Our Cruise on the Carnival Freedom w/ Lots of Pics

wrigley80

Wow! What a very nice, comprehensive review. Great photos too. I started reading your review a few nights ago and just finished it now. It looks like you and your Dad had a great trip. Thanks for sharing it with all of us. I had read another one of your reviews last year. I think you had cruised to Canada or Maine, am I correct?

Wow! What a very nice, comprehensive review. Great photos too. I started reading your review a few nights ago and just finished it now. It looks like you and your Dad had a great trip. Thanks for sharing it with all of us. I had read another one of your reviews last year. I think you had cruised to Canada or Maine, am I correct?

Thanks for checking out my review.....my Dad and I always have a great time when we go on a cruise.....I mean how can you not :D

I have never been to Canada or Maine on a cruise but it is one that I would love to do someday. ;) I have done 3 previous reviews.....

• Carnival Legend
  • Carnival Fantasy
  • Carnival Ecstasy and Carnival Sensation (back-to-back cruises)

The day we were there they were having Motocross races on the infield so we couldn't go through Pit Road or the Start/Finish Line but we did see some great pictures of the Motocross race from a birds eye view ;)

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida712_zpsa39130d6.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida714_zpsc3d21d11.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida721_zps3523a3d5.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida722_zpsdf0096cc.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida726_zpsc423148d.jpg

Thanks for checking out my review.....my Dad and I always have a great time when we go on a cruise.....I mean how can you not :D

I have never been to Canada or Maine on a cruise but it is one that I would love to do someday. ;) I have done 3 previous reviews.....

• Carnival Legend
  • Carnival Fantasy
  • Carnival Ecstasy and Carnival Sensation (back-to-back cruises)

I have read one of your reviews before, but I guess I don't remember which one. Nevertheless, your current review is awesome, and I really enjoyed reading it.

Hi,

What wonderful pictures and detailed review. I appreciate the time you have taken to put these (reviews) together. I am thinking of doing a cruise this summer on my own. Which ship did you like better: the Ecstasy or The Freedom? I like both itineraries, but I have already been on the Ecstasy and I would like to try a new ship. However, I don't know if I am ready to sail 6 days on my own yet.

Thanks again!

Caro

I have read one of your reviews before, but I guess I don't remember which one. Nevertheless, your current review is awesome, and I really enjoyed reading it.

Thank-You....doing a review is a way to re-live the vacation :)

Hi,

What wonderful pictures and detailed review. I appreciate the time you have taken to put these (reviews) together. I am thinking of doing a cruise this summer on my own. Which ship did you like better: the Ecstasy or The Freedom? I like both itineraries, but I have already been on the Ecstasy and I would like to try a new ship. However, I don't know if I am ready to sail 6 days on my own yet.

Thanks again!

Caro

Thank-You....We enjoyed both ships but if I had to choose one I would pick the Freedom because of the Serenity Deck and size of the ship. The Serenity Deck was awesome...we spent a lot of time out there.

If you have already been on the Ecstasy then I would definitely try out a different ship. I would go for it and try out the 6 day itinerary on the Freedom. The ports on that itinerary are perfect....with the exception of Ocho Rios. Let me know what you decide to do :)

After we got through at the Speedway we decided to head back down to the beach to see if the tide had went out far enough so that we could drive on the beach

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida741_zps62f79b58.jpg

And it did....it is surprising that just a few hours earlier the water was so high on the beach that you couldn't even walk on it and now you can drive on the beach. We entered the beach on International Speedway Blvd and drove south until we reached Dunlawton Blvd

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida742_zps6b7b7e8e.jpg

Not too many people on the beach...it was a little chilly

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida746_zps32064994.jpg

My dad getting ice cream from an old-fashioned ice cream truck on the beach. I love this picture

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida747_zps363cc337.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida748_zps72a3eb65.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida772_zps79d9a364.jpg

A silly picture with my dad. It was so fun to be able to spend this day at Daytona Beach with my dad. He remembered driving on the beach with his dad and now I was able to have that same experience with my dad

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida775_zpsd79a4463.jpg

We wrote our names in the sand

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida777_zps4df7d998.jpg

Daytona Beach Pier

Well there you have it.....I am all finished with our Cruise Review on the Carnival Freedom. We had a fabulous time and I am happy that I was able to share it with all of you.

Feel free to continue with any questions that you may have about the cruise.

Until next time.....my next Photo Review will be from the Carnival Sunshine when we return in mid-December. That's unless we decide to go on another cruise before December ;) :) :p

• 4 weeks later...
CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida547_zps01eda41a.jpg

We headed back to the hotel around 1:00 pm because I wanted to get in the pool. We stayed at the Baymont Inn and Suites on Black Lake Road. I got the hotel through Hotwire for an awesome price. It was a perfect location right off of Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway.

