Royal Princess Balcony room with the couch...

BratDet

I booked a guarantee for that category.

I wanted it marked meta upgrade only...it was put as any opgrade....

I called to ask about it and was told...if I booked the room that has the sofa...if I got upgraded, it would be a meta upgrade, not a plain balcony room in a better location.

Thoughts?

Bernadette.

It sounds like you booked the new cabin type, a Deluxe balcony cabin. A meta upgrade would be if you were upgraded to a mini-suite. If you booked a GTY, you could be assigned any Deluxe balcony cabin anywhere on the ship. Possibly a mini but unlikely. It doesn't come with nor is an upgrade guaranteed unless it's some sort of a special promotion. Every booking on the ship is automatically marked "Will accept an upgrade" unless it's specifically changed to "No upgrade."

always love your advice...one day I hope to meet you on a sailing...

there's a few more board veterans who I would love to meet!

:)

Yes, you had the correct term...for what I booked...

SOOOO excited to repeat a Med Cruise...where we can relax and explore more and also take advantage of a beautful new ship...

BTW, I had booked an Athens tour service you had reccomended...because YOU reccomended it! Just rebooked them for this year! Had a great day in Athens last year...

Bernadette

BTW, I had booked an Athens tour service you had reccomended...because YOU reccomended it! Just rebooked them for this year! Had a great day in Athens last year...
Glad to hear Takis was able to assist you. We've used him several times and recommended him to close friends. Everyone raves about him. It's well-deserved.

the sofa in deluxe balcony, is it a sofa or sofa bed?

This according to the Princess Cruises website, and pertains to both obstructed and non-obstructed Deluxe Balcony cabins:

Deluxe Balcony -

A larger version of a balcony stateroom includes all the same amenities, plus a comfortable sofa bed to relax and rejuvenate. This stateroom also offers some of the same amenities found in a mini-suite stateroom including upgraded bathroom amenities, waffle bathrobe, terry cloth towels, and an upgraded duvet insert.

:D

This according to the Princess Cruises website, and pertains to both obstructed and non-obstructed Deluxe Balcony cabins:

Deluxe Balcony -

A larger version of a balcony stateroom includes all the same amenities, plus a comfortable sofa bed to relax and rejuvenate. This stateroom also offers some of the same amenities found in a mini-suite stateroom including upgraded bathroom amenities, waffle bathrobe, terry cloth towels, and an upgraded duvet insert.

:D

That sounds great to me. Thank you!

Archived