Our Cruise on the Carnival Freedom w/ Lots of Pics

wrigley80

I love your review!!!! love your writing style and the big font, and the pics. Did you do any other reviews? I would love to read them. Thanks for taking the time to write this review. GREAT JOB!!!:D

Thank-You for reading my review. Yes I have done three other reviews....I will provide the link for you to check out my other reviews

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1622491 **** this was for my cruise on the Carnival Fantasy

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1715648 **** this was for my cruise on the Carnival Legend

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1758968 **** this was for my back-to-back cruise on the Carnival Ecstasy and Carnival Sensation

Now the cruise portion of my review is complete :) however I want to include our post-cruise vacation pictures from our three days in Orlando and Daytona Beach.

After the cruise we went to Everglades Holiday Park....this is the same Everglades Park where Gator Boys is filmed. All the post-cruise everglades excursions come here. When we arrived the people on cruise excursions were arriving as well

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida479_zps1f746b30.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida483_zps5c762061.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida484_zpsc85b236f.jpg

Were on the airboat ready to begin. We were ready to see some gators

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida486_zps9abb9bfd.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida514_zpsa26b04e2.jpg

Another airboat out in the Everglades

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida518_zps26a7f337.jpg

Now after the Airboat Ride we walked back up on top of the hill for the Alligator Show.

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida520_zps55f8d92c.jpg

For anyone who watches Gator Boys on Animal Planet....this is Scott. He was doing the Gator Show

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida521_zps83ead85d.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida522_zps00001e39.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida524_zps06ea4f13.jpg

A Beautiful Peacock at Everglades Holiday Park

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida525_zps0c5ec10e.jpg

As we were leaving the Everglades Holiday Park. This excursion was a lot of fun. We drove here with our rental car because we were driving on to Orlando. The drive from here to Orlando was about 3 hours up the Florida Turnpike

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida527_zps8ae45f85.jpg

I love this road sign. I mean who wouldn't be happy living in a town called "Yeehaw Junction." :D

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida076_zps7e8bfe7f.jpg

Dad and Alan...he was the Head Team Waiter. He was awesome. If you have Your Time Dining on the Freedom...ask for Alan's section

ALAN!!! oh I miss him already! haha we had him twice we loved him and Milos such sweethearts love your review :) I am super super lazy on posting mine haha im like two cruises behind on reviews already well four cruises lol love reading this had to comment already though Alan is wonderful I have to agree with you :)

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida076_zps7e8bfe7f.jpg

Dad and Alan...he was the Head Team Waiter. He was awesome. If you have Your Time Dining on the Freedom...ask for Alan's section

ALAN!!! oh I miss him already! haha we had him twice we loved him and Milos such sweethearts love your review :) I am super super lazy on posting mine haha im like two cruises behind on reviews already well four cruises lol love reading this had to comment already though Alan is wonderful I have to agree with you :)

We were on the same cruise with you.....we may have sat with you at dinner and not even known about it. How was your cruise???

We were on the same cruise with you.....we may have sat with you at dinner and not even known about it. How was your cruise???

I recognised the username! you were in the roll call I totally missed the meet up :( fell asleep haha I loved the Freedom loved loved the entire MDR Staff Alan, Henry, Milos, Jackie, Christina, Jessoip, Pedro judit did you consumption, all the staff were just wonderful :)

Loved the entertainment staff Victor was hilarious but it was nice to hear some English accents haha one of the entertainment staff came from a town which is about an hour from where I live which was insane all the entertainment staff was nice

Lousica the bar tender at the lobby bar was wonderful from Slovakia :)

I had such a brilliant time on the freedom I cannot wait to go on her again :) this time though we are going on the Glory the end of this year so we shall see how we like that

Oh that would be awesome!! Thank you so much! Have a great trip.

Thanks!! matter of fact, send me your email (if you're ok with it) and I'll just email you how it went with pics ;)

Gerry

I agree... Sunshine Scooters is THE BEST!!!! Loveeeee them :D We go straight there when in Key West for scoters, bikes, whatever. Awesome people!!

I wanted to rent a scooter, but my hubby doesn't want me to ride one in Key west, he says it's too crazy busy on the streets and doesn't want me to get hurt lol :o anyone have any issues with riding the scooters around town?

