Upgrades

What is the most effective way to get an upgrade to a better cabin?

I am a bottom rung C&A member, I booked a JS and was hoping to get an upgrade on my upcoming January 14 cruise. How much more ususally would I have to pay if I request it at the port? I am not going to pay the difference in the posted rates.. If I wanted to do that I would of booked it origionally.

I was hoping that since it is a slower time of year I MIGHT get it upgraded

Thanks

What is the most effective way to get an upgrade to a better cabin?

Pay for it!

I am a bottom rung C&A member, I booked a JS and was hoping to get an upgrade on my upcoming January 14 cruise. How much more ususally would I have to pay if I request it at the port? I am not going to pay the difference in the posted rates.. If I wanted to do that I would of booked it origionally.

I was hoping that since it is a slower time of year I MIGHT get it upgraded

Thanks

Chances to get a free upgrade are rare to non existent although they can happen very very very rarely.

If you put your heart on it pay for it upfront.

Upgrades at the pier are possible based on availability and on a first come first serve.

apparenty you did not read my post fully.

I am happy with a JS and was just WONDERING.. if upgrades were possible on less than full ships.

I will say again, if I wanted to buy the next level up, I would of

Thanks !!

I would say your odds of moving up from a junior suite are next to nil. There are few total suites and those are usually booked. Junior suites are very popular and that level is also usually full. Most upgrades are from inner rooms to outer rooms or ocean view rooms to balcony rooms - depending on availability. I'm basing this only on personal observation.

I was one of the lucky ones. For no apparant reason, we were upgraded from a D1 balcony to a grande suite on the Radiance in April. Of course, we did give up a coveted corner aft for the grande suite ;) maybe that had something to do with it, but the world will never know for sure!

A~:)

Archived