First Time Azamara cruiser

rwadam

Hello,

I've just booked my first Azamara cruise. April 21st -- Seville to Barcelona -- to celebrate my 50th birthday. :) I'll be going with 2 of my best friends. Sorry if this has been asked and answered a million times, but I'm wondering if there is an faq here for first timers. Also, for dining in the main dining room -- we are a party of 3 -- can we be accommodated at our own table or will we be seated at a larger table? We will probably eat late (8 pm). Any other tips or recommendations are most appreciated. Thank you very much. I look forward to the cruise.

Hello Richard - welcome to the Azamara forum

With regard to the dining room, you shouldn't have any trouble getting a table for three. We always get a table for two with no problem, although sometimes they ask if we'd like to share, but we prefer to eat on our own and we rarely have to wait. 8o'clock shouldn't be a problem either. We usually eat 7.30 to 8'ish. However, on our recent Indonesia cruise we often ate outside on the Windows buffet deck. Lovely atmosphere eating 'al fresco' on a warm evening.

Enjoy your first Azamara cruise - we're on our 7th in August and have loved every one!

Congratulations on your upcoming birthday and cruise

There is not an FAQ on these boards, please ask away anything that comes into your head

The main tip I can give you for life onboard is relax, do what you 3 want to do and if you would like something ask even if it is not obviously available. Azamara go out of their way to meet (reasonable) requests from guests.

And a practical tip if you are planning to use the ships shore excursions, make sure you book and pay for these at least 4 days before you sail to get a very useful discount

Enjoy and ask away in the meantime!

We will be getting off the day you get on! If you'll go back through some of the old posts here, you will get a ton of great information on Azamara. It's a wonderful line and you will have a great experience. Have fun and Happy Birthday!

CruiseChick00

I don't think there is an FAQ but there is a forum dedicated specifically to first time cruisers. If you backtrack from this board up to the Community settings, you will see the first link is for First Time Cruisers or you can just go down to the bottom of this page to the "Forum Jump" and scroll to the entry near the top of the list for "New Cruisers". You might find useful information there. It will not be for Azamara specifically, but there might be some entries that mention Azamara--to find them you can search (top right of the board) and search for "Azamara."

My first cruise (about 6 years ago, after I had already hit the big 5-0) hooked me on cruising. Hope you enjoy it as much and Happy 50th!

Happy birthday and have a great time!

On Azamara, so many of your fellow cruisers will be past Azamara customers that I think there tend to be even fewer mentions of things. If you've cruised other lines and you wonder why something isn't listed in the Daily, ask at the hotel desk. It may be that it's something they don't do (like a daily newspaper) but it may be something they DO offer (like a tour of the galley) but only if the guest knows enough to ask. Ask EARLY if that's something that would appeal to you.

I agree with all the previous posters. You should have absolutely no problem getting a table for the three of you alone. But they may ask, every single night, if you would like to make new friends. Cute ... but we always answered, no thx, on all 16 nights!

Don't miss the spinach-oyster soup if you like those flavors. It was outstanding.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am very much looking forward to this cruise. We have cruised other lines -- Princess, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, and Crystal -- and we have wanted to try Azamara for a long time. I like the Spain itinerary and NO formal nights. hooray!

Archived