Our Cruise on the Carnival Freedom w/ Lots of Pics

wrigley80

I'm really enjoying your review. SIL and her family are on this same cruise in May so I forwarded this to her to see all your great pictures.

I see you're from Kirkland - I'm working at our Genoa location today - we have several employees from your town. Also big "always next year" Cubs fans too! At least we have the Cubs minor league team now in Geneva to go watch.

Looking forward to more of your review!

I'm really enjoying your review. SIL and her family are on this same cruise in May so I forwarded this to her to see all your great pictures.

I see you're from Kirkland - I'm working at our Genoa location today - we have several employees from your town. Also big "always next year" Cubs fans too! At least we have the Cubs minor league team now in Geneva to go watch.

Looking forward to more of your review!

Small world.....huh???? Where is it that you work in Genoa??

The Cubs are now affiliated with the Kane County Cougars. I didn't know that.....to tell you the truth I'm not at all excited about baseball season starting. The Cubs are gonna be a dismal team again this year

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida085_zps28ca1832.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida092_zpsf3561034.jpg

I love your door Brianna!! :D I always decorate my door as well, it makes it so easy to find!! Would you mind if I borrow your idea on my next cruise? To be honest, I've been running out of them and I love this!! :D What did you write around each picture (besides the ship's name of course)? The Freedom is one of my favourite ships, I've sailed on her twice!!

I also love your Dad's hat, I'm a huge NASCAR fan myself!! :D Who is/are his favourite driver(s)? Mine are Jeff Gordon (who I've loved since about 1992) and Brad Keselowski (who I'm close personal friends with)!! :D You're a good photographer, awesome pic with the ship in the backlground!!

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida382_zps5b6cb745.jpg

This is the pier in Ocho Rios....it is very long but we did notice that they had wheelchairs at the gangway for anyone that needed one. That is wonderful because that pier is horrible :eek:

When we were there in December, we 'parked' right up next to the cruise terminal so the walk was very short. Wonder why they had you all the way out at the end when there weren't any other ships? Maybe it was a different port?

I have always wanted to do a cruise over Christmas someday. Our next cruise isn't until December and I am already going through withdrawals ;)

We have been on a Christmas cruise 3 years in a row now. First two were out of San Juan which was really nice because the weather was always 82 the whole time. Out of Florida, you get mixed weather at that time of the year. Best thing is the ship is all decorated for the holiday and they have Christmas dinner and activities, like caroling and presents for the kids!

This time was no different we decided to rent with Sunshine Scooters because they had the best rates. I am so happy that we rented from them because they were so friendly. There is a van that will pick you up in the port area and then return you to the port when you are done with your car for the day. Our driver was Tommy Lee. He was absolutely wonderful...he even offered me a job if I move down to Key West. He said I could come work at Sunshine Scooters...sounds like a good offer to me[/size][/b]

I agree... Sunshine Scooters is THE BEST!!!! Loveeeee them :D We go straight there when in Key West for scoters, bikes, whatever. Awesome people!!

Edited by AtoZgirl

Brianna I have a question about the camera you used. I know you said that you had a Nikon S30 Underwater Camera. Is that what you used for all of your pics?

Btw...the sunset pics were awesome! I also saw your review for the Stingray swim in the Caymans. I had looked into another one but I think I am going to switch now to the one you & your Dad. Thanks for all the information and advice you have given about everything. I cannot wait to sit in a Clamshell in the Serenity Deck!

I love your door Brianna!! :D I always decorate my door as well, it makes it so easy to find!! Would you mind if I borrow your idea on my next cruise? To be honest, I've been running out of them and I love this!! :D What did you write around each picture (besides the ship's name of course)? The Freedom is one of my favourite ships, I've sailed on her twice!!

I also love your Dad's hat, I'm a huge NASCAR fan myself!! :D Who is/are his favourite driver(s)? Mine are Jeff Gordon (who I've loved since about 1992) and Brad Keselowski (who I'm close personal friends with)!! :D You're a good photographer, awesome pic with the ship in the backlground!!

You are more than welcome to use my idea for the door decoration. We like decorating our door as well. Around each picture I put the name of the ship, the date when we went, what ports of call we went to, and what cruise number It was.

Our favorite NASCAR driver is Danica Patrick. She grew up in a town about 15 minutes from us. It's always fun to watch the underdog achieve success. She has got a ways to go but I think what we all saw at Daytona is a good starting off point.

Thanks for taking the time to do this review! I've thoroughly enjoyed it and I LOVE the Freedom!:D

Thank you for taking the time to read my review. I'm happy you liked it. We really enjoyed the Freedom as well but what's not to love......hehe

When we were there in December, we 'parked' right up next to the cruise terminal so the walk was very short. Wonder why they had you all the way out at the end when there weren't any other ships? Maybe it was a different port?

We have been on a Christmas cruise 3 years in a row now. First two were out of San Juan which was really nice because the weather was always 82 the whole time. Out of Florida, you get mixed weather at that time of the year. Best thing is the ship is all decorated for the holiday and they have Christmas dinner and activities, like caroling and presents for the kids!