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida549_zps77c0b900.jpg

Anyone who has drove on Irlo Bronson Highway will know this place.....Orange World. We bought some oranges and grapefruit and had them shipped home :p

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida550_zps06d5befb.jpg

I was so tempted to go up and grab one of the oranges on the bottom of the pyramid....would that be wrong???? :p

OMG the huge orange thing is still there!!!! I grew up in Miami & it was a tradition to go there on every road trip to Disney! That was 20 years ago, now im pushing 30 :( such memories that brings back!

BTW Im reliving my Dec. Freedom cruise through your awesome review!!

I have loved ALL of your reviews, great job & my mom is my cruising buddy lol!!!

Dimitry in VEGAS!!!

OMG the huge orange thing is still there!!!! I grew up in Miami & it was a tradition to go there on every road trip to Disney! That was 20 years ago, now im pushing 30 :( such memories that brings back!

BTW Im reliving my Dec. Freedom cruise through your awesome review!!

I have loved ALL of your reviews, great job & my mom is my cruising buddy lol!!!

Dimitry in VEGAS!!!

Oh yeah Orange World is still there. When we took our helicopter tour you could see that giant orange from miles away.

Yeah we had a great time on the Freedom as I'm sure you did too. Thanks for checking out my review

thanks for the awesome review. we were in daytona precruise a year ago and what an awesome place. definately need to go back and see a race there. just recently thought about changing my next summers cruise from the victory to the freedom. after your review I'm leaning at making that switch.

Just read your whole review - great! great! - loved the pictures. We are trying to decide on this cruise or the Carnival Dream for first week in January 2014. We love Ft Lauderdale, so we would spend extra days after the cruise. But we love Orlando too! -- decisions, decisions.

I read and enjoyed your review when you wrote it. Now we are considering the freedom for next year.

I've looked at some deck plans but they don't show the Serenity Area. What deck is that on?

Does the Freedom have Guys Burgers? (that's for dh :D)

Thanks!

thanks for the awesome review. we were in daytona precruise a year ago and what an awesome place. definately need to go back and see a race there. just recently thought about changing my next summers cruise from the victory to the freedom. after your review I'm leaning at making that switch.

Yeah my dad and I were just saying that next year we should do our spring break cruise during speed week. Get off the ship on a Saturday and cruise up to Daytona for the 500 on Sunday. Sounds like a good idea to me :D The Freedom is a wonderful ship....the crew were probably some of the best we have ever encountered on Carnival

Just read your whole review - great! great! - loved the pictures. We are trying to decide on this cruise or the Carnival Dream for first week in January 2014. We love Ft Lauderdale, so we would spend extra days after the cruise. But we love Orlando too! -- decisions, decisions.

If I had to choose between Fort Lauderdale and Orlando...I would definitely choose Orlando. But I don't think you can go wrong between the Carnival Freedom and the Carnival Dream ;) :p :) Have fun deciding....you will have a great time no matter which ship you pick. Thanks for reading my review :)

I read and enjoyed your review when you wrote it. Now we are considering the freedom for next year.

I've looked at some deck plans but they don't show the Serenity Area. What deck is that on?

Does the Freedom have Guys Burgers? (that's for dh :D)

Thanks!

Thank-You....you can't go wrong by choosing the Carnival Freedom.

Yes there is a Serenity area and it is wonderful. It is on deck 12 and 14 all the way forward....it can get a little windy but you didn't notice it too much. The whirlpools were on deck 14. After the shows each night I would go up to Serenity and lay in one of the clamshells and look out at the stars over the water......it was beautiful. :p

The Freedom doesn't have the 2.0 upgrades yet....she is scheduled to go in for dry dock in late November to receive all the 2.0 upgrades. At this time it has been said that she will receive Guys Burgers and all the rest of the upgrades

Thanks Brianna! I have looked at several web sites deck plans (even Carnival.com) and none of them show the serenity deck.

But I knew it was somewhere because I saw it in your pictures. (I actually went thru your review for a 2nd time this week and looked at all your pictures :D)

I just love them, I can see/feel the love and fun you and your Dad have together and it warms my heart.

We are pretty sure we are going to go ahead book the Freedom 8 day on 12/13/14.

Maybe it will have the upgrades by then (or maybe it won't) we'll have a wonderful time anyway. We are cruising with friends we made on the Glory in 2006.

I'll be looking forward to more reviews from you. I'm a Wrigley50 fan for sure.

Edited by poptart