Drink and Bartender Questions

mamajo3304

I am going on a girls cruise on Elation April 20th. This is my 2nd cruise and everyone else's first. None of us are drinkers but we want to sit back and relax and we have purchased some drink coupons. Here are my questions:

Can we request a drink be made a certain way? For example, last yr dh and I were on Paradise and I ordered a Mudslide. This is something I drank 20 yrs ago and I remember it being more like a milkshake. However, what i got was like chocolate milk with ice in it. If I were to order this again, can I request it be made differently or is the guest just out of luck and you get what you get? If you can make requests, should you tip a little something for their trouble?

I am looking for some drink suggestions. I like fruity flavors, leaning towards berries and drinks with rum, vodka or Jack Daniels in it. What do you suggest that I order? Last time I tried Sex on the Beach (didn't care for), Strawberry Margarita (pretty good) and a Strawberry Dacquari. I need help so I can order my drinks with confidence and be pretty sure that I am going to like them.

Help!

Thanks!

Try different Drink of the Day. I don't remember the name, but the one they served on embarkation day was so delish, I ordered it a few times throughout the cruise. Had I not tried it as a drink of the day I may not have ordered it otherwise. Enjoy! :)

I am going on a girls cruise on Elation April 20th. This is my 2nd cruise and everyone else's first. None of us are drinkers but we want to sit back and relax and we have purchased some drink coupons. Here are my questions:

Can we request a drink be made a certain way? For example, last yr dh and I were on Paradise and I ordered a Mudslide. This is something I drank 20 yrs ago and I remember it being more like a milkshake. However, what i got was like chocolate milk with ice in it. If I were to order this again, can I request it be made differently or is the guest just out of luck and you get what you get? If you can make requests, should you tip a little something for their trouble?

I am looking for some drink suggestions. I like fruity flavors, leaning towards berries and drinks with rum, vodka or Jack Daniels in it. What do you suggest that I order? Last time I tried Sex on the Beach (didn't care for), Strawberry Margarita (pretty good) and a Strawberry Dacquari. I need help so I can order my drinks with confidence and be pretty sure that I am going to like them.

Help!

Thanks!

Mudslide has coffee liqueur in it, so they made your drink correct. You're probably looking for Dirty Monkey it comes with vanilla ice cream.

Here's my go to list which is bias to pineapple. Best to stay with the standard flavors and combo's while on the ship. Often times the bars aren't equipped with good mixers and/or liqueurs. You will notice a lot of lime, pineapple, grenadine, OJ and cranberry for mixers in this list.

Goombay Smash - popular pineapple juice/coconut rum combo. Sometimes drink of the day. Tastier than a bahama mama

Bahama Mama - rum, coconut flavored rum, oz grenadine syrup, orange juice, pineapple juice

Hurricane(Really tasty but strong) - vodka, gin, rum, amaretto almond liqueur, triple sec, grenadine syrup, grapefruit juice, pineapple juice

Rum Punch - made a hundred different ways, can be a good go to if you find a bartender that has a good recipe.

Sea Breeze - vodka, cranberry juice, grapefruit juice

Malibu Bay Breeze - malibu, pineapple, cranberry

Since you mentioned Jack Daniels, this one may tickle your fancy.

Tennessee Peach - Jack, Peach Schnapps, OJ, cranberry

~Terry

I think the mudslide you are thinking of is a FROZEN mudslide. But if you get a mocha chocolate getaway, they are similar.

The classic cocktails are good too, I love the cruiser which has Vodka in it and some juice. A kiss on the lips is really good too, it is like a frozen mango daiquiri with some grenadine.

Don't worry about being confident, everyone looks at the menus and tries all different things. The bartenders are all very helpful too.

Carnival makes a great mojoito, which is made with rum. It's my go to drink whenever in at a loss for ideas.

Second vote for Mojito, but they are strong. I also like the Blue margarita, it's just like a regular one, with blue curaco. Best on the Rocks!

The drink served on embarkation day is the Funship special....mmmm it's sooo good, it is one of those things that just makes the whole day. It's the sign that I'm definitely on vacation and about to have the best time ever!

I too like the Mudslides. Any that I've ever ordered on the ships were like a chocolate milkshake. Never chocolate milk over ice. It must have been a bad bartender that made your drink. As another poster mentioned, the Miami Vices are great too. Especially on a hot day out in the sun.

Archived