Yeah it may have been how we were pulled in at Ocho Rios but the pier was sooooo long.

We have a pretty small family so a cruise at Christmas sounds like a great way to celebrate the Holidays

Lovin' your review and pictures. Key West looks like so much fun, I'd love to visit on a cruise sometime soon! Those pretzels looked amazing. :) Looking forward to more of your review!!!

Thank you for taking the time to read my review. Key West is an amazing place to visit.....we love it there.

Those pretzels were sooooo good. It really makes eating a soft pretzel here at home just not the same anymore.

I agree... Sunshine Scooters is THE BEST!!!! Loveeeee them :D We go straight there when in Key West for scoters, bikes, whatever. Awesome people!!

That was the first time we rented from Sunshine Scooters but we definitely know where we will go next time. Tommy Lee was so much fun......he was such a sweet guy.

Brianna I have a question about the camera you used. I know you said that you had a Nikon S30 Underwater Camera. Is that what you used for all of your pics?

Btw...the sunset pics were awesome! I also saw your review for the Stingray swim in the Caymans. I had looked into another one but I think I am going to switch now to the one you & your Dad. Thanks for all the information and advice you have given about everything. I cannot wait to sit in a Clamshell in the Serenity Deck!

The Nikon S30 camera was what I used for my underwater pictures in Grand Cayman. My primary camera is a Panasonic Lumix point and shoot digital camera. I carry it with me everywhere on the ship.

I highly recommend using MarineLand tours in Grand Cayman....they were wonderful. You book them through the ship.....the excursion is called Deluxe Stingray City Tour.

The clamshells are amazing at night. Definitely make it a point to go up there some night to lay out and look under the stars. It is so tranquil and peaceful at night

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida106_zpsebdcc6c2.jpg

My dad always gives me a bunch of crap that my car has to many cruising stickers on the back window. Now if my car looked like this he would have something to complain about :p

"[/size][/b]

Hey, that pickup has grown more sticker since we were there in February 2011. Are you sure you didn't add all those stickers? :D

Here is our picture:

DSCF9848_zpsed75f19d.jpg

Hey, that pickup has grown more sticker since we were there in February 2011. Are you sure you didn't add all those stickers? :D

Here is our picture:

DSCF9848_zpsed75f19d.jpg

Oh wow....that is so cool. :D :) No I didn't add any but now I wish I would have put a Ron Jon Surf Shop Key West sticker. Thank You for posting this

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida413_zpsa8dc2fd6.jpg

Tonight was the Past Guest Party so we were excited to go to that. This was probably one of the better past guest parties that we have been to. I ordered a couple Miami Vice's and had no problems getting a special order.

I've got a couple side notes to add about this cruise that I previously had not mentioned before........

• The Playlist Production shows on this cruise were boring. They were lacking an excitement and pizazz from the singers and dancers. We always look forward to the production shows but this time we left disappointed. There were 3 shows over the 6 day cruise......The Brits, All that Jazz, and Motor City were the 3 shows but they were lacking any real interest. And it wasn't just us there were a lot of people who got up and left during the performances.
  • The comedians were also really bad....it's pretty bad when they are the only one's laughing at their jokes.

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida415_zpsa38f496c.jpg

I forgot a picture of my dinner that night but this was my dad's flat iron steak. That is what he ordered every night :p

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida426_zps9dde485c.jpg

Baked Alaska

Now I may have already said it before but I can't remember ;) so I will mention it again. Our favorite part about eating in the dining room is when the waiters sing and dance. Now we ate dinner around 6:00 pm each night in the Chic Dining Room (anytime dining) and waiters performed between 7:15-7:30 pm each night.

Our favorite performance was the Gangnam Style dance..........

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida418_zps7144b18b.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida420_zpsb877d3f6.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida424_zpsc6f17e78.jpg

Alan was trying to get my Dad to join in

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida425_zpsf91f2842.jpg

Edited by wrigley80

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida094_zps937f7bf2.jpg

It's always pretty cool to check out the sculptures at the Custom House in Key West

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida093_zps0b4430bd.jpg

Hold Me....You Fool ;)

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida095_zps97ac464b.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida096_zpsea326d1c.jpg

My gosh Dad will you please help the little old lady with her groceries :p

These pictures are so lovely and so very special!

My late brother went cruising last October with his family (Key West/Ocho Rios).

Seeing these pics just reminded me of their cruise pictures.

So happy you all enjoyed a lot.

Going on my ever first cruise in December.

Love the review! Went on the freedom Nov 2012 but different itinerary. Going again July 2013 with the same itinerary as you. Thank for posting your trip, looking forward to cruising in 101 days!

Thank-You....you will love this itinerary :D

These pictures are so lovely and so very special!

My late brother went cruising last October with his family (Key West/Ocho Rios).

Seeing these pics just reminded me of their cruise pictures.

So happy you all enjoyed a lot.

Going on my ever first cruise in December.

Congratulations on your first cruise....I'm sure it won't be your last. What ship will you be going on???