Decent Beachfront FLL or MIA??

KatPem

I have been looking and looking but it is all starting to run in together. We will be staying two nights post cruise in Fort Lauderdale or Miami, Flying out of FLL. Possibly looking for a place on the beach but not $$$. We will have a rental car so it could be a little further out. The only things I am finding are looking really run down and I know I can get something nice for cheap inland and have a back up in case we decide to do that. Thought it would be nice to be on the beach though. There are 6 of us which requires a suite or two rooms :(

Looks like you are cruising the end of this month - the first week of April will be $$$ because of Easter break for many school systems. :(

FLL area hotels near the beach:

Beach Place

Ritz Carlton

Alhambra

Westin

W

Hilton

Courtyard

Bahia Mar

B Ocean is near a few restaurants and walking distance to Galleria Mall.

Marriott Harbor Beach, Sheraton, and Best Western Oceanside are a little further but also walk-able.

www.sunny.org is a good source for info on most FLL and Hollywood FL hotels. Good luck! :)

I'd look at hotels in Dania near Ft. l. Those will include parking. If you stay at the beach in Ft L you will need to pay for the car parking at the hotel. Sounds like beach hotels are out of your budget.

If you want beach in "Miami", you need to stay in Miami Beach, not the city of Miami. (Two different areas.) And those will be even higher than Ft L.

In your case, since you have the car, skip the beachfront hotel and look 10-15 min away.

Especially if John is correct in assuming you are traveling during this super busy time.

What dates are you looking at and how much is your limit?

April 6-8. I know I can get a nice suite with breakfast, nice hotel, plenty of room with breakfast for $137 so I don't want to spend more than $250 on the beach, ideally under $200. I doubt either will be possible though when you figure in that there are six of us. Thinking I am just going to book the in-land hotel and we can drive to the beach. It is our first 'vacation' ever really as a family so we haven't stayed on the beach before and my husband thought it would be neat but not worth breaking the already broken bank since they will have just gotten off a week long cruise. I see many places that would be in my budget but they look like dives lol

I think you are thinking logically here. What spots are you looking at?

Ft L area is not that large and the short ride to the public beach will be worth it. You might want to do the water taxi with your family and see more of the area too. Might not be able to afford that if you were staying on the beach. You are right I can't think of a beach hotel that will let you have six in a room.

We will be staying two nights post cruise in Fort Lauderdale or Miami, Flying out of FLL. ... Thought it would be nice to be on the beach though. There are 6 of us which requires a suite or two rooms :(

We couldn't find anything resaonable for our group of 4 adults. Most of the rooms offered 2 doubles...

We booked today at Rodeway Inn near the airport. It was 200.00 for two nights for a two queens.

It got decent reviews on Tripadvisor, so we booked.

I have been looking and looking but it is all starting to run in together. We will be staying two nights post cruise in Fort Lauderdale or Miami, Flying out of FLL. Possibly looking for a place on the beach but not $$$. We will have a rental car so it could be a little further out. The only things I am finding are looking really run down and I know I can get something nice for cheap inland and have a back up in case we decide to do that. Thought it would be nice to be on the beach though. There are 6 of us which requires a suite or two rooms :(

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/fact-sheet/travel/fllco-courtyard-fort-lauderdale-beach/

we stayed here after our cruise for 1 night great location. I think it was $180 for a king rm. I have already booked again for Jan. cruise. 15 mins from ship.

We ended up going with the Staybridge Suites. $137 a night but will accommodate the six of us, looks nice!

Hi KatPem, we are trying to figure out accommodations as well. Do you have 6 all in one room? Do they offer complimentary shuttle to airport or cruise port? I tried looking on their website, but didn't see this info.

Thanks!

Hi KatPem, we are trying to figure out accommodations as well. Do you have 6 all in one room? Do they offer complimentary shuttle to airport or cruise port? I tried looking on their website, but didn't see this info.

Thanks!

We have all 6 in one room, we are cruising out of POM and decided to just get a rental car...they do not have a shuttle but were a whole lot cheaper than anyone that did and since we are staying two days, deicided to rent a car instead of unknown cab fares.

We are staying at the Hampton Blue Lagoon in Miami upon arrival and have a suite that all 6 of us will fit in but it is significantly more. They do offer an airport shuttle though.

Archived