Early Saver and the Big Sale

MNelson486

Hello All,

Before I invest an hour on the phone to talk to someone at Carnival - I thought I would ask you all if this might be a possibility.

I booked a lovely 9B premium balcony (for 4) for my Alaska Cruise on July 16. The 9Bs have been sold out for a long time as have the Suites -- so there is no going up.

I am booked early saver -- but with the sale I could get 2 extended balcony cabins for less money then the 1 premium balcony. Do you think they would let me switch? I would have more space for my family (and 2 bathrooms!)

Thanks for any insight you can give -- I know I probably just need to call and ask -- but gosh I have other stuff to do (like work!)

Missy

It's worth a try if that's what you'd prefer. It would be nice to have the extra space and especially the extra bathroom. But you'll never know unless you call. And if you'd rather keep what you have after learning what else is available to you, you can do that as well. The sale is great. Give it a try.

How can I find out if I am an early saver rate? What is difference in early saver and super saver. My pvp said I couldn't get a credit but let me up grade at nc. Price is still cheaper than what I paid

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Ive submitted a few forms over the past 7 days...

my total cruise fare is showing than what I paid (full balance paid already) but nothing is showing in the OBC portion line item

is this part of the normal process? I havent received any kind of confirmation yet.

not in any rush, just curious

Wow! $1229 on board credit -- that is massive!

I am now at 88 minutes on hold -- and I do fear my lovely helper has forgotten about me as I have not heard from her in like 15 minutes. I hope she did not go to lunch!

Just to keep everyone updated on my progress --

I spent an hour and a half on hold -- and guess what it all worked out. Some of you might not think I got a great change -- but I do.

I went from 7301 -- a 9B balcony for 4 people -- which is a sweet cabin and is now available (for $1000 less than I paid) in case anyone is on my sailing and wants to upgrade. Instead I got 2 cabins -- the only 2 connecting cabins left on our trip -- an 8j that connects to an inside. I am cool with the inside for the kids. They can come and sit on my balcony (if I let them). I saved over $900. No penalty for changing an early saver etc.

I had prepaid so they said they would credit my account within 10 days. I am paid and now I buy some more shore excursions (which are an arm and a leg). Plus we have 2 bathrooms. The only thing we lost in the shuffle was guaranteed early dining.

Good luck all -- there are good customer service folks at Carnival. My lady called me back after an hour and half so I did not have to stay on hold as she worked things out!

Thank you!

Good for you!

However, how does a balcony cabin connect to an inside? Do you mean the inside is across the hall?:confused:

On the Spirit class ships they have a couple or a few balconies that connect to an inside room. I am not sure how many but know it is not many. I know I saw a couple on the Upper Deck.

Sharon

Archived