NCL where is the new Cagney's menu or list of improvements

big green

I don't recall that the announcement promised "improvements", but rather, promised "enhancements".

That could be fancier napkins, waiter uniforms, changed hours, or whatever...no promise of better food in the announcement that I saw.

There's a a good reason why the new menu isn't posted on NCL's web site yet...its roll out doesn't start until April 13:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=37337608&postcount=44

Cover Charge for Cagney's Steakhouse

Dear Cruise Critic Members,

In our ongoing efforts to continue to improve our specialty restaurants, we are in the process of making enhancements to the menu at Cagney’s and therefore the new cover charge will be $30 per person. The new charge will begin rolling out to the fleet on April 13 starting with Norwegian Epic. We hope our guests will enjoy the new menu offerings as they continue to receive an extraordinary dining experience in our fleet-wide steakhouse.

Best,

Norwegian Cruise Line Public Relations team

I don't recall that the announcement promised "improvements", but rather, promised "enhancements".

That could be fancier napkins, waiter uniforms, changed hours, or whatever...no promise of better food in the announcement that I saw.

improve=enhance

Try looking at a dictionary:

en·hance (n-hns)

tr.v. en·hanced, en·hanc·ing, en·hanc·es

1. To make greater, as in value, beauty, or effectiveness; augment.

2. To provide with improved, advanced, or sophisticated features: computer software enhanced with cutting-edge functionalities.

BG

There's a a good reason why the new menu isn't posted on NCL's web site yet...its roll out doesn't start until April 13:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=37337608&postcount=44

Cover Charge for Cagney's Steakhouse

Dear Cruise Critic Members,

In our ongoing efforts to continue to improve our specialty restaurants, we are in the process of making enhancements to the menu at Cagney’s and therefore the new cover charge will be $30 per person. The new charge will begin rolling out to the fleet on April 13 starting with Norwegian Epic. We hope our guests will enjoy the new menu offerings as they continue to receive an extraordinary dining experience in our fleet-wide steakhouse.

Best,

Norwegian Cruise Line Public Relations team

When I INITIALLY read this, it was IMO sent in response to the increase to $30 per person to dine in Cagney's. I took it as "since we are enhancing the Cagney's menu, the price will increase to $30."

So...HAS the cost to eat in Cagney's increased NOW even though the enhancements don't begin until 04/13/13?

ALSO.... Does anyone think the enhancements to Cagney's menu will be completed when I sail the Star 04/14/13?

improve=enhance

Try looking at a dictionary:

en·hance (n-hns)

tr.v. en·hanced, en·hanc·ing, en·hanc·es

1. To make greater, as in value, beauty, or effectiveness; augment.

2. To provide with improved, advanced, or sophisticated features: computer software enhanced with cutting-edge functionalities.

BG

after seeing the NCL announcement posted above, I agree that they specifically talked about changes in the menu. I withdraw my earlier comments

Thanks for the link Cruisin! Will be at Cagney's on Dawn at the end of April. Now if they would upgrade to Kobe or Wagyu! :) Add in a nice one pound Maine lobster tail and I'm set.

Last May the lobster tail was horrible. Chewy Rubber. I wouldn't order it again unless they upgrade them to Maine lobster.

Thanks for the link Cruisin! Will be at Cagney's on Dawn at the end of April. Now if they would upgrade to Kobe or Wagyu! :) Add in a nice one pound Maine lobster tail and I'm set.

Don't hold your breath :eek:

The price is being "enhanced."

Whether the menu is being improved, enhanced, changed, kept the same.... Who knows.

I'd expect to see some changes, but I doubt it will be anything earth shattering. It's most likely just a way to pass on a price increased.

Try Moderno--you will be please with their food-service and lesser surcharge.

My experinece is you will be getting less for more money.

This is your opinion. I've eaten in Moderno twice now, and did not enjoy the flavor of the food.

Archived