Our Cruise on the Carnival Freedom w/ Lots of Pics

wrigley80

Thanks Brianna! I have looked at several web sites deck plans (even Carnival.com) and none of them show the serenity deck.

But I knew it was somewhere because I saw it in your pictures. (I actually went thru your review for a 2nd time this week and looked at all your pictures :D)

I just love them, I can see/feel the love and fun you and your Dad have together and it warms my heart.

We are pretty sure we are going to go ahead book the Freedom 8 day on 12/13/14.

Maybe it will have the upgrades by then (or maybe it won't) we'll have a wonderful time anyway. We are cruising with friends we made on the Glory in 2006.

I'll be looking forward to more reviews from you. I'm a Wrigley50 fan for sure.

I'm so happy I could help you. I'm sure the 2.0 upgrades will be done by then and you will have a great time.

I will definitely be doing a review for our back-to-back cruises in December. I will be doing 2 separate reviews though....one for the Imagination and of course one for the SUNSHINE!!! I can't wait to cruise on the Sunshine.

My dad is my best friend....there is no other person I want to cruise with. My dad is a diabetic with deteriorating vision so I want to enjoy every minute that I can with him. We do everything together!!!! Thank-You for your kind words. That made me cry today....

I spent my Saturday off and on reading your entire review! I absolutely loved reading it and am so sad to see it end! :( My partner and I will be traveling with family on this exact ship and itinerary this October! I can't wait to read a new one when you post it! Be sure to let me know! :)

I spent my Saturday off and on reading your entire review! I absolutely loved reading it and am so sad to see it end! :( My partner and I will be traveling with family on this exact ship and itinerary this October! I can't wait to read a new one when you post it! Be sure to let me know! :)

Thank-You....I'm happy that you enjoyed it. It was a wonderful vacation. The Freedom is a beautiful ship....we had a blast. We really enjoyed the 6-day itinerary (with the exception of Ocho Rios but it was nice to have a relaxing day onboard that day).

I am going on back-to-back cruise in December. First cruise will be on the Carnival Imagination and the second cruise will be on the Carnival Sunshine. I can't wait to see the Sunshine. I will definitely be doing another photo review of the Sunshine when we return....and I'm sure I will do one for the Imagination as well :p :) ;)

After playing trivia we headed outside on the promenade deck to watch us sail-away from Key West

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida185_zps4f1736fc.jpg

We were already quite-a-ways out to sea

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida191_zps1b60087c.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida192_zps83726ae9.jpg

This was always a nice place to sit and watch the beautiful blue water because there were hardly ever any people out here

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida193_zps7bd2e987.jpg

Can you tell me what deck these chair are on? This will be my go-to seating on the Freedom, and I haven't found out exactly where they are yet. Will be on the Freedom soon enough, can't wait! And thanks for the review, just went over all 22 pages, even though I won't be visiting any of those ports. Now I really can't wait!

Can you tell me what deck these chair are on? This will be my go-to seating on the Freedom, and I haven't found out exactly where they are yet. Will be on the Freedom soon enough, can't wait! And thanks for the review, just went over all 22 pages, even though I won't be visiting any of those ports. Now I really can't wait!

This is on Lobby Deck...just off the Lobby Bar, Guest Services, and Shore Excursion Desk area. The chairs and benches are on both sides of the ship. It's where my dad and I sat quite a few times....it was always very quiet out there. There were never too many people.

Enjoy your time on the Carnival Freedom!!!

Do you have links to your other reviews? I would love to read them! I loved your style of reviewing!

Yeah I have 3 other reviews. I will post the links to them when I get home tonight. I'm glad you liked my review....I really enjoy doing them

Do you have links to your other reviews? I would love to read them! I loved your style of reviewing!

Here are the links to my other reviews.....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1715648 ----- from our cruise on the Carnival Legend

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1622491 ------- from our cruise on the Carnival Fantasy

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1758968 ------ from our back-to-back cruise on the Carnival Ecstasy and Carnival Sensation

• 1 month later...

