Airfare to Europe through Carnival??

13cheermom

Just wondered if many have had experience with purchasing airfare through Carnival? And if so what kind of experience did you have? Normally purchase my own airfare for travel however, because of distance of flight to Europe concerned about transfers and flights. Sort of feel like there is more security to booking with the cruise line for this trip. As of right now airfare is cheaper with the cruise line. Any comments would be greatly appreciated! :)

Read the sticky at the top of the forum. Booking air to Europe is no more complicated then domestic flights. Indeed, I would argue that in most European ports transfers are easier due to the superior public transportation systems. Lots of peeps here willing to help you figure out flights if you want to give dates and cities.

Thanks for the help. I really wanted to just hear of anyones experience with Carnival Air. Like I said, right now they have a better price than what I can book myself. I realize their route might not be the best one, but incase of emergencies I feel like they might be more helpful. Also the price of $1000/pp to Europe is a lot different than domestic $200/pp flights that I am used to. With the added risk I just want to cover all my bases. :)

Thanks for the help. I really wanted to just hear of anyones experience with Carnival Air. Like I said, right now they have a better price than what I can book myself. I realize their route might not be the best one, but incase of emergencies I feel like they might be more helpful. Also the price of $1000/pp to Europe is a lot different than domestic $200/pp flights that I am used to. With the added risk I just want to cover all my bases. :)

As suggested, start with the sticky and search for the posts from people who had things go very badly. Understand the additional risks you take on for a possible airfare savings. Then, you can make an informed decision on whether the risks are acceptable to you.

Like I said, right now they have a better price than what I can book myself.

While Carnival Air MAY have a better price, it is highly likely that you are NOT getting the same ticket. MAY be the same plane, same flight number, same itinerary. BUT the underlying FARE RULES will generally NOT be the same.

As everyone has said, read the sticky. Then ask your questions for whatever you don't understand (if anything).

Also, post your dates and the from/to airports and we will all see if we can't get you someplace close to the same price. Flying the European airlines almost guarantees a better flight experience. And sometimes you can have a "mini" vacation just by flying the European airlines.

Archived