Yellow cab NYC/ car service question

j603

Quick question.... Has anybody had any experience with this website? I am in the processe of pricing out our car service/taxi service from Ditmars Blvd in East Elmhurst to the Manhattan for our cruise on may 12th. I know about Dial 7, Carmel Limo, and couple others. There is 6 adults with 6-8 pieces of luggage.

Which web site? The car services such as Dial 7 and Carmel each have their own web sites. Yellow taxis can't be reserved through a web site, they have to be hailed on the street or they wait at approved taxi stands at airports, hotels, etc. for fares.

By the way, a yellow medallion taxi can't accept six adult passengers. The maximum is 5, and then only in a mini van or SUV-type cab. Maximum is 4 in a regular sedan.

PS...if you want a proper quote from a car service it's imperative that you provide accurate information on the number of passengers and amount of luggage, whether making inquiry on their web sites or by phone. Six passengers will require a larger vehicle such as a full size van. Sometimes it can be cheaper to book two ordinary sedans, each carrying three passengers. You'll have to check the price quotes,

Also if you have six people all going on a cruise don't forget that you need room for the luggage.

Which web site? The car services such as Dial 7 and Carmel each have their own web sites. Yellow taxis can't be reserved through a web site, they have to be hailed on the street or they wait at approved taxi stands at airports, hotels, etc. for fares.

By the way, a yellow medallion taxi can't accept six adult passengers. The maximum is 5, and then only in a mini van or SUV-type cab. Maximum is 4 in a regular sedan.

PS...if you want a proper quote from a car service it's imperative that you provide accurate information on the number of passengers and amount of luggage, whether making inquiry on their web sites or by phone. Six passengers will require a larger vehicle such as a full size van. Sometimes it can be cheaper to book two ordinary sedans, each carrying three passengers. You'll have to check the price quotes,

Also if you have six people all going on a cruise don't forget that you need room for the luggage.

My post said: "PS...if you want a proper quote from a car service it's imperative that you provide accurate information on the number of passengers and amount of luggage..."

okaaay. I was writing to the op not you anyhow. but thanks for the correction.:rolleyes: sorry I am not as perfect as you are. there is no need to highlight mine, or others, errors. I can take it, I have tough skin, but I notice you do it to others too, who make a simple mistake and you are sure to point it out. Perhaps that is why you have 10,000 posts, you have to correct every single mistake on CC.

My post said: "PS...if you want a proper quote from a car service it's imperative that you provide accurate information on the number of passengers and amount of luggage..."

there are a couple of experimental apps that are in use in many cities that allow you to call a "cab" from the app. There are a couple of companies that have been experimenting with NY Yellow cabs. I believe there is currently an injunction and lawsuit against these apps in NY. The TLC(taxi and limo commission) wants to try to allow the use.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/tlc/html/industry/licenses_ehail.shtml

http://news.yahoo.com/e-hail-app-order-yellow-cabs-nyc-blocked-174651344.html

as far as I know no one app has been approved yet.

okaaay. I was writing to the op not you anyhow. but thanks for the correction.:rolleyes: sorry I am not as perfect as you are. there is no need to highlight mine, or others, errors. I can take it, I have tough skin, but I notice you do it to others too, who make a simple mistake and you are sure to point it out. Perhaps that is why you have 10,000 posts, you have to correct every single mistake on CC.

If you weren't referring to my post, why did you quote it ? You didn't quote the OP's post. Quote the post you're referring to and you won't have this problem.

You also might want to check Cruise Critic rules prohibiting personal attacks before you make a comment about why someone has 10,000 posts.

Thanks guys! I have done the online quotes with the accurate people/luggage count. Two of my friends are bringing golf clubs which seems to be turning this into a much bigger chore. LOL I had not consider the whole 2 cars deal. I will definitely look into it. :)

P.S. The original website that I found and was asking about was http://www.yellowcabnyc.com.

Thanks guys! I have done the online quotes with the accurate people/luggage count. Two of my friends are bringing golf clubs which seems to be turning this into a much bigger chore. LOL I had not consider the whole 2 cars deal. I will definitely look into it. :)

P.S. The original website that I found and was asking about was http://www.yellowcabnyc.com.

I would stay away from that web site. I have no idea who is behind it but it claims to be a "blog" about NY City taxi service which also seems to have a booking engine for some car service...which may or may not be legitimate. Any reputable car service will have a web site under its own name, such as Dial 7 : http://www.dial7.com and Carmel : http://www.carmellimo.com . As I already said, NY City yellow medallion taxis can't be booked on line or reserved in advance, only car services can.

Archived