I recognised the username! you were in the roll call I totally missed the meet up :( fell asleep haha I loved the Freedom loved loved the entire MDR Staff Alan, Henry, Milos, Jackie, Christina, Jessoip, Pedro judit did you consumption, all the staff were just wonderful :)

Loved the entertainment staff Victor was hilarious but it was nice to hear some English accents haha one of the entertainment staff came from a town which is about an hour from where I live which was insane all the entertainment staff was nice

Lousica the bar tender at the lobby bar was wonderful from Slovakia :)

I had such a brilliant time on the freedom I cannot wait to go on her again :) this time though we are going on the Glory the end of this year so we shall see how we like that

Yeah not many people came to the meet and greet :( My dad and I commented that of all the Carnival ships that we have been on we thought the crew were outstanding on the Freedom.

Alan, Adi, and Milos in the Chic Dining Room

Hery ---- bar waiter on the Serenity Deck during the day and bar waiter in the Chic Dining Room

Tereza ---- bar waiter in the Lobby Bar

We had an amazing time on the Freedom.....we are excited to go on the Sunshine in December.

Post your review of the Freedom. I wanna see if I recognize you guys from around the ship

I wanted to rent a scooter, but my hubby doesn't want me to ride one in Key west, he says it's too crazy busy on the streets and doesn't want me to get hurt lol :o anyone have any issues with riding the scooters around town?

The streets are busy and if you're not used to driving a scooter....I wouldn't to try to learn in Key West. It sounds like an electric car would be perfect for you.

If you are used to riding a scooter you won't have any problems

The streets are busy and if you're not used to driving a scooter....I wouldn't to try to learn in Key West. It sounds like an electric car would be perfect for you.

If you are used to riding a scooter you won't have any problems

Gootcha, yea we'll probably just hang on the ship by ourselves or just walk around again then :) thanks!

anyone know how far of a walk it is from the pier to the "90 miles to Cuba" marker?

Our first full day in Orlando we just spent driving around, shopping, and sightseeing. It was a nice laid back day in Orlando and that was exactly what we needed after 7 busy days on the Carnival Freedom

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida536_zps89802046.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida537_zpsaebf41f4.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida538_zps96798e4e.jpg

We went and did some shopping and sightseeing at Downtown Disney

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida543_zps191371d1.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida542_zps28a68840.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida547_zps01eda41a.jpg

We headed back to the hotel around 1:00 pm because I wanted to get in the pool. We stayed at the Baymont Inn and Suites on Black Lake Road. I got the hotel through Hotwire for an awesome price. It was a perfect location right off of Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway.

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida549_zps77c0b900.jpg

Anyone who has drove on Irlo Bronson Highway will know this place.....Orange World. We bought some oranges and grapefruit and had them shipped home :p

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida550_zps06d5befb.jpg

I was so tempted to go up and grab one of the oranges on the bottom of the pyramid....would that be wrong???? :p

Love your reviews and pictures! I enjoyed seeing the airboat pictures too, we went stopped and spent the day at Coopertown Airboats back in 2011 on our way to the Keys. It was a great way to break up the long car ride from home!

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida547_zps01eda41a.jpg

We headed back to the hotel around 1:00 pm because I wanted to get in the pool. We stayed at the Baymont Inn and Suites on Black Lake Road. I got the hotel through Hotwire for an awesome price. It was a perfect location right off of Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway.

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida549_zps77c0b900.jpg

Anyone who has drove on Irlo Bronson Highway will know this place.....Orange World. We bought some oranges and grapefruit and had them shipped home :p

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida550_zps06d5befb.jpg

I was so tempted to go up and grab one of the oranges on the bottom of the pyramid....would that be wrong???? :p

I lived a few minutes from here when I first moved to Florida :)

One thing that my dad really wanted to do was to take a Helicopter ride over Orlando. I wasn't too fond of that idea because I don't like to fly. I told my dad to go ahead and go and I would take pictures of him from the ground.

We stopped at Orlando Helicopters on Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway. My dad went into see about taking a ride. I waited for him outside. I decided to go see what was taking him so long....he was buying a ride for the both of us. WHAT.......I wasn't sure about this but I knew it was something that my dad wanted to do and I didn't want him to go by himself. I couldn't let my buddy go alone :)

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida553_zps092adfd1.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida554_zps01bb8f7d.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida556_zpsbb019d74.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida555_zpsd93d3be1.jpg

We had a couple groups in front of us so I took some pictures of the helicopter while we were waiting for our turn.

We bought the 10 minute ride that went over EPCOT, Downtown Disney, Typhoon Lagoon, Sea World, Nickelodeon Resort, Gaylord Palms Resort, among other places

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida558_zpse0292aea.jpg

Just before we headed out to board he helicopter

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida559_zps7f954a42.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida560_zps45023a8a.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida561_zps8bc4ba00.jpg

We were all ready for take-off

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida566_zpsf52fbc10.jpg

Up, Up, and Away.....