UK passengers - pre purchase of shipboard credit

jones721

I am sorry, I must have missed that information, I was thrown by the fact that my first two purchases were almost immediate, and subsequent ones did not happen for weeks, when I rang Celebrity here and in US, they said the subsequent ones had not happened, and I should put through again. They did not say anything about date order, but I guess thats me told! :)

Your post of the 23rd March has morphed this thread which was originally started to discuss the inability to purchase OBCs in GBP by those UK cruisers booked through a US travel agent. The other thread I started which you posted to is more relevant and has lots of snippets of information.

Phil

Just had the following reply from my email.

Please note that these online orders for amenities and onboard credit go through to our Head office in Miami to process. When they initially receive the orders they send out the following confirmation which you have received, however they then process the orders in sail date order. This would explain why it hasn't been done as yet, I would recommend contacting us in about 2-3 weeks and if your card is yet to be charged then we can chase this with our Head office to get an update.

Kind Regards

Tim

Guest Support Unit

Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises & Azamara Club Cruises

Not exactly confirmation that they have my order so I'll have to wait and see.

It's not the end of the world if I don't get it but after getting nothing from the 123 offers it does seem like a little something at least.

Don't sail until September so plenty of time yet.

Rick.

I did this today for our Equinox cruise next month.

I completed one purchase of 9 credits, and then another for 7. However, I received the emails straight away, but 3 emails! The first purchase (9) generated 2 emails, both identical times, and the second purchase (7) generated 1 :confused:

Do you think I'm going to end up with 9+9+7 ? I definitely only completed one transition for 9, and was very careful not to 'click' more than once, so I don't know whats happened.

Lou

I did this today for our Equinox cruise next month.

I completed one purchase of 9 credits, and then another for 7. However, I received the emails straight away, but 3 emails! The first purchase (9) generated 2 emails, both identical times, and the second purchase (7) generated 1 :confused:

Do you think I'm going to end up with 9+9+7 ? I definitely only completed one transition for 9, and was very careful not to 'click' more than once, so I don't know whats happened.

Lou

Lou

I would not worry. Celebrity's computer system in general seems to be sending random duplicate emails recently. I spend ages trying to see what differences there were between some of our confirmation invoices before I relealised that they were simply duplicates!

Sue

My 3 purchases have now shown up on my credit card account, that's just over 3 week after I ordered them.

One good thing is that I have now got an extra month to pay it off.

Rick.

Lou

I would not worry. Celebrity's computer system in general seems to be sending random duplicate emails recently. I spend ages trying to see what differences there were between some of our confirmation invoices before I relealised that they were simply duplicates!

Sue

Thanks for that Sue, I feel a bit better now :)

Not the end of the world, I know, as any unused would just go back onto my card, but didn't really want that much as we've already booked and paid for our trips and bev package. The extra was just to cover any speciality dining we decided to do, and just in case I see anything on board that I want to buy :)

Lou

Archived