise several years ago on another cruise line. I just booked the Valor out of San Juan for June 30th. I got a great deal for 4 of us and the Itinerary looks outstanding. I was a little hesitant but after reading so many great reviews (especially from GAPearls) I just had to do it. I don't really have a question yet (but I am sure I will have tons) but I was so excited I had to tell someone. So there you have it anyone want to share tips or advice please do so. Did I mention I am so excited. :)

Congratulations! We are on this cruise also. Myself, my boy friend and my two grandsons (24 and 25). 100 days......

We just got back from this same itinerary last Sat. We really enjoyed the Valor and all the islands.

My wife mocked me for bringing a power strip but she was glad I did. There is 1 outlet in the bathroom and 1 in the cabin near the mirror, at least in our cheapo interior cabin.

On St. Kitts we did an impromptu trip up to Brimstone Hill fortress. We're very glad we did. The views from there are incredible! We found a cab in town at "the circus". The driver, Matey, took all 4 of us up and back for $50. He waited while we toured the fort.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi Sue and Tim .... I've only posted in the roll call a few times but I read it daily.

My mom (Bristol) posts often in there. It'll be my mom, me and my 2 daughters, and yes we'll be at the M&Gs ... look forward to meeting everyone.

Okay, I know who you are now. Sorry, I didn't recognize your screen name. Glad we'll see all of you in a week's time!!!

Just booked the Valor for this December! I'm not one to wish my summer away, but damn!

Lol! I feel your pain! We are booked on this awesome itinerary as well but not until January. Summer definitely needs to come and go so I can get my cruise fix :D

We were on Valor last fall. While I can't comment on any of your ports of call (since I haven't done any of them), I can comment on the ship. And let me tell you, Valor is a great ship! Best piece of advice I can give you, don't skip Scarlett's Steakhouse as it's not to be missed! The food was fan-freakin-tastic! Best meal we've had at sea. You won't be sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

ry%3D480

Just a little note for everyone sailing soon- that used to be the sushi bar on the right and it's now the taste bar that's being added to some ships. Every day, they offer a "taste" of something from the 2.0 restaurants- Blue Iguana, Cucina Del Capitano, etc.

We are sailing on the Valor next January. Really looking forward to not only the ship, but the great itinerary. Barbados is my favorite Caribbean island. Any suggestions on tour companies for St. Thomas, St. Kitts and St. Maarten. We will hit a beach in Barbados. Not sure which one yet. We're going to zip line in St. Lucia, likely with Treetops.

We were on the Dream this past December and absolutely loved it.

We are sailing on the Valor next January. Really looking forward to not only the ship, but the great itinerary. Barbados is my favorite Caribbean island. Any suggestions on tour companies for St. Thomas, St. Kitts and St. Maarten. We will hit a beach in Barbados. Not sure which one yet. We're going to zip line in St. Lucia, likely with Treetops.

We were on the Dream this past December and absolutely loved it.

Do the zipline with TreeTop Adventure Park; you won't be disappointed. Are you just doing the zip or did you book the Triple Adventure? I booked the later and I enjoyed it...though I did think the jeep safari would be something different. We got the same tour as others in vans, the only difference was we got to stand up in the jeep once off the main roads...the downside was it rained on us on the way back. But it was thrilling!

St. Thomas - Godfrey

St. Kitts - Royston

St. Maarten - Bernard's

I enjoyed all tours and would use them again. I did a lengthy review, but no pictures. I may not have stated everything that we did. But with Royston, we did Romney Manor, Bastik Castle, Brimstone Fort, the Black Rock Beach (I made the name up because I can't remember the real name, but it's sooooooooo pretty there), we stopped at another beach with monkeys, food was provided, we had the tree with liquor bottles hanging from it, and some other stops.

Bernard's was touring Dutch and French side, stop at the famous bakery whose name escapes me, Orient Beach, a view of Pinel Island, some other lookouts...just a fine time all around.

Just a little note for everyone sailing soon- that used to be the sushi bar on the right and it's now the taste bar that's being added to some ships. Every day, they offer a "taste" of something from the 2.0 restaurants- Blue Iguana, Cucina Del Capitano, etc.

The valor don't have the taste bar. You got me excited about it though :(

Sent from my iPad

Congrats on booking your cruise! It is a fabulous itinerary, and I know you will love all of the ports :) I just did the same itinerary on the Victory in December. There is a link to my detailed review of my cruise with lots of photos in my signature below... the parts about the Victory won't pertain to your sailing, but there is a lot of information that you might find helpful about each of the ports (including two days in Old San Juan pre-cruise and 1 day on Condado post-cruise)

We just booked the Valor out of San Juan for next spring break (March 2014). We will two days in San Juan first, and we love San Juan. And what is so nice about this cruise is that except for San Juan and St. Thomas, both where we have done full week vacations (these have also been cruise port stops for us before for us before), all of the other stops are new. This is one of the few Carribean itinaries that gives us new port. It really looks like a great cruise and I've heard so many positive reviews. Congradulations and enjoy!

The valor don't have the taste bar. You got me excited about it though :(

Sent from my iPad

Yes she does. I just sailed her a month and a half ago. I didn't try any of the offerings when I passed by because they all had beef or pork or something I don't eat, but it was there. :)

Congrats on your upcoming cruise. I will be on the Valor in January, and can't wait. This will be the 3rd Valor cruise. I look forward to seeing her again. :)

I see you put the pictures of your room from my review in your signature. Just a little excited? LOL :D

Yes she does. I just sailed her a month and a half ago. I didn't try any of the offerings when I passed by because they all had beef or pork or something I didn't eat, but it was there. :)

Oh I'm really glad then. It isn't listed on carnival.com under the taste bar, but I believe you.

Sent from my iPad

Archived