I know I'm bringing up an older thread but THANK YOU for the awesome review! I'm headed on the same itinerary in January and loved reading and seeing all about it!

Great detail!!!

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Forums mobile app

I know I'm bringing up an older thread but THANK YOU for the awesome review! I'm headed on the same itinerary in January and loved reading and seeing all about it!

Great detail!!!

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Forums mobile app

You're welcome....I'm happy you enjoyed it. You will love the Carnival Freedom....and this itinerary was awesome especially with the stop in Key West.

Hey Wrigley!!! LOVED THE REVIEW! We have a lot in common! We live just north of Rockford IL in Roscoe so we live in Danica's hometown. Her parents were customers of ours and she was a few years older than my boys in school! We sail on the Freedom on August 24th for the 8 day to Aruba! I can not wait!!! That is why when I saw your Freedom review I just had to read THE WHOLE THING! lol We sailed her to the Panama Canal in 2011 and loved it!

And yes we are die hard Cub fans and yes maybe next year but we love them every year no matter what!

Hey Wrigley!!! LOVED THE REVIEW! We have a lot in common! We live just north of Rockford IL in Roscoe so we live in Danica's hometown. Her parents were customers of ours and she was a few years older than my boys in school! We sail on the Freedom on August 24th for the 8 day to Aruba! I can not wait!!! That is why when I saw your Freedom review I just had to read THE WHOLE THING! lol We sailed her to the Panama Canal in 2011 and loved it!

And yes we are die hard Cub fans and yes maybe next year but we love them every year no matter what!

Thank-You for reading my review....I'm glad you enjoyed it. We do have a lot in common. Yeah were big fans of Danica Patrick....she is gonna get her first win soon :). I bet she gets her first NASCAR win before the Cubs even make the playoffs ;) :p

You will really enjoy the Carnival Freedom....the Serenity area is the best area on the ship

wrigley80 - new at this even though I have been a member for years! How do I get to the pictures of your review - do I just need to start reading at page 1 and continue to page 23? Have been on this cruise in 2010 and am going back in February 2014 - looking for new ideas! Thanks.:)

wrigley80 - new at this even though I have been a member for years! How do I get to the pictures of your review - do I just need to start reading at page 1 and continue to page 23? Have been on this cruise in 2010 and am going back in February 2014 - looking for new ideas! Thanks.:)

Yes just start over at Page 1....

Brianna,

We are going on the Freedom in February and your review helped to increase my anticipation. I loved all your photos and commentary - you did an amazing job!

Thank-you for reading my review....I'm happy you enjoyed it. You will love the Freedom....the atrium is beautiful. Which ports are you going to??

Fantastic review. Thank you so much for taking the time to post this. We leave at the end of September on the Freedom, and are looking forward to it!!!!

Thank-you so much for reading my review.....they are a lot of fun to do. It gives you a chance to relive your vacation.....hehe.

You will enjoy the Freedom. Be sure to check out the Serenity deck area. We spent a lot of late nights out there. One night after dinner we went up there to look out at the stars and fell asleep on one of the clamshells....we woke up about 2:00 am. Careful those things are addicting.....haha

Well, darn, I saw this thread and thought you had written a new review, I got excited! I love reading your trip reports! :D

Haha.....I wish it was a new one. I will be writing a new one soon though. We are doing a back-to-back on the Imagination and then the Sunshine in December so be looking out for that photo review

Haha.....I wish it was a new one. I will be writing a new one soon though. We are doing a back-to-back on the Imagination and then the Sunshine in December so be looking out for that photo review

Wrigley, I'll be looking forward to the one on the Sunshine especially. I'm thinking about booking the repo cruise in April for my anniversary. If anyone is going to give us and honest review I know it will be you! Love reading your reviews and seeing all your pics.