Fort lauderdale hotels near beach and mall?

nae418

Hello:

I am planning a cruise on the Allure of the Seas, don't have a date in stone yet. I'm planning on staying in Fort Lauderdale for 3 nights pre-cruise, and looking for any of these hotel combinations:

1. Nice clean hotel with either free hot breakfast, or room service and near a beach and shopping.

2. Nice clean hotel with beach and shopping in a restaurant district.

3. Nice clean hotel in a beach area with public transportation nearby that will get me a Mall or shopping area and some attractions.

4. Nice clean hotel in the heart of everything with beach a short distance away via cab or public transportation.

I'm hoping to spend less than $175 a night. I don't want to be no more than 15 minutes from the Port of Fort Lauderdale.

I stayed at Hyatt Place last time I cruised from Fort Lauderdale, wanted something different this time....

Anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

I would recommend any of the beach hotels between the strip from Sunrise to Las Olas. Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, W Hotel, Westin Beach Resort, Ritz Carlton. Off-season rates (late April through October) are quite reasonable with great packages. Rates from October through April (snowbird season) are much higher. This area is usually regarded as a more upscale experience than the hotels closer to the cruise pier and airport.

From there you can take a cab to the Galleria Mall on Sunrise -- great shopping and restaurants, although some of the restaurants on the beach are geared more towards the touristy setting, rather than eating in Mall restaurants.

The cab from that hotel area to the Mall is only about $7 or $8. If your hotel room comes with a kitchenette, there's also a new Publix supermarket right across from the Galleria Mall.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

A few years ago, my mother and I stayed at the Westin in Ft. Lauderdale. It was right across from the beach. It was near the intercoastal water taxis. We had a wonderful day going to the mall, and to a wonderful upscale shopping district (maybe someone else knows what I am talking about - can't remember the name) and out to dinner at a place where they feed the Tarapons (sp) off the dock, all using the water taxis. The drivers where a hoot.

I'm sure they have room service although we didn't use it. Not sure on price as my mother used points to get the room.

And it was a quick taxi ride to the port.

I think this hotel would fit everything you're looking for. It is next to the Galleria Mall, it is 3 blocks from the beach and there is an intracoastal waterway right next to the hotel that has a water taxi that can take you up and down the coastal area with stops at certain locations.

I'll second the Pier 66. We liked it very much, even though we stayed in a much-maligned lanai room. The pool area was lovely, and as an added bonus, we got to see Steven Spielberg's boat, Seven Seas. (Boat was a little small for my tastes...preferred the Allure!)

We booked the room on Last Minute Travel about 5 months in advance and got it for around $145 (a February stay) before tax.

Hello:

I am planning a cruise on the Allure of the Seas, don't have a date in stone yet. I'm planning on staying in Fort Lauderdale for 3 nights pre-cruise, and looking for any of these hotel combinations:

1. Nice clean hotel with either free hot breakfast, or room service and near a beach and shopping.

2. Nice clean hotel with beach and shopping in a restaurant district.

3. Nice clean hotel in a beach area with public transportation nearby that will get me a Mall or shopping area and some attractions.

4. Nice clean hotel in the heart of everything with beach a short distance away via cab or public transportation.

I'm hoping to spend less than $175 a night. I don't want to be no more than 15 minutes from the Port of Fort Lauderdale.

I stayed at Hyatt Place last time I cruised from Fort Lauderdale, wanted something different this time....

Anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

Hi there - here's a few suggestions;

Sheraton Fort Lauderdale beach - which is right on the beach and the bus stops right outside that can take you along the front and round to Galleria Mall (found the mall to be expensive - no outlets stores).

Riverside Hotel, E Las Olas Boul - a few shops round about and has the water taxi stop behind the hotel which can take you to the Galleria Mall, the beach or sightseeing.

Since discovering the water taxis - we tend to choose a hotel which is on their route, ie Hilton Marina is on the route, although we didn't realise the last time we stayed.

Not sure on prices as these can fluctuation quite a bit depending how early you book or when it's for. I use google maps (street view) to check out what's round about hotels that I stay in. Hope this helps.

Hello everyone:

Thanks for all of your help. All of the responses sound good! The last time I stayed in Fort Lauderdale, we were going on the Navigator of the Seas a few years back. Our flight was delayed due to a bad rain storm. We arrived in Fort Lauderdale just in time to go to bed, we had no time to do anything. This time I'd like to explode the town a bit. I'm a water animal, I love the beach! All of the hotels sound really nice. I'll check them out and see what I come with.

Thank again, this information is very helpful.

Happy Sailing to all!

Sheraton Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort gets my vote - we stayed there for our last 2 cruises. The hotel has been completely renovated. Free access to the beach if you are guest, with loungers. Bar/food service on the beach. A quick cab ride to the mall, and you can walk to all the great restaurants near Las Olas.

I'll second the Pier 66. We liked it very much, even though we stayed in a much-maligned lanai room. The pool area was lovely, and as an added bonus, we got to see Steven Spielberg's boat, Seven Seas. (Boat was a little small for my tastes...preferred the Allure!)

We booked the room on Last Minute Travel about 5 months in advance and got it for around $145 (a February stay) before tax.

Really pleased to here tis, we have booked to stay there in just over a week and having read some dreadful things, I have been wondering whether to change hotels...but now I wont :-)

Really pleased to here tis, we have booked to stay there in just over a week and having read some dreadful things, I have been wondering whether to change hotels...but now I wont :-)

Please let me know how your stay went. Thanks you and Happy Sailing.

InnAnn, good deal you snagged at the Sheraton. Have stayed there twice and enjoyed my stay. Good location and right across the street from the water taxi. Check out one of my favorite restaurants, Oasis. It is up the street within walking distance. Good bbq ribs. Bob:)

InnAnn, good deal you snagged at the Sheraton. Have stayed there twice and enjoyed my stay. Good location and right across the street from the water taxi. Check out one of my favorite restaurants, Oasis. It is up the street within walking distance. Good bbq ribs. Bob:)

Thanks I am sure we will enjoy it. Saw it in February while we were exploring prior to our cruise.

Archived